Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 251300 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: Urist Arrhenius vs. poketwo
« Reply #600 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:33 pm »

((I'll get images up at some point.))

"As the defense has rested their case, please allow me to prosecute for a moment."

"While it is true the Congress has not banned all-caps, the Constitution has done so, by extension:"
Quote from: Toady One
Do not disrupt a thread with...intentionally garbled language --

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is...harassing...[or] threatening --

"All-caps posts are certainly disruptive with the modified text, and it is rarely unintentional. In this particular case, it was also quite harassing; threatening, too, under some definitions of the word."

/\/\/\/\/\/\
<
Take that!>
  \/\/\/\/\/\/
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 04, 2015, 10:29:08 pm »

"So... who do I shoot?"
"Aye, when do I get to shoot the fokken perp?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 04, 2015, 10:31:51 pm »

"I would argue that both the caps and the harassment was in character."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 04, 2015, 11:06:14 pm »

"We're off the books. Scribbled on the backside of the constitution in lemon juice."

"There is a problem with your statement.   The constitution is, and has been since the beginning, in the digital medium.  Therefore, lemon juice is something that cannot be applied to it without frying several electronics.  Furthermore, there is no 'back' to the Constitution due to its medium.  As such, I must believe that you are speaking metaphorically, and it is hidden in the code of the page it is, and has remained, on.  Through usage of the Inspect Element function of the Google Chrome browser, I have seen that there is no hidden text within the code of the Constitution.  As this is true, then that means that your organization does not have the backing of the Constitution, and holds no power over the forum or its members.  What say you Furturka?"

(OOC: The Guidelines do mention about the spamming of large images, so can people use [img height=75] to replace the [img] tag for the 'avatars' and [img height=150] for evidence?  This is mostly to prevent the thread from being taken down from overuse of large images, as well as making it a bit more readable in general.  If you are concerned about detail, then clicking on the image restores it to its full height.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 04, 2015, 11:12:45 pm »

(OOC: The Guidelines do mention about the spamming of large images, so can people use [img height=75] to replace the [img] tag for the 'avatars' and [img height=150] for evidence?  This is mostly to prevent the thread from being taken down from overuse of large images, as well as making it a bit more readable in general.  If you are concerned about detail, then clicking on the image restores it to its full height.)
((That guideline specifically excepts forum games where large images make sense in context. The readability argument is a good one, though, so I'll do just that.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:52 am »

Good sir, this is simply not the case. If you will review these below posts, you will see that the capital letters do nothing to add to any sort of persona, and instead are merely an affront to our common language.

I FEEL WE SHOULD HAVE MULTIPLE COUNTRIES, AS JUST ONE NATION IN MESO-AMERICA ISN'T ENOUGH FOR MORE THINGS TO DO THAN THE LAST MAP. AND ALSO TO REPRESENT THE TRIBES AND CULTURES OF THE LAND ACCURATELY.

BASICLY, MAKE THE MAP A REGION, NOT A STATE.

THEY WILL FIT THE SETTING, THIS ISN'T YOUR FATHER'S SCYTHERS.

*RESERVED*

These are merely his most recent three posts. If you dig further I'm sure you will agree with me that the majority of his use of capital letters has been OOC, and in fact he only seems willing to use lower case letters IC. This sort of behavior is, as was noted by mister IcyTea, prohibited by a document which we all agreed to abide by upon joining this fine forum, as it does nothing other than aggravate and confuse.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2015, 02:38:38 am »

What I see here is a moving of goalposts. My client was sued under the CLA of 2015, not the constitution. If charges under the Constitution want to be brought, it's another matter entirely.

However, I will argue that no one has standing to sue in this Court on the basis of the Constitution. The opening lines of the Constitution state that

These are the general guidelines for the Bay 12 Games forum.  If you violate the guidelines, you will be warned, muted for a period of days, or banned completely, depending on how disruptive you were and your prior history.

If you find a post that violates one of these guidelines, please report it with the "report to moderator" button located to the lower right of the post.

