Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82071 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #390 on: June 09, 2014, 12:54:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone kinda did theirs a bit differently but this is how I did mine. Edit: Yeah what Lyeos said.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 09, 2014, 01:09:12 pm »

Thinking on it, I'm gonna go with an underground civ. That's where Ammilek would have to go to reach the shrine for her goddess anyways, I always intended it to be the one safe place there, and honestly, an underground civ dedicated to worshipping/doing said goddess's bidding would make more sense, as they would probably be more likely to give their souls anyways. Would have to be either a massive society or reproduce/mature very quickly to provide the necessary numbers, though.
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 09, 2014, 01:25:13 pm »

Plot: What the hell are we actually supposed to be doing?

Character dev: Or, How to Make a Better Character in Three Days

Inventory: What can we use? How will inventory be handled?

Sub-systems: In case Kevak's system isn't complicated enough for some reason.

Enemies: Are we fighting anything at all?

Organization: Who's gonna keep track of this? And how? Are we going to use a Wiki? Are people actually going to contribute to that Wiki? ( Unlike my game, for example. )

Possible Dungeons: Very rich topic of debate.

Does my character actually get laid once he stops being such a jackass? Does the friend he drove away come back as a villain?

Characters: Beyond just sheets, WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE!?

Hell: Are we going to have it in this game? What will it be like?

Rules: Are there any? Or is it a massive free-for-all with a stats system?

Speculation about Kevak's system: He mentioned something about trainers and masters or something. How soon are we going to see them? How long's that gonna take? Etc.

Money: Is there going to be a universal currency?

Fan-art/Concept Art: Are any of you that dedicated? Will it be necessary to map out these places? Is Prophet going to do so?
Ask Prophet.

I can help when I finish.

I have a system for that and a way for additional items to be rolled for.

It's complicated enough.

Probably.

As I am doing a good portion of the world from another world I have, I'm keeping track and will PM Prophet when they become relevant.

Yes, dead empires tend to leave things behind.

He could pick up a Lunarik easily enough, both the males and females go into heat, it'll just probably tie him up and gag him if it doesn't like the sound of his voice.

Ril is veeery well developed (I have used him is several games before.), no idea about others.

Multiple afterlives. Lunarik worship Lune, who is a rather relaxed god. The average bay12er without the utter insanity and sadism is a good example of his mindset.

Yes, there are rules, just haven't posted them yet.

..? I never said that. However it would make sense to have apprenticeships.

I have several systems for that.

I am capable but I have no need or reason to.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 09, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »

Spoiler: Lytle Belrelease (click to show/hide)
Does this look about right?
Edit: Does this look right now?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:58:19 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 09, 2014, 01:45:28 pm »

Looks alright? One thing does worry me though. Can you add a limit to how strong and hard you can reinforce your body.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:48:31 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 09, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »

You can't have an AOE cooking fail. That doesn't work in the system.

Teeechnically I already had a Kitsune race made, but seeing how this is close enough, I'll adapt the lore.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2014, 02:01:56 pm »

As far as i can see it looks good. So approved?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 09, 2014, 02:03:02 pm »

Cut out the AOE cooking fail and yes.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 09, 2014, 02:06:14 pm »

-Nods.-

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 09, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

Been there, done that. Edited it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »

Cool! Another character that autofails cooking!

Oh. Pick a group. Let's see...

Playergamer, who wanted to be by himself... Unless he wants to travel with your character? Hey, Playergamer! Do you wanna travel with his character?

Kevak and Prophet...

Myself, CMC, and KJ.

Or by yourself.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

Well if everything is in order then its approved. Welcome to the game.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2014, 02:22:59 pm »

I suddenly feel as though everything here will be really dangerous, since nobody has commented on a very obvious use of shadow magic. First order of business will have to be stocking up on as many health potions as I can carry.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »

Well seeing as how shadows aren't capable of actually physically interacting with anything (as they are an absence of light relative to another section of light) The only things you can use them for are confusing people, being creepy, and teleporting.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2014, 02:28:28 pm »

I suddenly feel as though everything here will be really dangerous, since nobody has commented on a very obvious use of shadow magic. First order of business will have to be stocking up on as many health potions as I can carry.

I don't even know what part of the system on the first page it's going to use. OP things won't be OP.
Also... Healing things are a must, but... Between a walking bomb, a soulsucking 'doll', and a partially-demon guy... It's not... I mean, it's cool, just... Not something that warrants major arguescussions. Until the game starts.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 108