Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29336 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 0/5 Players
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 05:40:16 pm »

hey guys, remember WMDs include chemical and bio agents, so if you don't want to have to explain to 10ebbor why you get to walk around with those, better reroll those ammo choices
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:41:47 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 05:41:38 pm »

I think they only count as WMDs if they're made in a WMD fashion...but mebbe not. Just don't think Mustard gas counts as a WMD anymore than a normal HE shell.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 05:42:25 pm »

Dammit RMG-3 I almost missed a neat RPG for you
Dammit TV Tropes I just wanted some anime tropes and somehow I ended up on Hitler Rants
Dammit RL why did you have to come at that time

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Do you want me to reroll the ech?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:19:12 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »

protip guys, just use mm for caliber measurements. It's actually acceptable according to wikipedia
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »

...Well, yeah, I just wasn't sure what system it was in. I figured mm, since it would make sense for approximate realistic sizes of weapons, but meh.

Also, BAD GWG! NO TROPE LINKS! STOP TRYING TO EAT OUR TIME!

....what did you use to roll? Those are definitely some at least mildly crazy rolls. That said, I had even more ridiculous ones, so it's not like I'm accusing you or anything.

EDIT: Also, did anyone invest in communications?
EDIT2: Also, what's the 'ech'?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:57:42 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 05:58:13 pm »

Do we really not have more than five people at this point?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2014, 05:58:44 pm »

He said it was not first come first serve. So whether we do or not doesn't matter. Yet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2014, 06:05:23 pm »

Well I just thought if we did he would have at least picked one by now.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »

He's not online right now, Jboy. >.> He hasn't been for at least 2 hours. Have some patience.

EDIT:

Flying Dice, look at your mech, then look at mine. Then look back at yours. WTF, RNG.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:11:49 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2014, 06:15:58 pm »

How do you know hes not on? Is there a way to see that?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2014, 06:19:09 pm »

If you click on his name, you'll go to his profile, and it says on there.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »

Welp, you learn something new everyday.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2014, 06:28:51 pm »

EDIT:Missed something

Name: G
Appearance: A thin lanky boy in his teens with pale skin, He has an attractive, but gloomy face with a curly dark brown mop of hair. He typically wears Military Surplus Gear in his Mech (Tinted Goggles, Fatigues, Combat Boots) for some extra protection
Biography: Not much is known about his past, but he just showed up at (insert HQ here) with a kinda working Mech. He's typically aloof and reservered, although sometimes he lets emotions slip through.

Skills:  (Divide 60 points amongst these)
    - Reflexes : 17
    - Piloting   : 17
    - Engineering : 5
    - Targeting : 16
    - Communications: 5

Traits:
   -Quick Learner

Name:Pest

Size: Small
Role: Harasser
Locomotion: Bipedal
Feet Type: Plantigrade
Posture: Erect
Engine: Diesel
Armor: Rolled Aluminium, Steep Sloped
Additional Defenses: Slat Plates
Optics: Computer-assisted Digital

Weapons: Main(TorsoMounted) -Medium Mortar 83 Calibre, Gun Shield, Emp Ammo
              Secondary(ArmMounted)- Recoil-less Rifle, 21 Calibre, Chain Autoloader, Multitype Ammo (Beehive Fechette / Incendiary)
              Melee - Claws, Retractable

Extras: Jump Jets
Traits: Improvised Design
          Souped-Up Engine

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:09:18 pm by Again_Dejavu »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 06:51:53 pm »

Anyway, hopefully this isn't a double post by the time I finish. I'm gonna compile everyone's sheets for him and such.

Calzak Griones(tryar)
Spoiler: Calzak Griones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Excalibur (click to show/hide)
Analysis: Heavy artillery mech and support mech, designed to deal heavy damage from a safe distance by bombarding targets into oblivion; howitzer allows for rapid, accurate fire on hard targets, while mortar can be used for general destruction and to clear fields of enemy combatants. Vulcan Cannon seems purpose-built to deal with light targets, and for clearing fortified positions quickly. Grenade Launcher works as crowd control. Souped-up engine and jump jets allow it to get to support positions quickly and escape oncoming enemies, but mediocre defenses against kinetic energy weapons, and limited close range weapon ability against fast targets means it's vulnerable to light vehicles, as most artillery is. Anything that stays still in it's admittedly wide range without some serious defensive capability is going to find itself dying shortly thereafter, though.

