Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82054 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2014, 02:34:47 pm »

The shadow magic really doesn't have all that much of a use beyond stealth and travel and being creepy. Maybe distraction also?

But the Illusion Magic is Innate=>Species.

Shadow is Mental Focus=>Focus.

Healing is Mental Focus=>Strands.

The Form Shifting is Innate=>Species.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2014, 02:39:14 pm »

What exactly does any of that mean?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2014, 02:41:12 pm »

Read the explanation of the magic system on the first page.

The stats will be up at some time today.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »

Would Extension and Reinforcement not count as magic as well?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2014, 02:50:41 pm »

Would a lizard man having increased regeneration capabilities (regrowing lost limbs and stuff) be a stretch.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2014, 03:23:17 pm »

Would Extension and Reinforcement not count as magic as well?
Oh, forgot about that, is that a specieswide thing? If it is then it is Innate=>Species.
If it is personal then it is a Mental Focus=>Focus.

Quote from: kj1225 link=topic=139062.msg5357286#msg5357286 date=140234Sp3441
Would a lizard man having increased regeneration capabilities (regrowing lost limbs and stuff) be a stretch.
That isn't even magic, it would just take time, possibly a month or two. The Lunarik have a similar thing because of their Innate=>Species and Uncontrolled=>Species. It gets triggered by the moon and is rather rapid, the trances can last weeks though if the damage is massive, it can technically bring dead Lunarik back to life if they died within a day or two, if the brain is intact then the memories are still there, if the brain is not intact then they lose their memories and are even more likely to be insane upon awakening, however any moontrance that lasts longer then a day has an exponentially greater chance to drive the Lunarik insane. One of Ril's kids is a good example and you'll see what I mean when I introduce him ingame.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2014, 03:27:42 pm »

On a different note that does mean Kyle could be shipped with a Lunarik.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »

Well if i remember right. I believe lizards can only regenerate their tail not their other limbs and it regrows weird like their are things they can't regenerate in their tail? We also have to consider that not all lizards can regenerate their tails. Kyle is also only Half-lizardman so even if they can that doesn't mean that he can. If they can then sure if you want he can regenerate his limbs.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:36:37 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2014, 03:31:12 pm »

Just spoil my fun why don't you. And it's not like someone who regenerates limbs after a few months is very game breaking.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2014, 03:32:23 pm »

Well i edited it. Then right after that you posted so read it now.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2014, 03:32:49 pm »

Stuff

If the Lunariks get this
it can technically bring dead Lunarik back to life if they died within a day or two

Then he should get that.

And yes, I suppose you could, but only for... Well... Purposes not intended for these forums? Are Lunariks even romantically interested in other races? I thought it was no?
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2014, 03:34:12 pm »

Will you guys read my edit before posting!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »

I think aggravated regeneration in a race that's all warriors should be a good thing. And not like instant regeneration, like you cut off a lizard man's arm it's back again in a minute, it takes hours for a normal lizardman to regenerate a limb or complicated organ like an eye.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 09, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »

On a different note that does mean Kyle could be shipped with a Lunarik.
Technically anybody can ship with a Lunarik, it just means they can't have babies and since Lunarik don't really stay monogamous if they aren't kept "occupied," technically multiple people can ship with the same Lunarik.

((Personally I would not want to be in polygamous relationship, doesn't seem like it would be as intimate as a monogamous one, although to each their own, and the Lunarik are just one of several hundred races I have made over the years, honestly I just randomly chose one of the races at the start of the first GoD game. The random number generator just happened to pick one of my more... Interesting ones. Also nother fun fact: I am not actually into vore or cannibalism, I personally think that even though there likely aren't afterlives, if there are, there are enough cultures that jibber about your body will be how it was in life when you pass over, so I would rather not have someone pass over as a skeleton or myself pass over as a skeleton. That and pain is bleh. Although the Lunarik do reflect some things I like, they don't reflect all of them. Actually if we are being technical, this isn't the actual Lunarik race, this is just a version of them adapted for a fantasy setting. (They traded shapeshifting for regeneration and explodyness, as well as a lot of culture and forced migration and some other stuff.) Lunarik are originally a scifi race. Still absurdly hard to kill, but just in a different way. Aaand I'm gonna stop my rant now and get back to working on the combat system.))

Stuff

If the Lunariks get this
it can technically bring dead Lunarik back to life if they died within a day or two

Then he should get that.

And yes, I suppose you could, but only for... Well... Purposes not intended for these forums? Are Lunariks even romantically interested in other races? I thought it was no?
Lunarik are romantically interested in other races, they just can't have babies.
Also lizardmen should get it, just months for complex things (Like arms.)

I think aggravated regeneration in a race that's all warriors should be a good thing. And not like instant regeneration, like you cut off a lizard man's arm it's back again in a minute, it takes hours for a normal lizardman to regenerate a limb or complicated organ like an eye.
I think more like months.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 09, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »

To be fair... I don't know what the specifics of it are, but, how often does your race get to regenerate, Kevak?

And at the same time, Ammilek gets to make new parts whenever she gets her hands on enough of that specific type of wood. Unlikely to be something you would find in a normal city, but still, it's... Pretty quick, when you consider it. Especially if they hauled some around. Which she doesn't. So, like... A few days to make a new one? Possibly almost immediately if she made backups.

So, compromise and say... A few days for an eye or something, most of a month for a major limb?
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108