Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29383 times)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2014, 10:21:02 pm »

I wrote it plural >:( He was texting all of them. *Throws cat in a fit of rage*
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

Kiren doesn't own a phone, he is weird like that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2014, 10:44:05 pm »

I wrote it plural >:( He was texting all of them. *Throws cat in a fit of rage*

How does he know Lucen's eyeball-number?

Yeah, she probably saw it and just hasn't bothered to reply yet.

She can reply with no visual cues beyond her pupils contracting for a second. :D Cybernetic implants are awesome!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2014, 11:09:43 pm »

On the other hand, it also fits nicely into what we've been saying. I think it's logical to assume I have more than 25 pellets, or needles, or whatever, as my ammunition stores, particularly since a casette-chain autoloader is kinda useless if you don't actually have enough ammunition that it needs to be put into casettes and subsequently chained.
Indeed.
And while the example was tailor-made to that conclusion, really, the point applies more broadly. There really isn't anything you can honestly say is 100% better or worse than another.

And Kiren is quite unstavle, no design issues persay, not everything he says is the truth, just lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of psychological issues.
Let me put it this way.
My little brother plays team-hurting idiots. In one adventure, his first character shot the NPC healer--the only healer in the party--because he didn't attack the first monster they came across with his bare hands, which were his only weapons. After that character was (accidentally) fed to a hydra by the other characters--which lead to him insisting that said character's pet bird took his character's sword and attacked the hydra--his next character attacked the main boss of the dungeon after the other characters initiated diplomacy. Other characters of his routinely antagonize guards and other such NPCs, which often leads to him being captured, killed, or (once) self-entombed and hence kicked out of the adventure.
His characters still manage to be less annoying and idiotic than you character is, and still manage to be less disruptive than your will be. You know why? Firstly, for all of his flaws, my brother does not make Mary Sues. Secondly, my brother doesn't have a bomb that will cause a TPK should he be killed. Thirdly, my brother listens to criticism. Fourthly, he manages to make his inept characters at least amusingly inept, rather than annoying. Fifthly, he doesn't make freaking Mary Sues.

So, yet another way he's able to disrupt the game: Not receiving communications.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2014, 11:19:25 pm »

Aaand to distract everyone from the argument, I got my sheet done!

Link for those interested. Criticism and comments on it appreciated.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

On the other hand, it also fits nicely into what we've been saying. I think it's logical to assume I have more than 25 pellets, or needles, or whatever, as my ammunition stores, particularly since a casette-chain autoloader is kinda useless if you don't actually have enough ammunition that it needs to be put into casettes and subsequently chained.
Indeed.
And while the example was tailor-made to that conclusion, really, the point applies more broadly. There really isn't anything you can honestly say is 100% better or worse than another.

And Kiren is quite unstavle, no design issues persay, not everything he says is the truth, just lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of psychological issues.
Let me put it this way.
My little brother plays team-hurting idiots. In one adventure, his first character shot the NPC healer--the only healer in the party--because he didn't attack the first monster they came across with his bare hands, which were his only weapons. After that character was (accidentally) fed to a hydra by the other characters--which lead to him insisting that said character's pet bird took his character's sword and attacked the hydra--his next character attacked the main boss of the dungeon after the other characters initiated diplomacy. Other characters of his routinely antagonize guards and other such NPCs, which often leads to him being captured, killed, or (once) self-entombed and hence kicked out of the adventure.
His characters still manage to be less annoying and idiotic than you character is, and still manage to be less disruptive than your will be. You know why? Firstly, for all of his flaws, my brother does not make Mary Sues. Secondly, my brother doesn't have a bomb that will cause a TPK should he be killed. Thirdly, my brother listens to criticism. Fourthly, he manages to make his inept characters at least amusingly inept, rather than annoying. Fifthly, he doesn't make freaking Mary Sues.

So, yet another way he's able to disrupt the game: Not receiving communications.
☐ rekt
☐ not rekt
☑ Tyrannosaurus rekt.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:50 pm »

☐ rekt
☐ not rekt
☑ Tyrannosaurus rekt.

...?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2014, 11:23:18 pm »

What, you don't approve of crude humor?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:55 pm »

I was more confused about what you were trying to say there.
Sig

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »

Indeed.

Let me put it this way.

☐ rekt
☐ not rekt
☑ Tyrannosaurus rekt.

I'm confused AD.

And mechs are capable of comms I would assume.

And if you recall, in the other thread, I pointed out that the implant can be Turned off and on at will. No reason to turn it on in team combat. He activates it when he is being threatened in the flesh and points out that he has it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 09, 2014, 11:36:23 pm »

Don't worry guys; the MacGuffin only applies when it's not actively detrimental.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 09, 2014, 11:38:42 pm »

Basically so you don't kill him off in the rp sections (Cause you people would so do that.)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2014, 11:40:31 pm »

So we need to arrange an "accident" to occur during combat

*Laughs Manically*

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:13 pm »

Basically.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:23 pm »

I wouldn't, in all honesty.

My character might come close, and might come even closer to having a nervous breakdown, but Lucen doesn't kill people she's working with, regardless of psychopathic tendencies.

As soon as they void their contract and present a threat to her life, on the other hand...
But you wouldn't do that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34