Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517461 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Holy crapmuffins, an actual rulechange
« Reply #9105 on: February 12, 2015, 01:05:43 am »

It's for the goddamned flavor, Akroma. Because I like lore. Things that give a character their own sense of, well, character. Which is the primary reason it gets annoying when the spell goes from small to medium and costs even more mana and time. It's a choice I should be able to male without the fluff killing the crunch(there's a reason I dislike crunch for things like this!).

My point is not 'it's not about loot, so go bat-shit crazy' my point was 'the fuck is this shit goin' on'. Don't get all condescending on me.

And I'm sorry I haven't been playing since forever like you.

I expect people to be stronger than Spensir. I even expect them to be better equipped in an overall sense. And now that I know +9 isn't the pinnacle of weapons and there is in fact room for Mab to improve, and my knee-jerk protest reaction is over(sorry
bout that, that was stupid of me) it actually makes me more excited than anything, since it makes me think of how I can apply my level-ups to Mabarius.

First thing will probably be making that Temple Armor better for it's cost to justify the price, or let it work on top of normal armor, so that Spensir can become truly the Tankiest of Tanks.

Second thing will probably be playing the damned game which I always seem to be trying to do but never quite managing satisfactorily. Which is for a plethora of reasons, from no one knowing him or having a reason to care(perfectly legitimate reasons), to me not being able to keep up with the game as much as everyone else.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: February 12, 2015, 05:04:44 am »

You know this is one of those things that I keep coming back to and feel like I SHOULD join simply because in theory it's fun...

and then I realize that you jerks would probably do entire plots while I was at work that would have been REALLY NICE to be in on.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: February 12, 2015, 05:07:55 am »

You could always have one of the people you trust puppet the character? Or secretly get on here during some free time at work? :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: February 12, 2015, 05:16:48 am »

You could always have one of the people you trust puppet the character? Or secretly get on here during some free time at work? :3

I don't trust a single one of you crazy bastards, and secure room, no interwebz. Break though, yes.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: February 12, 2015, 05:21:19 am »

One of the issues with the current state of affairs which Akroma touched on earlier, is that it tends to favor people who are more active which judging by your level of activity may be an issue.

Secure room? Do I want to know where you work? :P Or should I just assume it involves hazardous materials/apparatus?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: February 12, 2015, 05:25:04 am »

Best kind of Work area. Also, I'm redoing my boss amount from like 16-17 level 15 bosses to about 7 level 20 bosses. this way I can do less turns, and have more varied bosses. I'm still keeping my opposing chart, as each boss will oppose around 3 people each. Work should be done by the time Kansa's plot fully starts and then wraps up. :3
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:20 am »

RoleP, what happened to Leth?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: February 12, 2015, 08:17:49 am »

I'm going to assume that Sen can't read Zhayad?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: February 12, 2015, 09:35:53 am »

RoleP, what happened to Leth?
I unno. Kyle ended up abandoning him, so he kinda just got left behind somewhere in Australia to dick around for a while.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: February 12, 2015, 10:01:26 am »

Play speed has slowed down to a point where you are not going to miss massive amounts of you are at work. I am more concerned that if you rejoin, you will probably try to "correct" the lore at least twice in every plot I run, and if you look at the plot cue..

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:51 pm »

Sen can read Zhayad. She just want's to know what the book is capable of before she fully deciphers it.

Rag did create the lore behind void >.> Though I believe smurf ruled that Project is now the Void lore keeper so.... Meh, Not sure.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: February 12, 2015, 05:36:24 pm »

I just had an idea that would put fear into the hearts of all the munchkins, which instantly makes it a good idea:

Only 1 character per person can enter a plot.

Thoughts?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: February 12, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »

I honestly don't see how that'd put fear into the hearts of all the munchkins. All it'll do is slow down XP gain for characters, since most/all characters aren't reliant on other characters to unlock their munchkin potential.

Though with that being said, I don't see any problems with that rule. Except for the fact that a majority of the party is DPS, and we lack the tanks, healers, buffers and debuffers to spread around on multiple plots. That's a fault with the character composition though, not the rule in particular. So I'm still all for it.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: February 12, 2015, 06:15:32 pm »

I just had an idea that would put fear into the hearts of all the munchkins, which instantly makes it a good idea:

Only 1 character per person can enter a plot.

Thoughts?
Lol no

It limits interaction, underlevels everyone, and fucks up scenarios where we need multiple characters for a plot, like me and certainly Projeck. Also, it makes absolutely no sense IC.
And how the fuck would it stop munchkins? There are munchkins because you let there be munchkins. They can just put their munchkins in a plot, and bam, no solution.
I am certainly against this thought.

Also, yes Rag, you should rejoin.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:19:04 pm by PrivateNomad »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: February 12, 2015, 11:34:54 pm »

If there's more than one plot going on at once, it's fine.

Also, what the hell do you mean by 'underlevels everyone'? This isn't an MMO. Bosses aren't going to magically be more powerful that we can handle if we keep XP from being spread around everyone's faces like blood in a Zombie Apocalypse game.

Also, blaming the GM for munchkins being munchkins - smooth, PN, real smooth.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 685