Alice Konicek(GiglameshDespair)
Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)
FIRST: You need to roll where those weapons are mounted, Giglamesh! - They aren't all on head; in fact, only the secondary weapon can be, and you roll separately for each weapon!
Analysis: Bombardment extraordinaire; Uses jump jets and amphibious quality to get into a position to unleash it's volley of missiles, which can deal with just about any target with equal destructive power. Laser allows for combat ability when it would be impractical to MACROSS MASSACRE the target, and the gatling gun makes for a nice secondary weapon to deal with soft targets. Problems lie in vulnerability between shots; that's going to take some time to reload, and besides that, a laser has difficulties working in many conditions. Comparatively poor defenses mean mobility is a must, as well.

Lucen Katawai(Rolepgeek)
Spoiler: Lucen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shadow Strider (click to show/hide)
I'd ask someone else to review/analyse my mech/character, as I doubt I could be truly unbiased. Anyone who wants, please do.

Alec Carrick(Flying Dice)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mech (click to show/hide)
Analysis:"BRRRRROTHER!" :p High speed scout and targeting assistance; ability to turn into a jet means it's our main air support, taking to the skies, highlighting targets for the heavy hitters, and generally giving a bird's eye view of the battlefield. Can go fairly undetected thanks to Radar Stealth Plating, and it's weaponry allows for shredding of enemy aircraft. The engine is kinda ridiculous, in all honesty, but that's the point of this game. A support/scout, through and through. Difficulties include enemy macross platforms(CIWS can't be everywhere), danger of engine system going very, very critical, and the typical weaknesses for light vehicles; if you actually get hit, you're screwed.

USEC_OFFICER
Spoiler: The Mech (click to show/hide)
Analysis: Support. Yup. Keeps us alive, gives early warning for incoming enemies/missiles/etc. Grenade launcher gives minor combat capability. Paints targets so we can blow them up. Not much else to say.

Felica Castro(Funk)
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mech sheet (click to show/hide)
Analysis: Slaughters soft targets, and fortifications or buildings with people inside; Rotary Cannon opens up large non-vehicle targets, blasts apart medium and small vehicle targets; superposed load gun deals with small hard targets; Smoothbore Cannon is a follow-up weapon to fire into breaches in large enemy fortifications, shredding stragglers and equipment alike. Secondary weapons best used for self-defense and light targets. Surprisingly stealthy, thanks to Smoothbore cannon's barrel shroud and active camouflage. Problems include possibility of Hive being overwhelmed, and erect posture presenting a juicy target for fire-and-forget systems.

Angel Carlon(GreatWyrmGold
Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Analysis: Death, in the form of a really big stick. If it can catch up to you, at least. Double Howitzers give good bombardment ability(mostly the heavy howitzer being super-artillery right there), Smoothbore cannon gives close range firepower, and light gauss gun means even the hardest of targets needs to be careful. Microwave emitter fries bunkers and electronics, and seismic missile gives a one-shot(presumably) way to deal with enemies otherwise out of targeting capability. Grenade projectors allow for short range defense. Only issue, in all honesty, is the massive target it presents, and it's almost certain lack of speed; additionally, almost all of it's weapons are torso mounted, meaning it likely has poor traverse capability to deal with enemies to the side.

G(Again_Dejavu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pest (click to show/hide)
Well. It's a harasser, that's for sure. Jump Jets(Jeezus christ even the behemoth was rolling them; wtf!?) with a souped-up engine allow it to follow targets wherever they go, disabling them with it's mortar, before moving on to new targets. As it's primary armament would have difficulty dealing with soft targets(beyond the whole hitting them directly and smashing to paste thing), the recoilless rifle makes up for it, to a point; incendiary flechette rounds ought to do a lot of damage to flesh, and fires rapidly to boot. Biggest problem is lack of a good direct damage weapon(21mm simply isn't enough to do much, especially since it's not HEAT), and crappy armor. Luckily, with the speeds it can achieve, and an EMP weapon, it should be able to avoid being shot at at all, most of the time, and avoid staying in one place long enough to get killed, the rest of the time. Missiles, on the other hand, will put a chink in it's day pretty damn fast.

To everyone; make sure you know where everything(meaning weapons, not extras/traits >.>) is mounted; make sure you know how many legs it as and what the foot type is; make sure you can come up with a name; so and and so forth.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:46:31 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »

Really? Oh.
Then....
Laser is arm-mounted.
MLRS is in the torso.
So i'm imagining an arm with a laser on one side, and nothing on the other. The gatling's in the head, and the MLRS are in the body for smaller silhouette and reloading ability.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:04:50 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34