Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517422 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Holy crapmuffins, an actual rulechange
« Reply #9120 on: February 12, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »

Guess who's supposed to approve all this shit?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: February 12, 2015, 11:42:04 pm »

Guess who's supposed to approve all this shit?

Guess who isn't told every fiddly detail and can't be sure how things will turn out because it's run by human beings and likely doesnt have the time or ability to figure out every way statistically in which balance could be fucked hard enough to make even I go 'HRNNNNNNNNNNGNGHHHHHGHGHHGHRHHHRHHRHRHR'?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: February 13, 2015, 12:48:45 am »

only one hero per plot?

well I am okay with it, I kinda lost interest in Walpurga anyway.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:46 am »

Yes, but you aren't the one with 4 characters v.v
Which, is good for you.
Slightly overwhelming for me.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: February 13, 2015, 12:52:03 am »

You could probably just turn some of them into NPCs that appear in your plots or other people's and have them autolevel.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: February 13, 2015, 12:54:18 am »

well, more than any OP abilities and equipment, biggest part of the power creep has always been the huge numbers of PCs in a fight.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: February 13, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

True, Emp. That's what I kind of did with Tobias whenever I brought him back in.

This is what I get for liking all of my characters ;-;
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: February 13, 2015, 01:01:07 am »

Guess who isn't told every fiddly detail and can't be sure how things will turn out because it's run by human beings and likely doesnt have the time or ability to figure out every way statistically in which balance could be fucked hard enough to make even I go 'HRNNNNNNNNNNGNGHHHHHGHGHHGHRHHHRHHRHRHR'?

sig'd

well, more than any OP abilities and equipment, biggest part of the power creep has always been the huge numbers of PCs in a fight.

That was the main thing. Obviously, there'd be exceptions, ie. the plots that need certain people to work. It would also make running more than one plot more feasible, since we don't split up from the big old gankball very often.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:10:11 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: February 13, 2015, 01:01:54 am »

Well, don't bother liking your characters then, just think of them as tools and plot elements. Anyway, depending on how many plots Smurf approves to run at the same time, you might only have to NPCify one of them.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: February 13, 2015, 01:56:41 am »

Yeah, no, I'm against the one hero per plot thing as well. In theory, yeah it would work. In use? It's possible but most times it fucks up other characters.

@Rolep, This is probably the closest thing to a text based MMO you will probably get. Most of the bosses we have faced have all been overly leveled due to number of characters involved. hell, even the ones where it was like three people against one boss was still difficult. you are right though, this isn't an MMO. An MMO would be a lot easier than this.

Also, in regards to this:

This is why we have Co-GMs. When I sent smurf my improvments for Sen's abilites, He said to send them to Project and PN cause he was busy. Smurf didn't use to do that and approved pretty much everything he was sent. And as for not being sent all the details? It's his job to ask for all the details, lore, uses, etc. Now, I'm not saying he's not doing his job now, but at the start of V3 he was sloppy. He's got better and is actually using his Co-Gm's now.

@smurf, non of the above is directed towards you, since you are actually being active and doing your job :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: February 13, 2015, 02:08:06 am »

Yeah, no, I'm against the one hero per plot thing as well. In theory, yeah it would work. In use? It's possible but most times it fucks up other characters.

How? Not being offensive here, I just want to understand why it does.

And oh god of course I was sloppy. My only experience was a minimalist minimalist RTD, no wonder I was terrible :-[
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: February 13, 2015, 02:22:53 am »

How about this? Prior to a plot commencing, everyone must register the characters they will use. Then, for the entire duration of the plot ONLY those characters may be used, thus preventing everyone else form suddenly jumping in and ganking everything like a swarm of literally omnivorous locusts?

I mean sure, it doesn't make any logical sense from a narrative perspective when examined closely. But considering that the void plots apparently hinge on the PCs being the only real hope and every single more powerful entity in the entire universe not ganging up on the antagonists, I don't think that issue matters much.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:38:41 am by Empiricist »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: February 13, 2015, 08:57:05 am »

My beef with this is mostly Alucard and Bartimaeus, who are completely designed for synergy. I don't care about any lesser changes, like Emp's. Although nothing prevents somebody from just putting all their characters in a plot.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: February 13, 2015, 08:57:26 am »

How about this? Prior to a plot commencing, everyone must register the characters they will use. Then, for the entire duration of the plot ONLY those characters may be used, thus preventing everyone else form suddenly jumping in and ganking everything like a swarm of literally omnivorous locusts?

I mean sure, it doesn't make any logical sense from a narrative perspective when examined closely. But considering that the void plots apparently hinge on the PCs being the only real hope and every single more powerful entity in the entire universe not ganging up on the antagonists, I don't think that issue matters much.

I more prefer the giving everyone an assignment and thus splitting the cast.

@Smurf, So let's say that we only allow one character per person into a plot. The plot is generally geared to stay levels ahead of a group of characters so that the combat doesn't feel like oh nothing special. Well, when you begin to have the, say three, strongest characters always in combat, for example Icarus, Kyle, and Ashley, then the combat will always revolve around them. The Gm of the plot will have to plan around them to either null them, seperate them, or out right cater to their play styles. This leaves any other character, examples being Dalia, Alice, or any other mook character, at the mercy of the boss or combat of that plot. see what I'm getting at? It's because of this that we get the overpowered cahracters that we had in V2, it's why the combat system and stats that we currently have are broken. We will always have those few characters that will always be in combat and always be a higher level than everyone else.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: February 13, 2015, 09:00:42 am »

Well, those high-leveled characters can't do shit unless someone is supporting them.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 685