Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 85119 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Useless Magical Items
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2017, 02:13:51 pm »

Amulet of Slow Fall: When worn around the neck, this amulet will never descend faster than a floating feather.
That's a pretty useful item to have, if you get pushed off a cliff you could don it seconds before you hit the ground.

Axe of Swimming: A very heavy axe with fins attached to it. The wielder can swim very fast, but only against currents.
Fork of air: A magical fork that can only damage air creatures.
Shrinking Key: A key that can open any door, but will shrink the door smaller than the user.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:59 pm »

Gloves of the Legendary Boxer: allows the wearer to pack boxes, crates, etc. at superhuman speeds.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2017, 03:12:43 pm »

Amulet of Slow Fall: When worn around the neck, this amulet will never descend faster than a floating feather.
That's a pretty useful item to have, if you get pushed off a cliff you could don it seconds before you hit the ground.

Axe of Swimming: A very heavy axe with fins attached to it. The wielder can swim very fast, but only against currents.
Fork of air: A magical fork that can only damage air creatures.
Shrinking Key: A key that can open any door, but will shrink the door smaller than the user.

Note: the amulets slows down, you don't. It could slide off your neck during a fall perhaps.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2017, 03:14:24 pm »

There are some problems involved in rapidly deccelerating through your neck.
One wheel short of a wagon

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2017, 03:19:24 pm »

There are some problems involved in rapidly deccelerating through your neck.
Vive la gallows
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2017, 03:23:29 pm »

Note: silly items are allowed.

Pitchfork of Sadness: When used any living being or formerly living objects saddest thoughts and feelings will be Transferred to wielder.

Earring Of Sensitivity: When worn will emit a magical effect about a mile wide that greatly enhances the hearing of all entities hostile towards the wearer, the more hostile, the greater the effect.

Robe Of The Worm King: Allows you to hear the (rather limited) thoughts of earthworms and earthworm based creatures while being worn.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:00 pm »

Sword of fire and ice: a legendary blade cast from solid frost, a true hero can unleash the power of the ancient dragons in a sudden burst of heat.
One wheel short of a wagon

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »

Hyperkitten: A cross-dimensional kitten. Friendly, playful, loves people and enjoys tummy rubs. Frequently gets tangled  in dimensional hyperstrings, causing random alterations to reality. Teleportation around the kitten is a Bad IdeaTM.

Amulet of Ancestral Advice: Once per day this amulet allows the spirits of all of your deceased direct maternal relatives of at least grandmother venerability to comment on your current situation. There is no requirement that they be helpful. There is no requirement that they be timely. They will probably nag you about getting on and having a couple kids and abandoning this silly 'adventuring fad' of yours.

Magic Banana: This enchanted banana will, to any magical scrying appear to be some form of long range magical communications device. Failure to ascertain its true purpose on a close inspection will likewise convince the observer that it has the ability to communicate at long distance. The Magic Banana has no such abilities, although (despite its believable texture) it is as difficult as good steel to actually cut or macerate.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2017, 03:49:52 pm »

Duck of Duplication: When looked at this duck will instantly duplicate 5000 times with each copy also possessing this power, they appear inside one another and explode outwards (harmlessly, unless a duck hits you) outwards 0.5 seconds later.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:04 pm »

Hyperkitten: A cross-dimensional kitten. Friendly, playful, loves people and enjoys tummy rubs. Frequently gets tangled  in dimensional hyperstrings, causing random alterations to reality. Teleportation around the kitten is a Bad IdeaTM.

Amulet of Ancestral Advice: Once per day this amulet allows the spirits of all of your deceased direct maternal relatives of at least grandmother venerability to comment on your current situation. There is no requirement that they be helpful. There is no requirement that they be timely. They will probably nag you about getting on and having a couple kids and abandoning this silly 'adventuring fad' of yours.

Magic Banana: This enchanted banana will, to any magical scrying appear to be some form of long range magical communications device. Failure to ascertain its true purpose on a close inspection will likewise convince the observer that it has the ability to communicate at long distance. The Magic Banana has no such abilities, although (despite its believable texture) it is as difficult as good steel to actually cut or macerate.
Next time I play a mage in any game, I am taking a hyperkitten as my familiar.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2017, 01:55:34 am »

Pitchfork of Sadness: When used any living being or formerly living objects saddest thoughts and feelings will be Transferred to wielder.
If one were to stab someone who was wearing leather with this, would the thoughts be from the person or the leather? What if they were wearing cotton? Can plants have sad thoughts?
Earring Of Sensitivity: When worn will emit a magical effect about a mile wide that greatly enhances the hearing of all entities hostile towards the wearer, the more hostile, the greater the effect.
This sounds like a great item if you're capable of sonic damage...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2017, 03:26:24 am »

The idea was: you would get feeling from the leather and the wearer, but not from cotton, so if you stabbed say an orc wearing leather padding made from three diffrent humans the GM might need to roll  A dice 4 times in order to determine the maximum level of sadness from all those beings,  Who knows if you get unlucky enough that might be enough to cause suicidal depression right then and there.

I classified as a cursed objects, if not for the fact that feeling someone else's pain might help with empathy *shrug*

Here are some more suggestions:

Horn Of Muffling:  The horn that well, at best allow your voice   To travel the same amount of distance as it would being projected through a cardboard tube, the lower one speaks through it the more quiet and indistinct message speaking more quietly does not have the inverse effect.

Glasses Of Dali: When looked through whatever the user sees looks as it would as imagined by Salvador Dali.

Hairband of floating: Causes all hair in the proximity of the item to be slowly pulled upwards in a manner such as heavy, yet boyant item moves through water, has a sphere of effetive range of about 3ft.

Gloves of merging: These gloves merge to the uses flesh when properly worn.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2017, 03:31:17 am »

Ring of Arrogance - Makes the wearer believe that what they're saying is right, regardless of what others tell them. The effect grows stronger the farther(further?) from the truth their words become.
Further.

Ring of Passive-Aggression - When worn, a curse is placed on the user that prevents them from directly saying anything they feel. Instead, they must hide their opinions behind euphemisms and sarcasm.
Liquidproof Paper - This piece of writing parchment is completely liquidproof. Nothing liquid can soak into it, it simply slides off.

e: "Wow, this ring is great."
"Really? Can I see?"
"Sure, buddy. You're gonna love it."
"Wow, you're totally right. Thanks a bunch."

How is liquid proof paper a useless item? Just use pencil or ash, can simply washed off afterwards.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:36 am »

Sword of Knivehood:An enchanted sword that the wielder will always use in place of a knife. They ignore the fact that it IS a knife, even though they know it is a sword. It has been used to stab people in backs, but also for chopping vegetables, opening letters, throwing as an attack, opening packages, and cutting butter. Still, it is only as effective as a sword can be at these tasks.

Mirror of Prepared Past-Seeing: A mirror that allows one to see up to 6 hours in the past prior to its use. However, it must spend the same amount of time warming up before it can be used. Additionally, it only displays the area that was around it at that time in the past.

Coin of KoonMot: A coin with the image of a raccoon on it. The holder accepts bells, and only bells, as currency. Additionally, they will build houses and give loans for those houses to people who don't even ask for a house.

Mermaid Suit: A suit that, when worn, turns the wearing part of the body into that of a mermaid. However, it only covers the torso.

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2017, 12:24:07 pm »

That mirror could still be useful, just leave it warming up when you leave the house for a little while when you come back it will have "footage " of the events around it, like the most inefficient security camera that you can buy.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62