Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Immortal Labyrinth  (Read 21426 times)

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Immortal Labyrinth
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 05:36:59 pm »

"No clue, figment of my imagination.  Want me to take a look at it?"

If he agrees, inspect his leg and think about how to best fix it.  Either way, pick up a torch and go onto the walkway just before the ice.  What is the height of the ceiling in the ice room?  Also, is there a visible doorway on the other side?

Accept help with the leg fixing.

I'll be using this action and not the other one, I assume?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »

((I thought accepting help would be a free action. But if it isn't, go with my first action.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 07:00:19 pm »

((I thought accepting help would be a free action. But if it isn't, go with my first action.))

I can count it as one, but you're going to need to make it into one action.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2014, 07:12:29 pm »

I can count it as one, but you're going to need to make it into one action.

((The post has been edited.))

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2014, 07:28:12 pm »

((Um, just wondering, but how thin is the ice?))

You'll have to find that out.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2014, 09:17:55 pm »

I will just go with sinvara. Also try to get my head clear

(( just wondering can i load wands into the crossbow?))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

blazing glory

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

((You fool! You don't ask if you can! You make it a action and the GM will be forced to roll for it! Maybe.))

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »

"Thanks for carrying me out of there. Anybody know how to fix my leg?"

Fix my leg through force of will. If that doesn't work, try to fix it with the wand. Accept any leg-fixing help.
[6] Electricity bounces down your leg. You focus and try to force your leg to move! [Luck : 4] You foot jerks! You force it again. [Luck : 5] Electricity sparks jump out of your leg! You begin feeling the blood flow through your leg and test it out. You stand up, and walk around the passage.

"No clue, figment of my imagination.  Want me to take a look at it?"

If he agrees, inspect his leg and think about how to best fix it.  Either way, pick up a torch and go onto the walkway just before the ice.  What is the height of the ceiling in the ice room?  Also, is there a visible doorway on the other side?
[6] You quickly head back into the first room and grab a torch. You take it back to the passage and peek into the other room. The room seems to be pretty tall, like a museum.  You look across the ice and see a door. It looks locked...with your thoughts in mind, you decide to take the wand with your other hand and force it to shoot! [Luck : 6] The wand responds! Lightning sparks fly out the wand as it hits everyone in the passage!
[Beirus's Damage : 4 + 1 = 5] The shield takes the hit. [Durability : 1] It breaks! Now below your feet is a pile of wood.
[blazing glory's Damage : 6 + 1 = 6] The lightning bounces off your chest plate and hits the ice. It begins to crack...
[Sinvara's  Damage : 5] You simply side step the lightning as it is absorbed by the floor.
[_DivideByZero_'s Damage : 6 + 1 = 6] His shield takes the hit. [Durability : 1] The hunk of metal shatters! The left over metal is scattered across the floor.
[Self Damage : 5] You manage to dodge the incoming lightning.
The bolts travel towards the door as it hits! [Door's Damage : Auto] The door merely absorbs the lightning. Realizing this, it's probably not gonna open with magic.

Yeah teamwork!

Point my finger at the ice and shout 'FROST' loudly, in an effort to use magic.
[2] With just being hit by magic, you decide to not use magic until you know what you're doing. You might cause a blizzard.

Yank Varee into the mini hallway before he gets turned into wall-pancake.
[5] You peek into the first room and see Varee. You signal him to come over as you pull him towards you. The walls close as the passage moves, like a miniature earthquake had just happened. The first room is gone, unable to be entered.

Take off at sprint and make my way to the third room praying that the whole thing doesn't collapse before I get across.
[5] You take a few steps back, ready to run towards the next door. You scream out a battle cry, even though you're not in battle, and run towards the door! [Control : 5] You manage to carefully run across the icy floor. You take a glimpse back and see the ice melting. You reach the door and try opening it. It won'd budge! You knock on it, screaming for assistance. No one's answering...and the ice seems to be melting at a steady pace. You might want to leave.

[4 - 1 = 3] You're already in the passage.

Rocks begin to form out of the ice. They resemble icy armadillos...everyone soon realizes that these are bodies! They seem to be sleeping. Yet, no noise is coming from them.

Statuses :
Spoiler: Varee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinvara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _DivideByZero_ (click to show/hide)

Nunzillor

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:28 pm »

Well, looks like the door can't be destroyed by electricity.  The more you know!

