Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82113 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #375 on: June 09, 2014, 12:31:54 pm »

And that's why I didn't want to add to the discussion. Nine trees of dialogue, at least three of which were stupid, exhausted in two posts. Lyeos, your turn.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2014, 12:34:05 pm »

I saw it, forgot to comment on it.

Really like the suggestion of weight.

I agree that subsystems seem unnecessary. Unless we add in some sort of ridiculous game.

Yay, character development.

Lyeos, your turn.

Ha. Ha. No.
Someone else.
I've exhausted my source of ideas.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:35:40 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 09, 2014, 12:37:14 pm »

Maybe for the currency it's the standard 1 gold= 10 silver= 100 copper thing?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2014, 12:39:04 pm »

Let's just go with this. Simple, easy to convert, easily a weapon if you have a huge sack of them.

Maybe throw in platinum for those really rich NPCs, royalty and whatnot.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 09, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »

In all seriousness... I could possibly retool my PoS chara into something workable and pliable. ( And therefore viable. ) I think we've worked out just about all the friggin' gameplay mechs we're gonna until Kevak gets back. In the meanst we need to formulate a logical overworld with which to work with. Moreover, if I can actually get people to commit, I can start up a Wiki and promote this game all over the place. It's quite possible to make this thing super amazing. I fear to do this, because I don't want to put in 72 hours work for a game that's not going anywhere, and I don't want to put too much pressure on Prophet. I also don't know if I want a super rigid storyline or detailed gameplay mechs. It's not really about what I want, I guess, but still... Let's start with first things first, like we should've been, worldbuilding.

Where do we live? Why do we live there? What is it like? How long have we been there? How big is the overworld map and where do all the races live relative to one another and why? Etc.

Let's just go with this. Simple, easy to convert, easily a weapon if you have a huge sack of them.

Maybe throw in platinum for those really rich NPCs, royalty and whatnot.
I'm good with this. Are we going to have mythril and adamantine?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 09, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »

Probably only for equipment. Save astral diamonds for ungodly rich chars.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 09, 2014, 12:43:25 pm »

Probably only for equipment. Save astral diamonds for ungodly rich chars.
Good. And are gems just for decoration or do they have trade value too? ( I'm kinda thinking we just rip off conveniently available currency systems. )

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2014, 12:44:34 pm »

How exactly does one join this? And play this?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 09, 2014, 12:45:47 pm »

Boom you're in.

And gems probably aren't going to be that reliable.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 09, 2014, 12:46:06 pm »

I don't see those two being wasted on currency, if they're there, they're probably going to be used for, you know, armor and weapons.

Please rework your character if you feel you would enjoy playing him more if he was different.

I was thinking there would be a southern continent that was only accessible by ship/airship, contains the area where Ammilek is from, said area is heavily tainted. But, it's a relatively small region, presumably humans or the like live somewhat nearby, either supply prisoners for them to take souls from because they're working to contain and reverse the blight, therefore, the humans want them to succeed. Haven't worked out too many details.

As for where we live, I don't think we live anywhere. I think we're waiting for Kevak to finish,  I think he was making part of the world for Prophet, at least some starting locations within a reasonable distance of our first goal.

Throw together a sheet, we're waiting on the stat system.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 09, 2014, 12:47:42 pm »

Boom you're in.

And gems probably aren't going to be that reliable.
What? What exactly do you mean, Boom you're in?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 09, 2014, 12:49:38 pm »

You're in. If you really want to you can copy the general design of our sheet and make one.

Also, an idea I had, maybe there's an organization like the Blackwatch or the wardens from Dragon Age that helps with the taint.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2014, 12:50:00 pm »

I don't see those two being wasted on currency, if they're there, they're probably going to be used for, you know, armor and weapons.

Please rework your character if you feel you would enjoy playing him more if he was different.

I was thinking there would be a southern continent that was only accessible by ship/airship, contains the area where Ammilek is from, said area is heavily tainted. But, it's a relatively small region, presumably humans or the like live somewhat nearby, either supply prisoners for them to take souls from because they're working to contain and reverse the blight, therefore, the humans want them to succeed. Haven't worked out too many details.

As for where we live, I don't think we live anywhere. I think we're waiting for Kevak to finish,  I think he was making part of the world for Prophet, at least some starting locations within a reasonable distance of our first goal.

Throw together a sheet, we're waiting on the stat system.
So our entire discussion is completely and totally useless? If so, why are you nagging me about it.

And yea, I probably would enjoy it more, but I'm tired and have an awful headache and my muse got shot by a harpy and then a banshee stubbed its toe. That's kinda how I feel right now. My lack of coherence should be evidence enough of my incapacity to be useful right now.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:14 pm »

Anyone mind posting the sheet?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »

Nah, we can still toss out ideas for plot/locations/dungeons.

Am I the only on that wants our characters' first trip on an airship to go horribly, horribly wrong? Assuming we go on one.

Also, an idea I had, maybe there's an organization like the Blackwatch or the wardens from Dragon Age that helps with the taint.

Probably, to be honest the location itself isn't going to be terribly important during the game.

Anyone mind posting the sheet?
We don't have a set format, check page three for a few sheets, Prophet's was a few pages back, as was CMC's.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108