Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520205 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5220 on: August 15, 2014, 09:41:09 am »

Why not just have it do (magic stat)d4+(magic stat) damage, and give it an actual cost?

I mean, hell, Leth's ultimate ability basically fucks over the universe and almost certainly kills him. And he still can't do 200 damage with it. I don't think so, anyway...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 15, 2014, 09:42:10 am »

Same thing I have said, THe Attack is getting nerfed. Just not yet and the attack is in statis until the nerfing. I am open for ideas on nerfing it, but only when me and Smurf get around to nerfing it (which should be when both me and him have cooled down.).
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:34 am »

Why not just have it do (magic stat)d4+(magic stat) damage, and give it an actual cost?

I mean, hell, Leth's ultimate ability basically fucks over the universe and almost certainly kills him. And he still can't do 200 damage with it. I don't think so, anyway...

So basically 15d4+15? which has a high damage amount of 75 and a low damage amount of 30, which is still enough to one shot a low level bossed, and makes it so that Sen can Min-max MAG and SKL allowing her to just always use the spell without any real downside since she would just catalys a demon giving her shittons of mana.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: August 15, 2014, 09:48:07 am »

I literaly made the system we run on, and many things regarding the game mechanics, lore or various decisions happen between smurf and me via PM.

you want a nerf?

Paper Dragon, big category spell (cost: 6 mana) deals d(mag*2.5) damage, alternatively if it gets patched, deals d(mag) + (80% of mag) damage.

this is literaly how the rules of the game work, and the only way to make sure it is REALLY balanced with regard to other players, who play with the same rules. I do not understand why Sen needs to roll dice that are chosen at random, that are in no way tied at all to the system of the game. 100d8? 15d4? How is that correlated to anything? One can not balance an attack to a system if you refuse to correlate them to the system. If you insist on making paperstock a secondary resource besides mana to further empower attacks, note that you are getting this power for free, on top of your already existing power - so it's literaly a bonus of power that nobody else has - which is hardly fair towards other players. Sure, it runs out, but at the start of the battle, you are stronger than everyone else at no downside

as such, there needs to be a downside to having no paper left besides *Sen is now suddenly not stronger than everyone else anymore*.

I propose this:

1% of paperstock can be used to empower a paper based attack, to raise the damage done by 1% (or even 0.5%. Or possibly 1.5% or 2%. As Rolep has shown talent on this, I'd like it if he ran some numbers on that. This can not be decided without any numbers). When paper has been used to empower a paper based attack, it is lost, paper that is just used on a standard attack can be reclaimed. The downside is, when paper stock is at 75%/50%/25%/0%, the base damage on paper based attacks is reduced - by half that amount. Run out entirely, and you can not attack with paper anymore(duh)- now you are limited to the (huge) arsenal of Sens non-paper basede magic - which does halved damage compared to the normal scaling of magic.

This means Sen will actually have to think about when it is the right time to boost her spells. She can still fight normaly at no downside, at the same strength as everyone else, or choose to boost her damage output by not insignificant amounts (again, needs some statistics here) for a few attacks, but at the downside of weakening herself for oncoming combat, should the battle drag on. This way, the extra paperstock is a tactical resource, that needs to be used with care, rather than just a straight on power-up. Note, this STILL means that Sen is stronger than everyone else - who literaly only perform at 100%.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: August 15, 2014, 09:58:17 am »

Fuck it, I'm not continuing with any argument.

The Matter is tabled until Me and Smurf Nerf it. Not before. Anyone who continues the pointless argument will be ignored.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:05:26 am by Sanure »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: August 15, 2014, 10:13:05 am »

So... did someone say something about testing Kasumi?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: August 15, 2014, 10:13:32 am »

yes, and main powers deal damage as per the rules in the front page. Not 100d8, not 15d4, they deal d(mag)+(size category bonus) damage and cost (category) Mana. Sens mag is 15, so she deals d15 vs enemy res. if you make it a big category spell, that's 1d15+80%, that's 1d15+12 damage. That's 13-27 damage. not 100-800, not 30-75. I do not understand at ALL why this would work in ANY way other than this. It's as if Sen is playing a different game, where dice are made up with no correlation

If you want to deal more damage than other players do, by playing with a bonus rule, there HAS to be a downside to it. Everyone has 100%. If Sen is to get 120% at some times, she needs to perform at 80% at other times. Anything else is not fair. So I proposed a set of rules the ability could work with. Sen can choose to fight at 100% the entire time like everybody else does, or decide to play the trump card, gain an attack boost now, that nobody else would have access to, but be dampened for doing so later. The flame that burns brighter also burns faster. If you don't like it, propose something else, but it *has* to be correlated to the system. No more made up dice. If you keep making up random numbers until the damage variance falls into an amount that seems appropriate, it will still be entirely removed from the system. This is no basis for game balance.

Also, Sen having no weapon is *not* a balancing factor, as literaly nothing in the world can stop her from simply getting one and using it. Kaiser can make one, Selina can make one, heck, Sen is a millionair, she could seek out a world-renown mastersmith and have him make a weapon from her. Not doing that is a self-imposed limitation, just like I am limiting Icarus to medium acts until she gets an upgrade to her body, which is still 6 plots away. I am not complaining about self-imposed limits, demanding recompensation in strong bonuses (mind you, considering Sen is magic focused, not having a weapon for normal combat is not even an actual limitation), because it is self-imposed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:15:57 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:47 am »

(useless bickering)

How about we stop arguing and do something useful like testing Kasumi?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:18 am »

I am not argueing. I don't understand why Sanure is continueing being angry, when she asked for a nerf, and I am proposing one.

the funny part is where my nerf proposes that Sanure actually plays by the same rules as everyone else. I mean, when you make up rules on the spot, and they turn out to be incredibly overpowered, why wouldn't it be your VERY first impulse to just use the rules everyone else uses? Instantly, the damage is no longer incredibly high compared to everyone else

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: August 15, 2014, 10:21:36 am »

I'm angry because Fuck it all. I just had a death in my family because of a Suicide. I just learned today that my uncle is going to have to live in a nursing home because of some stupid ass reason and To make matters worse, my stupid half sister is pregnant, again.

A No Akroma, I didn't ask for a nerf on Sen. I asked for help making a nerf for Sen's Paper Dragon Spell. Big Fucking Difference.

Also, For the Last Time: I AM NOT A GIRL.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: August 15, 2014, 10:22:03 am »

That sounds like an argument...

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: August 15, 2014, 10:23:39 am »

That sounds like an argument...

Because it is. Akroma just wants to keep things up and doesn't know how to drop a subject apparently.

now for the last time, Lets Table the matter until I have cooled off a bit. Okay?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: August 15, 2014, 10:40:15 am »

-snip, screw it-

just a tl;dr: it is wrong to use the dead as a freepass
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:43:12 am by Akroma »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: August 15, 2014, 10:44:02 am »

I QUIT.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: August 15, 2014, 10:48:05 am »

God-fucking-damn it, everyone. What is it about RotMG that makes everyone want to claw out each other's eyes?
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 685