Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29358 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2014, 09:11:21 pm »

Really? You think a round ball is better for being accurate and penetrating than a bullet-shape?
And would you rather have a 1/2 oz. piece of metal flying at your opponent at mach 7, or a 28 oz. sharpened piece of metal flying at your opponent at mach 7?
Better? No. Sufficient? Yes. Plausible? Probably.
Depends on the circumstances. Alone? Ate, the latter. But would you rather have an attack dog or an attack elephant?
I'd rather have an attack oliphaunt, or an attack t-rex. Would you rather have an attack weasel, or an attack dog?
Well, you're kinda missing the point. The attack weasel actually does have situations where it would be superior. For instance, you can fit a lot more of them in a standard pet carrier.

What.
What.
A lot of Kiren's backstory does that to me. I'm imagining that he has some brain disorder that makes him confuse movies/dreams with memories.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:31 pm »

Weasels are scary as shit when they're angry
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »

That is a very good point, actually, GWG. Something for me to keep in mind for when I'm-wait, you don't need to know about that.

On the other hand, it also fits nicely into what we've been saying. I think it's logical to assume I have more than 25 pellets, or needles, or whatever, as my ammunition stores, particularly since a casette-chain autoloader is kinda useless if you don't actually have enough ammunition that it needs to be put into casettes and subsequently chained.

On the same note, if it was pellets, I don't think it would need casettes, or be able to use them. They'd just kinda be really thin magazines at that point.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2014, 09:19:47 pm »

Remember, Kiren isn't stable. Your guess may or may not be correct, but it is close.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2014, 09:21:44 pm »

((If I was in their shoes, I'd restrain Kiren and tear open his mech to see what's in there. High powered weaponry at point blank will go through almost anything.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »

((Good luck doing that if it's stomping around the hanger and blowing shit up.))

But seriously, lets not kill everyone before we start?

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »

Kiren can't pilot a mech while restrained so...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2014, 09:28:30 pm »

If he's really so careless as to start blowing shit up when someone has a gun to his skull and his arms tied down, just to keep someone from disabling the device that will kill everyone else when it goes off, he's not an appropriate character to play as; noone will enjoy playing with him, and it's already difficult to find reasons why Lucen isn't just starting to cut him a little bit at a time until he disables it. Pain won't set off the deadman switch, after all.

You made a Psycho Sue and are trying to make her an acceptable character that even the GM can't off because it would kill the rest of the party. No offense Kevak, but that's not fun to play with.

Kiren can't pilot a mech while restrained so...
Apparently, Kiren can pilot his mech with his brain, because Kevak decided that's how his UGV trait works.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2014, 09:29:49 pm »

Generally when you have reasonable targets and then get a sudden shift to nonsense targets when working for a paramilitary organization, it's because of a "change" in management to someone not remotely sane in any way whatsoever.

Also Kiren normally doesn't talk about the deadman switch. He brought it up cause Lucan drew a knife on him.

People in the industry talk to each other. Once someone finds out - because that'd be pretty big information, actually. You won't want to deploy the potential team-killer if he gets taken out and all your forces go with him. You don't want the enemy to deploy him either, because of the aforementioned explosion - no one likes a pyrrhic victory. So the information would spread pretty quickly between the big players, and he'd only be hired by lower grades who couldn't afford to care, who apparently wouldn't be able to afford his rates.

So there's two solutions
- the explosion wouldn't be all that bad. Most likely this, as reactors are designed now not to explode, because no one wants that. So a small spread of radioactive material. Pretty bad for the ecology of the place, but military wise - not too bad. Certainly not destroy a super-ship either, which are presumably pretty tough (they got to be if we're going ot be fighting in one with aforementioned mechs).
- the's no deadman chip - no risk of explosion, life can continue on as normal.

----

but mainly....

If he's really so careless as to start blowing shit up when someone has a gun to his skull and his arms tied down, just to keep someone from disabling the device that will kill everyone else when it goes off, he's not an appropriate character to play as; noone will enjoy playing with him, and it's already difficult to find reasons why Lucen isn't just starting to cut him a little bit at a time until he disables it. Pain won't set off the deadman switch, after all.

You made a Psycho Sue and are trying to make her an acceptable character that even the GM can't off because it would kill the rest of the party. No offense Kevak, but that's not fun to play with.

This.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

It's UGV, remember? The chip does more then blow shit up. Also reference the most recent post.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2014, 09:35:37 pm »

No, I do not accept you can pilot your mech with your brain, unless explicitly stated by the GM himself, as that adds even more questions.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »

So... Torture it is then?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2014, 09:37:18 pm »

Kiren maaay enjoy that a little more then you would expect, probably wouldn't be the most effective way to get him to behave.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2014, 09:37:42 pm »

::)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2014, 09:39:15 pm »

Mine is Voice-Activated with Touchscreen controls.

I believe this means that if I shout loudly enough, I can control it from a distance.

Yes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34