Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:  (Read 14212 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »

"Tells me our employers are assholes who'll kill us without a second thought, 's what it tells me. 'Sides, whether or not they technically apply, bullshit like this is why they need to. I swear to every god known to man, if I get so much as a whiff of sarin gas, I'm putting a needle through your skull. No offense."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2014, 08:51:20 pm »

Her tone remained steady. Fightign beside people you couldn't trust, with mismatcched equipment and worthless information. Why, it was just like Ganymede. None taken. If you're getting a lungful of sarin, forgive me for saying I'm not actually too worried about that needle. Sarin's odourless. You'd know when you'd suffocated.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

Her tone remained steady. Fightign beside people you couldn't trust, with mismatcched equipment and worthless information. Why, it was just like Ganymede. None taken. If you're getting a lungful of sarin, forgive me for saying I'm not actually too worried about that needle. Sarin's odourless. You'd know when you'd suffocated.

"Odorless, yeah. Doesn't mean my mech won't know if it's filling up. Just saying, be damned careful where you point that thing. First upgrade I'm getting if I'm gonna have to keep working with you folks is NBC."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2014, 10:26:38 am »

((Time skip to after landing?))
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

Turn 5: Planetfall

Re-entry. Despite the long voyages through the depth's of space, still considered the most dangerous part of space travel. Originally designed for Earth or Martian athmosphere, many re-entry vehicles operate outside design parameters even during standard operations, a situation not resolved by the fact that many early colonial spaceports are not equipped to maintain, let alone construct or design new vehicles for local needs.

This vessel, being part of the support fleet of the Argo, holds up nicely. Slowly coasting through the atmosphere at a shallow angle, the ride isn't much of a thrill. After a few boring hours of selfreflection, the ship finally arrives at the coordinates provided by the colonial government (due to the nature of your mission, they can't officially acknowledge your existence), though you have to make to make the final walk on foot.  This base, a former mining facility, is located inside the Drowned Lands. The Drowned lands are a man made phenomenon. Once covered by a shallow sea, a dike was constructed and the land was dried out to allow for the exploitation of several minerals found in the lake bed. The creation of a large and fertile area resulted in the creation of a thriving area.

However, new deposits were found in the South, and the mining companies relocated. With pumps no longer in operation, ground water levels slowly rose, and the old mines were flooded. The toxic water infiltrated the water supply, and year on year yields declined. Before the issue was acknowledged, the area was considered to expensive to safe. Slowly, the area was depopulated and flooded. Toxicity still exists, and though often diluted, is in most places strong enough to dissolve flesh upon touch. An unique meteorological situation created by the location of the swamp results in a near constant storm over the lands, lightning arcing through the sky and mist covering the ground. Going in on your own is considered suicide, and many treasure hunters have thus met an untimely demise.

This all means that it makes an excellent base, as long as it doesn't come under to significant scrutiny. The actual base itself is rather meager. There's only a  few buildings, internally restored, and a old Open pit mine , now covered, serving as a hangar for the mechs. A few turrets are located on the outside, and three Scarab mechs serve as power generators, but this base seems to rely on the terrain to do the majority of the work.

Spoiler: Base status (click to show/hide)

Nevertheless, the local engineers are willing to spend some time upgrading your mechs, or trying to find new ammunition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: Pilot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Torterror (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lucen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Strider (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mech Health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kiren Violik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Violet Night (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocket Raven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mech health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech Health (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:24:48 pm by 10ebbor10 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »

((Question about the drone: Does it get replaced if it is destroyed?))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:52 pm »

Engine Upgrade: Heavy-Duty Filter System

--

Alec yawns widely as he clambers out of Hurricane's cockpit, "See yas later, I'm off to inspect my bunk."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:30 pm »

Gauss Gun Ammo: Kinetic Impact Rounds

"Alright. I sleep with approximately a dozen knives within arm's reach. I thought you people should know that. Dun' go gettin' no funny ideas. Seriously, I'm liable to stab you before I realize who it is; don't wake me up."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:22 am »

Upgrade: Emergency Cooling
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:36:39 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:56 am »

Upgrade Recon Drone.

Kiren exits his cockpit and climbs down to ground level. I'm gonna go look for the mess hall, sorta hungry. Anybody wanna come with?

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »

G is at the base. It seems like he's magical sometimes, with his ability to get almost anywhere.
A message goes out over the PA system
Would the Mech Pilots who were on the raid please head to room 35E?
G waits in a corner of the room.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]