It is fairly clear that it is ToadyOne, and not the Court, which is responsible for the enforcement of the Constitution. As such, this would be outside the Court's jurisdiction.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 05, 2015, 03:54:26 am »

Urist, exactly how many counts of caps-lock-using are you charging poketwo with?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 05, 2015, 04:30:45 am »

"If we are to assume that the figures of '9 in 50 posts are not capslocked' are accurate, then according to my calculations, that would be approximately 2248 counts of capslock, rounded up."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 05, 2015, 06:25:05 am »

((I'll get images up at some point.))

"As the defense has rested their case, please allow me to prosecute for a moment."

"While it is true the Congress has not banned all-caps, the Constitution has done so, by extension:"
Quote from: Toady One
Do not disrupt a thread with...intentionally garbled language --

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is...harassing...[or] threatening --

"All-caps posts are certainly disruptive with the modified text, and it is rarely unintentional. In this particular case, it was also quite harassing; threatening, too, under some definitions of the word."

/\/\/\/\/\/\
<
Take that!>
  \/\/\/\/\/\/

:"Remember that no one has been EVER been banned due to using caps, and due to that, all caps posts aren't destructive in the toad's eyes."

Good sir, this is simply not the case. If you will review these below posts, you will see that the capital letters do nothing to add to any sort of persona, and instead are merely an affront to our common language.

I FEEL WE SHOULD HAVE MULTIPLE COUNTRIES, AS JUST ONE NATION IN MESO-AMERICA ISN'T ENOUGH FOR MORE THINGS TO DO THAN THE LAST MAP. AND ALSO TO REPRESENT THE TRIBES AND CULTURES OF THE LAND ACCURATELY.

BASICLY, MAKE THE MAP A REGION, NOT A STATE.

THEY WILL FIT THE SETTING, THIS ISN'T YOUR FATHER'S SCYTHERS.

*RESERVED*

These are merely his most recent three posts. If you dig further I'm sure you will agree with me that the majority of his use of capital letters has been OOC, and in fact he only seems willing to use lower case letters IC. This sort of behavior is, as was noted by mister IcyTea, prohibited by a document which we all agreed to abide by upon joining this fine forum, as it does nothing other than aggravate and confuse.
:................."I FUCKING NEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONER!!!! At this time, it seems to be that this ones motive is clear!!!!!!!!! Instead of going after my RTD posts and such, he seems to be going after a specific target.......... OF A GAME THAT I'M PARTICIPATING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I have stated before, he has a definite dislike of me due a certain map game the said game is a squeal to......DUE TO ME TRYING TO PUT SCYTHERS IN THERE!!!!!!! AS YOU HAVE HEARD, I ALSO HAVE A CURSE THAT AFFECTS ME IN LOWER BOARDS TO DO POSTS OUTSIDE OF RPING AND () TO BE IN CAPS!!!! I have far more control over this than........ others. But still, the point is that THIS URIST IS TRYING TO PREVENT ME FROM POSTING ON THE FANTASY MAP GAME,  TO STOP ANY SCYTHERS FROM GETTING ON THE MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SUEING ME TO PREVENT FREE SPEECH!!!!!

I would also like my lawyer to dig into my posts, and look for the ((   )) in some. And also, I will point to another post before 12.am"

DUEL

WHO HAS OFFEND IT US
"THE SWARM SEES THAT THE FLAME-GOD HAS BURNT DOWN THE WHOLE TOWN, LIKE WHAT BOTTOM-OF-THE-FOOD-CHAIN-SEA-CREATURES USUALLY DO WHEN THEY GET MAD."
"As you can see here, not only Am I using caps in an IC post, ITS ALSO ON THE FRONT PAGE OF MY PROFILE, PROVING THAT URIST DIDN'T LOOK THAT WELL AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 05, 2015, 06:28:00 am »

I charge poketwo for trying to insert Scythers into a game even after the game's rules explicitly forbids insertions of Scythers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 05, 2015, 10:58:16 am »

Seconded. Stomp on the annoying green insect.
One wheel short of a wagon

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 05, 2015, 11:20:08 am »

Wow. Zero to corrupt in 9 days. Impressive.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 05, 2015, 11:22:15 am »

Wow. Zero to corrupt in 9 days. Impressive.

((What do you mean??? the court cases???))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 05, 2015, 11:31:11 am »

((Yep. Conflict of interest.))
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 209