Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29304 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 0/5 Players
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »

You can tweak the results. That means rerolling things non allowed, and things you find to be too silly.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 03:58:21 pm »

Hey Flying dice, did you just roll a Viking?!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:00:28 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 04:00:51 pm »

With the number of Field-Improved and Esoteric Results I've been getting, can I just choose my extra and/or say the bloody thing has all the Cannon traits? (Don't actually care about the second part, though)

And does Enlarged Ammo Storage apply to Heavy Gauss Cannons?

Also, what CIWS isn't Computer Controlled? >.>

How does one roll Calibre?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:03:26 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »

Well, at this point I'd just go for one field improved and combine your favorite traits and then call it a day. otherwise 10ebbor might hit you with some negative traits to balance :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »

Makes it interesting; paraplegic schizophrenic in a tiny mech with the Ultima Cannon. Who wouldn't want to play that?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 04:05:34 pm »

Hey Flying dice, did you just roll a Viking?!
It looks pretty damned close to a 2G variant stripped of the lasers, doesn't it?

On the other hand, between the variable-form, the super-CIWS, and the radar, it looks like it might turn into the squad's AA machine. Secretly resisting the temptation to sing MAH-KUH-ROS right now, but it's too much.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 04:08:56 pm »

Hmm. Might alter my trait then. A spacious cockpit is both useless and is rather odd on what is a walking batch of missiles.

Question: I had to roll two traits for my missiles. Is that mean my rockets are both HEAT and incendiary, or i have a mix of both?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 04:10:34 pm »

I'm guessing both, Giglamesh. Or at least it would make no difference in game terms, if you're truly Macross Missile Massacre.

So whatever you want, probably.

EDIT: So, I'm just gonna go with Active Camouflage for my Extra, I think, and Enlarged Ammo Storage(second rerolled result for Computer Controlled; the first was Limited Traverse, which is no fun(especially for a CIWS), but I can go with it if you want, ebbor) for the CIWS, since CIWSs are basically computer-controlled by definition anyway.
EDIT2: Figured out Caliber, just glad my Heavy Gauss Cannon wasn't lower caliber than my CIWS.
EDIT3: I have a feeling I'll only get 1 trait.
EDIT4: The only results I didn't roll at some point or another for my HGC was Muzzle Brake(probably useless anyway) and Computer Controlled(I doubt it can be Controlled and Assisted at the same time).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:25:19 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

Oho, I see, tryrar. My assumptions went Battletech when you meant Starcraft.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 04:23:46 pm »

yeah :P. Your mech looks pretty scarily close to a Sarcraft Viking(minus the missiles, of course)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 04:32:18 pm »

I just realized Giglamesh got a nat 100 on his caliber roll for that mount. Jeezus. I believe him, but also...

I think you could round up for number of tubes, if you wanted...

EDIT: Also, I think you have Standard and Bombardment Ammo separate, so HEAT and Incendiary are probably separate if that's the case, but I could be completely wrong.

EDIT2: If you got Chemical ammo, you have to roll on the table for chemical ammunition to see which chemical.

EDIT3: just realized IR Thermal might be contained in Hyperspectral imaging, but I barely understand hyperspectral imaging, so dunno.

EDIT4: Also just realized Barrel Evacuator is useless for a Gauss Cannon. Switched it so(petitioning GM for this, basically) it's a hybrid Chain-Casette Autoloader. Other than Computer Controlled(oh goody I don't get to shoot anything. >.>), it's the only cannon trait left open to me.

EDIT5: Yes, I know this is a lot of edits and a lot of tweaking, but it's not my fault. I rolled what I rolled. Pretty sure IR Thermal is redundant with Hyperspectral, as are most of the others, and I rolled High-Power Adjustable for my reroll. No idea what that means(telescoping?), but it probably doesn't overlap, at least.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:50:02 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »

Right, my character sheet is done. I've included a description of my personal mech in it, as well.
----

Yeah, I could have, but i feel 32 missiles is a nicer number. It's not like I'm low on them, right?

Oh, yeah, I'd missed that I had to roll incendiary and chemical.
Apparently High explosive incendiary is a thing though, so my missiles can be both.

So I shoot rounds filled with sarin gas.
And my explosive incendiaries are Chlorine Triflouride.

Nice. I'm a walking war crime.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 04:54:36 pm »

Mechs you say?
Heres my sheets.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Edited out the WMDs
Spoiler:  Mech sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:29:25 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 05:00:31 pm »

High-Power Adjustable for my reroll. No idea what that means(telescoping?), but it probably doesn't overlap, at least.
My assumption is that it's human-spectrum visuals with variable-zoom up to a very high level of magnification.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 05:39:36 pm »

Giglamesh, they're probably something like this.

Funk, you might be able to reroll some of those extras(mainly the chemical toilet; water recycler's useful enough to not warrant rerolling) if you wanted to. A bunch of them seem custom-designed to be ridiculous, and a tax of one weird/silly extra should be enough(mine is the voice-activated computer system, at least in my opinion).

High-Power Adjustable for my reroll. No idea what that means(telescoping?), but it probably doesn't overlap, at least.
My assumption is that it's human-spectrum visuals with variable-zoom up to a very high level of magnification.
Which means that total, I have hyper-spectrum visuals with variable-zoom up to a very high level of magnification. Sounds about right for a Scout mech.

Also, I'm anti-grav capable, which I think, combined with jump jets, basically means I can hover/fly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34