Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 84802 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Magical Items
« Reply #585 on: December 05, 2017, 11:54:19 am »

Plus you could turn it around to find people.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #586 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »

The Door:
If you enter the door, and go all the way through, you will find yourself at the door from the position you entered in.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 05, 2017, 05:34:58 pm »

Assassin: "We are now playing hide and seek! I'll hide, you seek!" *vanishes*
Dead King's Guards: "We'll shoot."
FTFY. Anything can be solved with enough dakka.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2017, 08:13:07 pm »

Puppy Dog Tail Powder: Anyone who inhales this powder becomes incapable of being conceptualized by other people as anything other than a cute puppy. Duration depends on how much powder is inhaled.

Hammertime Amulet: While wearing this amulet, someone attacking with a hammer hits their target automatically and instantly.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:15 am »

Knife of It's-not-Mine!: This knife is constantly dripping human blood. When held, the wielder will quickly forget they ever picked it up, leaving it in their hand. This effect lasts until the holder needs the hand for something and thus absentmindedly drops the knife or someone else points it out, such as by asking the simple question of "sir, why are you holding a bloody knife and walking away from a murder scene?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 06, 2017, 10:02:02 am »

The Ring of Misinformation
while worn the user can not say anything true, if the user believes false information is true this information will be another wrong statement (example: the user believes that the earth is flat, while trying to say the earth is flat they instead say the earth is a cube).
All statements made by the ring user (while the ring is active) gets interpreted as true information by anyone that hears the statement (anyone that hears the user say something like "JFK was assassinated by his evil twin brother" this will replace the thought of "JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald" in their mind and the users statement becomes true to them)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 06, 2017, 11:08:29 am »

Ring of Retroactive Lies: This ring is cursed and cannot easily be removed after being put on. The wearer cannot speak the truth; if they try, the universe itself will seem to conspire to make the statement into a lie through strange coincidences, which may have happened in the past. For example, if they say they are going to go and buy bread at the store, it might all be sold out before they reach the store. The effect is wildly unpredictable, limiting its usefulness. Saying that you will not be defeated by the villain might mean you will die before reaching them, not necessarily that you will defeat them instead. The previous example of going to buy bread might end in mankind having never invented the bread. Speaking a statement that is already false or a lie will have no effect.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 06, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »

The Ring of infinite war

Rings once owned by dead combat veterans which had a shamanistic spirit "bless" them", these now ebony black rings emanate a "odor" of malese. If one were to wear these sinister objects, they will experience the equivalent of 10,000 years of  constant, nonstop warfare similar to the what the original wearer of the ring had worn. The hallucination is colored by the experiences of the previous owners combat experience. No skills or otherwise nonabilitylike experience can be gained, as the hallucination only focuses on the helplessness and similar strata of the experiences, less so on the usage of skills and other such equipment. Users are typically left haunted and utterly traumatized by the experience.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:31 pm »

The Ring of Endless Finger
Any finger or other object inserted into this ring will appear to stretch off to infinity, although it will still occupy the same space as before.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 06, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »

Dagger of self-defense
When held, this dagger will reliably and perfectly deflect any attack made on the wielder. Provided that the wielder first uses the dagger to stab and kill the attacker.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 06, 2017, 01:04:35 pm »

Dagger of self-defense
When held, this dagger will reliably and perfectly deflect any attack made on the wielder. Provided that the wielder first uses the dagger to stab and kill the attacker.
Surprisingly useful against suicide bombers.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 06, 2017, 02:46:54 pm »

The Ring of Endless Finger
Any finger or other object inserted into this ring will appear to stretch off to infinity, although it will still occupy the same space as before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:56 pm »

Ring of Retroactive Lies: This ring is cursed and cannot easily be removed after being put on. The wearer cannot speak the truth; if they try, the universe itself will seem to conspire to make the statement into a lie through strange coincidences, which may have happened in the past. For example, if they say they are going to go and buy bread at the store, it might all be sold out before they reach the store. The effect is wildly unpredictable, limiting its usefulness. Saying that you will not be defeated by the villain might mean you will die before reaching them, not necessarily that you will defeat them instead. The previous example of going to buy bread might end in mankind having never invented the bread. Speaking a statement that is already false or a lie will have no effect.

Saying "I will die or be put in an And I Must Scream situation somewhere in my life." would make the wearer completely immortal, so there's that.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:06 pm »

The Ring of Archery

All arrows fired through this ring are 100% accurate.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 06, 2017, 08:54:37 pm »

The Ring of Archery

All arrows fired through this ring are 100% accurate.

What if you intentionally try to miss? Will the arrow backtrack to hit your enemy?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62