Flap my wings experimentally, try to hover just above the ground.  If successful, fly over to blazing glory and bring him back to the walkway.  No dream construct left behind!

Edit: unless, that is, he leaves the area.  In that hypothetical case, follow.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:42:24 pm by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2014, 11:36:04 pm »

Shatter the door with a mighty kick and go through.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 11:55:19 pm »

((Maybe we should lay off the magic until we are actually in a fight...))
"Aww, I never get to have nice things. Other than this armor, sword, and wand. Please don't break those."
Pick up a piece of the wood, since it might come in handy at some point. Watch the icy armadillos to see what they do.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:40:22 am by Beirus »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 02:24:26 am »

Pick up the pieces of my shield and see if they magically put themselves back together on my arm.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:44 am »

Load and fire a bolt at one of the ice thing
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2014, 12:44:32 pm »

Well, looks like the door can't be destroyed by electricity.  The more you know!

Flap my wings experimentally, try to hover just above the ground.  If successful, fly over to blazing glory and bring him back to the walkway.  No dream construct left behind!

Edit: unless, that is, he leaves the area.  In that hypothetical case, follow.

[4] (If you haven't noticed, the actions go in order. So that edit is pretty useless since you're the first one to go/move.)
You feel the wings on your back, the muscles fused into your back muscles, you try moving them. [Luck : 4] They begin flapping! You move towards the entrance to the second room and try to repeat on flapping your wings. [Control : 5] You manage to control the direction, flying towards blazing glory. He looks at you in amazement. You tell him to hop on your back, he does so. [Control : 6] Huh? Maybe adding more weight makes you go faster because before you know it, you're already at the entrance...but maybe...you're going too fast! You knock everyone down.
[Varee's Damage : 1] Unfortunately, Varee didn't get hit softly. Nunzillor's leg had kicked his head at the right timing. Everyone hears a crack in Varee's head as he passes out.
[Beirus's Damage : 3] Beirus was a bit more fortunate. He had got hit in the chest,  but his head and hit the wall of the first room, giving him a headache.
[blazing glory's Damage : 1 + 1 = 2] Blazing glory didn't have a soft landing, either. His armor did protect him from his fall, but he still fell too early from his trip with Nunzillor. His back collided with the ground as another crack is heard.
[Sinvara's Damage : 1] Sinvara also receives a nice blow to the head. Again, a crack is heard throughout the passage.
[Nunzillor's Damage : 5] He safely lands on his two feet, as he watches everyone get hurt.
[_DivideByZero_'s Damage : 1 + 1 = 2] _DivideByZero_ accidentally trips while avoiding Nunzillor. The last crack is heard as _DivideByZero_ feels his back in pain.

Shatter the door with a mighty kick and go through.
[1 - 2 = 1] Your broken back forces you to stay down.

Take a look at the bodies while standing in the mini hallway, afterwards, pull my hood over my head.
[3 - 1 = 2] You remain unconscious, your dreams filled with visions of the void...and chickens.

((Maybe we should lay off the magic until we are actually in a fight...))
"Aww, I never get to have nice things. Other than this armor, sword, and wand. Please don't break those."
Pick up a piece of the wood, since it might come in handy at some point. Watch the icy armadillos to see what they do.
[4 - 1 = 3] You try to find a piece of wood in this small passage. You end up with nothing, so you decide to rest a bit and sit down.

Pick up the pieces of my shield and see if they magically put themselves back together on my arm.
[6 - 1 = 5] You gather the pieces of metal on the floor and piece them together, like a puzzle. You watch in shock as you see a blue light, attaching the pieces together as it builds the shield. You place it on your arm as it glides back towards it's original spot.

Load and fire a bolt at one of the ice thing
[2 - 1 = 1] You remain unconscious.

The ground in the second room rumbles...the bodies begin to shake.

Statuses :
Spoiler: Varee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinvara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _DivideByZero_ (click to show/hide)

Nunzillor

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »

If this was real, I'd probably start to feel pretty bad.  But now it's just fairly hilarious.

"Whoops!  Well at least the wings work, right?  Thanks for letting me test them out, illusory extremely injured guy!"

Briefly wonder what happens if I get murdered in a dream/hallucination.  Go behind everyone.  Need to keep the vengeful where you can see them, as good old dad used to say.  Man was a font of wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11