Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520207 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5205 on: August 15, 2014, 06:10:47 am »

Let's see... Kasumi needs testing, Lohengrin and Null need more testing and the new version of paper-dragon could use testing...

Ah fuck it, why mess with the formula. More Cold War weaponry it is!

Smurf, am I allowed to run this combat scenario once Paper Dragon is re-statted and I have enough free time?:

Spoiler: Project Lucifera (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sirius Battleship (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sen-in-a-Can (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alice-in-a-Can (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medkit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Scenario (click to show/hide)

Feel free.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: August 15, 2014, 06:13:55 am »

What are fair statbases for the combat drones and crew members? Also, what should the damage and accuracy of the Sirius' weapons be?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: August 15, 2014, 06:18:41 am »

Drones, your leisure; Crew, average humans with maybe a few more points in skill, and the Sirus should have some lighter weapons with a larger main cannon.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: August 15, 2014, 06:21:56 am »

It has no main cannon, since it's based off of an Orion Battleship with no main cannon. It uses high velocity, high mass metal bullets and lances of nuclear hellfire, both of which would be basically the same thing mechanically with different damage type. It doesn't have to be too inaccurate seeing as it would have massive penalties to accuracy trying to accurately hit a small, fast target.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: August 15, 2014, 06:34:46 am »

A siege ship. Ugh.

eto...I'll let you decide.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 15, 2014, 06:40:51 am »

Wait a minute... Lohengrin doesn't have a perk. He needs to get one for SKL or REV, this ought to be amusing... Presumably, it will involve using other people's equipment to do things they shouldn't be able to do.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:03:56 am by Empiricist »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 15, 2014, 08:15:12 am »

havent entirely caught up with the reading yet, but I will note *the attack is dodgeable* is NOT an arguement. ALL attacks are dodgeable.

*it costs paper* is not an arguement either, at least not if Sen just grabs another suitcase full of paper in the same turn to replenish it, and previously demonstrated that used paper can indeed be reclaimed.

but what bugs me the most, is that the damage scales entirely outside any of the existing rules. I think I made my point clear on how I stand on characters getting their own specific rule exceptions, argueing that they are all balanced and shit when clearly they are not. It's 10-20 times the damage we usualy do on our big attacks, and I find it infuriating that anybody would still argue that is okay even after the GM said no to it. No, you may not be as strong as 10-20 characters at once. I mean, seriously, does that even need to be pointed out?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:26:22 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: August 15, 2014, 08:50:14 am »

As I am refraining from even acknowledging the fact that argument happened until I've cooled down, I see nothing.

Dang, Dalia devastates the big bosses with her debuffs, she and a tank could pretty much dominate any boss.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:15 am »

unless the boss is intelligent and perceptive enough to notice what is happening. Then you will find that Dalia is frail as fuck and one-shotted by many bosses. As for the tank tanking? how nice. If you step in the way to shield someone, which is not guaranteed to work, you are auto-hit. that tank aint gonna tank for long
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: August 15, 2014, 09:17:53 am »

Happy Birthday Smurf :)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: August 15, 2014, 09:19:57 am »

As I stated Akroma, The paper used in Paper Dragon is Non-reclaimable until end of combat. And Yes, The attack is dodgable is a valid argument because if the attack was not dodgeable then I would have an instakill all fuck the plot attack, which I don't like. Hell, I've only ever used the damn move never. The one time I did attempt to use it, Sen got defeated before she used it.

So Bugger off. Smurf is the GM and Me and him will Nerf the damn attack when both me and him have cooled off, or did you not read that:

Your not the only one. I also had a death in my family. Honestly, I think we should just table the matter for now and pick it up at a later date when we both have cooled off. I'm going to take a break for the next few days. I'm going to retcon Sen's attack to something more non-instakill. Probably something along the lines of an attack damage debuff. I dunno...

I went ahead and removed all of the useless argument's that I posted. After I've had a bit to cool off, we can actually begin to nerf the attack in a way that makes everyone happy. I apologize for anything I said in those posts. They were unhelpful.

And Yes. I am irritable, even borderline angry. I AM NOT IN THE BEST OF MOODS RIGHT NOW. I am trying to make myself less angry, just look at my IC post where I made a Starcraft reference.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: August 15, 2014, 09:20:33 am »

Happy birthday Smurf. May it be an enjoyable experience full of Happiness and Laughter :)
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: August 15, 2014, 09:24:51 am »

the paper is not reclaimable is a downside how? Note that nobody else even get any secondary special resources. Sen literaly gets that stuff for free, there is no downside to always using this move against any boss. It being dodgeable again, is no downside, EVERY ATTACK is dodgeable. just because a 400 damage attack is dodgeable does not mean it's suddenly fair, when the 20 damage attack is also dodgeable.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: August 15, 2014, 09:26:47 am »

I said drop it Akroma. It's not your character, It's mine. If you want to help nerf her attack then instead of pointless arguing help me and Smurf  nerf it when we get to it. For now the attack is banned by both me and Smurf until we get around to nerfing it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: August 15, 2014, 09:33:02 am »

Dang, Dalia devastates the big bosses with her debuffs, she and a tank could pretty much dominate any boss.

Eh... -30% to a stat isn't impressive. It's not equiviant to +30% to hit or to dodge or damage inflicted by any means. It's more like 15%, which is a bit wimpy for a dedicated debuffer. Plus once she runs out of mana she's completely useless. Especially since her perk stops working and she becomes even easier to hit.

Also, Dalia and a tank would do jack shit against bosses. Mostly because neither of them can actually do damage.

unless the boss is intelligent and perceptive enough to notice what is happening. Then you will find that Dalia is frail as fuck and one-shotted by many bosses.

Well, if you look at her stats you'll fine that she's actually very tough for your average 17 year old girl. In fact she would probably do very well in a weigh-lifting/boxing/fighting tourniment in her age/weigh bracket, due to her well above-average strength, skill, speed, etc. It's just that compared to void-creatures, robots and similar things she's rather weak and squishy, which is why she stays on the Nomad and out of harm's way most of the time.

tl;dr: Dalia is jacked. But not jacked enough given what she's up against. I really hope I'm useing the slang right here.

Happy birthday Smurf. May it be an enjoyable experience full of Happiness and Laughter :)

Same from here!

EDIT:
And Yes, The attack is dodgable is a valid argument because if the attack was not dodgeable then I would have an instakill all fuck the plot attack, which I don't like.

As an aside, arguing that your attack isn't OP because it could be even more OP strikes me as extremely silly. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:35:34 am by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 685