Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517421 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Holy crapmuffins, an actual rulechange
« Reply #9090 on: February 11, 2015, 09:30:25 am »

but tobias is a pussy, and obviously this escape will have to backfire somehow.
So, discourage players from anything but the standard "kill everything to win" attitude? I don't approve. There's nothing wrong with taking the safe way out, and getting the hell out of dodge once you have what you came for.
Yeah, I think you have the moral high ground here. I mean, unless PN enfouces that with every single enemy of his forever then he's a hypocrite.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: February 11, 2015, 09:59:41 am »

there is no need for additional downsides. Tobias only had a limited number of these teleport orbs, and if you really think about it, whenever ashley and alucard are not around (and more importantly, if we keep track of mana for them), an emergency teleport to the shadow realm is a very valueable thing to have. Using it to escape a weak guardian is a big expense.

also, regarding the very *nature* of this spear, the way it was aquired already is a downside. Now I could explain that in ooc if demanded, but it works IC as well..
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: February 11, 2015, 10:05:22 am »

Yeah, the next time he'll even be able to get one is the next Shadowlands plot, which will be awhile away.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: February 11, 2015, 05:38:11 pm »

I suppose the usage of the orb is sufficient. But yeah, it was a weak-ass guardian that accumulated power as the fight went on.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: February 11, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »

I beat Osmodius (bar his cheating) and I get a +7 weapon.

Tobias runs away from a slime and gets a +10 weapon.

wat
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: February 11, 2015, 06:17:13 pm »

He also lost something rather useful in the process which may balance it out. I have a feeling that items like that orb are arguably more useful for mages who have hail-mary attacks that they can dump all their MP into seeing as it just lets them GTFO the following turn.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: February 11, 2015, 07:08:12 pm »

Also

Stop being so goddamned obsessed with loot people

That's like half of what's driving this goddamned power creep

Jeezus

It's the story, not the PHAT LEWTZ, that we play for. This ain't about being murderhobos.

And yes, plot will be incoming.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: February 11, 2015, 07:16:49 pm »

It's just a joke, but considering that's a fucking +10 spear. Holy sheet.

I would like to play Murderhobos :P
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: February 11, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »

Oh, don't get me wrong

The fact that I was basically explicitly told we can't have weapons above +9 and then this pisses me off

Anyone having a better weapon than Spensir, for whom it is the only thing making him viable offensively, as well as it being a god, rather upsets me.

I'm sure, however, that if I played more(and I plan to when I have the time/patience), that as Spensir leveled up, and Mabarius's divine power is slowly, oh so slowly, unlocked, that would be fixed, however.

Plenty of other murderhobo games out there, Smurf.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: February 11, 2015, 11:32:00 pm »

I'f I'm right, and I dont know that I am, but When you were told explicitly that you couldn't have a weapon above +9, it was probably meant at the start. Nothing says that your sword couldn't get upgraded via plot. Hell, that would probably be encouraged.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: February 12, 2015, 12:38:08 am »

note that the indigo july was actually intended for Osmodeus, as end-game loot.

It also pisses me off that people actually want to use gods from the start of the game, demand the highest possible weapon stats, and then get pissed off if there are better weapons than their starting gear.

Also, don't forget that Maberius comes with tons of extra features, mostly abilities that buff him or his allies.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: February 12, 2015, 12:45:00 am »

...He's basically part of Spensir, in that respect, Akroma, functioning mostly to allow Spensir to actually be complete as a character. So bad analogy.

His whole character concept is based around being the chosen one of a god. I remember being told that weapons higher than +9 basically didn't exist, is why I was annoyed.

Considering he typically has to spend mana and turns just to get his armor on, while ICARUS can continually hyper-buff herself without needing to spend a turn on it...and I've found that Spensir's mana drains very quickly, the few times I've been able to play him.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: February 12, 2015, 12:52:11 am »

Do you guys know how to get games to stop showing up in the unread replies section?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: February 12, 2015, 12:55:28 am »

sigh, moments ago you were like "it's not about the loot guys", and here you are, so sad that there is a weapon that deals 1 point more damage than your starting gear.

Also I dare say that Spensir having to spend Mana to get his armor is a choice you made yourself. There is literaly nothing that keeps him from just buying armor, or asking someone to make him some armor, or even nicely asking a GM to include some sweet armor for him in some loot.

Or do it as I did with the HYDRA body, Icarus current equipment. Boy does it have nice stats. How come? Well, it's a body that has been under construction since the v2 thread, and has been in the making for almost an entire IRL year. And eventhough Kyle and Winry continously suggested they could just build it for Icarus, instead of waiting ages and ages for it to be completed, I insisted it had to be gotten legitmately.

So yeah, do as I do and play the game for a long time, then it is very likely that what you already said would happen will happen, and Maberius gets stronger, alongside Spensir who gets exp and also gets stronger. At this point, that Icarus is stronger and better equipped than Spensir is simply to be expected. Heck, at this point even Alice should be stronger and better equipped than Spensir.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: February 12, 2015, 01:05:29 am »

My next plot is almost entirely about upgrading equipment, or getting new stuffs. Mainly its purpose is to mark a turning point in the Araceli vs Ashley overarching plot... I'd be willing to help you out a little during that, Rolep. Maybe unlock a few new things for Maberius
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:07:05 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 685