Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29310 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 0/5 Players
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2014, 12:53:01 am »

In all honesty, I kinda want to rewrite the tables to make more sense. Artillery might not necessarily be more accurate, but it should be bigger; Sniper(or something like that) might have more accuracy. Needs to be an infiltration one, too, etc.

And then the extras table to be made less weird, the weapons table to be made less ridiculous, etc.

Smoothbore cannon should not have same possibility as Electrolaser.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2014, 12:56:51 am »

I think everything should be defined better and descriptions added. Maybe put actual stats in. I might do a few of those when I'm not busy writing up a game system for Prophet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2014, 02:28:43 am »

As I said, I'm going to convert these sheets to my system, which will include some balancing.

Some traits will be boosted (ergonomic seats will see that you're always comfortable, even at high G) and stuff.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 02:33:44 am by 10ebbor10 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2014, 03:12:10 am »

Ergonomic Seats would probably would be useful for scouts then.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2014, 03:44:28 am »

Yeah, but I'm starting the game soon, but don't worry, you get to modify mechs on the run.

Anyway, it would be interesting to rework this list to something more sane and less unbalanced.

Edit: Note to self. I'm not going to run a game with 9 mechs. Nope, not doing that. I could do it as a way of eliminating excess candidates, but that'd be unfair to the support mech.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:50:33 am by 10ebbor10 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2014, 03:52:06 am »

Could always waitlist peoples.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2014, 03:55:22 am »

Yes, but who, that is the question.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2014, 03:56:18 am »

Choose the applicants who's characters you like the most?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2014, 04:02:44 am »

Roll a 20d fore every one and pick the highest?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2014, 04:12:07 am »

I'm using an RNG now, yes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2014, 04:25:16 am »

First, a general note. WMD's can be justified, especially the non-nuclear ones. Caliber as rolled for is expressed in mm (rolling in cal is quite silly).

In addition to that, I'm afraid I might indeed have to rebalance the tables. At the chance of running into power creep, I'm allowing the Main battle tanks to keep their additional Main mount, and am just going to boost the others.

Spoiler: List of changes (click to show/hide)

Please modify your sheets to represent this.

On a side note, final player selection is.

Alice Konicek(GiglameshDespair)
Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)
FIRST: You need to roll where those weapons are mounted, Giglamesh! - They aren't all on head; in fact, only the secondary weapon can be, and you roll separately for each weapon!
Analysis: Bombardment extraordinaire; Uses jump jets and amphibious quality to get into a position to unleash it's volley of missiles, which can deal with just about any target with equal destructive power. Laser allows for combat ability when it would be impractical to MACROSS MASSACRE the target, and the gatling gun makes for a nice secondary weapon to deal with soft targets. Problems lie in vulnerability between shots; that's going to take some time to reload, and besides that, a laser has difficulties working in many conditions. Comparatively poor defenses mean mobility is a must, as well.

Lucen Katawai(Rolepgeek)
Spoiler: Lucen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shadow Strider (click to show/hide)
I'd ask someone else to review/analyse my mech/character, as I doubt I could be truly unbiased. Anyone who wants, please do.

Alec Carrick(Flying Dice)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mech (click to show/hide)
Analysis:"BRRRRROTHER!" :p High speed scout and targeting assistance; ability to turn into a jet means it's our main air support, taking to the skies, highlighting targets for the heavy hitters, and generally giving a bird's eye view of the battlefield. Can go fairly undetected thanks to Radar Stealth Plating, and it's weaponry allows for shredding of enemy aircraft. The engine is kinda ridiculous, in all honesty, but that's the point of this game. A support/scout, through and through. Difficulties include enemy macross platforms(CIWS can't be everywhere), danger of engine system going very, very critical, and the typical weaknesses for light vehicles; if you actually get hit, you're screwed.

USEC_OFFICER

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mech (click to show/hide)
Analysis: Support. Yup. Keeps us alive, gives early warning for incoming enemies/missiles/etc. Grenade launcher gives minor combat capability. Paints targets so we can blow them up. Not much else to say.

Angel Carlon(GreatWyrmGold
Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Analysis: Death, in the form of a really big stick. If it can catch up to you, at least. Double Howitzers give good bombardment ability(mostly the heavy howitzer being super-artillery right there), Smoothbore cannon gives close range firepower, and light gauss gun means even the hardest of targets needs to be careful. Microwave emitter fries bunkers and electronics, and seismic missile gives a one-shot(presumably) way to deal with enemies otherwise out of targeting capability. Grenade projectors allow for short range defense. Only issue, in all honesty, is the massive target it presents, and it's almost certain lack of speed; additionally, almost all of it's weapons are torso mounted, meaning it likely has poor traverse capability to deal with enemies to the side.

Spoiler: Kiren Violik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Violet Night (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2014, 04:25:43 am »

And yes, that are 6 players. It's intentional.

All others are on the waitlist.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2014, 04:27:35 am »

Yay! I'm in! *goes and edits sheet with the modifications* I'll just go reroll caliber in the first place, cause I had to reroll it like three times the first time.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2014, 04:56:39 am »

Edited. Wasn't sure if I should roll megawatts or not for the microwave emitter, so I went and did it anyways, using the laser rules.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2014, 04:59:42 am »

That mech, is, indeed, going to ruin someone's day.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34