Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 85077 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Useless Magical Items
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2017, 01:05:32 pm »

Parchment of Throwing: Endows the holder temporary legendary +5 throwing when throwing the parchment, and becomes made of steel. However, as soon as it is thrown, both of these effects end.
Transformo-Fish: A living fish that must be kept alive in water to be used. Transforms the user into a fish, but what they don't know is that the fish actually swaps places with the user, and whoever is a fish is immune to aging.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2017, 01:10:46 pm »

Can the parchment of throwing be folded into a paper airplane? Can it be wrapped around or affixed to another object that you want to throw, such as a spear or rock?

I can definitly imagine wrapping the parchment around the shaft of a javeling for a single legendary+5 throw at a critical moment.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2017, 05:50:53 am »

Rag of Disappointment: It is a glowing rag. That's it...

Podium of Resentment: Anything you say while standing at this podium is twisted and mangled into something that will turn your allies against you. Your enemies already hate you, as such they are unaffected.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2017, 06:35:34 am »

The Bucket of Emptiness: It has nothing in it and can never have any thing in it, any thing put in it disappears.
The Lamp of Infinite Darkness: It can never be turned on and no light can be on near it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2017, 10:18:30 am »

Sword of the North: A powerfully enchanted longsword that can only be used effectively when the user is facing north.

Tesselan's Trick Barricade: A belt pouch filled with small metal pieces of varying sizes and peculiar shapes. It can be used to create a two inch thick steel wall of nearly an shape, up to a 30'x30' square panel. To do, so the user sketches the shape of the barricade he wishes to create on a sheet of paper, and then empties the bag onto the sheet of paper. A set of metal pieces will fallout that are capable of exactly filling the given shape, but their method of fitting may be exceedingly complex. Once fitted, the barricade will spring into being where the user visualized it. The bag refills with metal pieces once each day.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2017, 10:54:43 am »

Stalwart Boots:While wearing these boots, you are an unmovable force!*

*Please note that 'unmovable' does not equate to 'invulnerable'- a shield or buckler is heavily recommended.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2017, 03:39:58 pm »

The Bucket of Emptiness: It has nothing in it and can never have any thing in it, any thing put in it disappears.
The Lamp of Infinite Darkness: It can never be turned on and no light can be on near it.

The bucket of emptiness sounds like an item that would be a must have for assassins, just drop body parts into it, poof they're gone forever.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2017, 03:52:30 pm »

Necktie of Mood Weather: Sings happy songs when you are happy, and shines sunlight. Sings sad songs when you are sad, and drips rainclouds. Sings angry songs when you are angry and shoots lightning and strong wind.

The bucket of emptiness sounds like an item that would be a must have for assassins, just drop body parts into it, poof they're gone forever.
I think garbage men would find it more useful.

Of course, the gradual elimination of matter from the universe could end up being a serious probloem, but we'll let the hypersentient floating brains we eventually evolve into worry about that.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2017, 03:58:49 pm »

Bucket of emptying: whenever something is put in the bucket, it empties itself.
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »

The Bucket of Emptiness actually exists in a few games, under the name Bag of Devouring. In a cruel twist of fate, it looks exactly like a Bag of Holding.

Hat of Derealization: this hat, folded of a thin sheet of lightweight metal, over time convinces its wearer that the world they're in is fictional. The Fourth Wall remains unbroken.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2017, 04:14:04 pm »

Conversational Leggings: These leggings generate conversational sentences, which are printed across the fabric. The sentences may be conversation starters, viable replies ot recent statements, or off topic asides. The direction and location of the Sentence generated varies per occurance.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2017, 02:34:38 am »

"Is that a dick joke in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2017, 02:47:41 am »

Useless magical items you say?

How about this:

It's an amulet, used to cheat death. 

Sounds about like your typical magical device, right?  Except, this one works by halting time, and rendering all forms of interaction with the "very soon to be dead" person impossible, trapping them in the last few microseconds before death, for the rest of the lifespan of the universe. It's whole purpose is to keep the soul of the soon to be departed from actually going to a final destination, by preventing them from actually dieing, but doing nothing whatsoever to repair or fix what has caused them to become near death, and prevents any action that could change their status.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2017, 04:24:01 am »

Useless magical items you say?

How about this:

It's an amulet, used to cheat death. 

Sounds about like your typical magical device, right?  Except, this one works by halting time, and rendering all forms of interaction with the "very soon to be dead" person impossible, trapping them in the last few microseconds before death, for the rest of the lifespan of the universe. It's whole purpose is to keep the soul of the soon to be departed from actually going to a final destination, by preventing them from actually dieing, but doing nothing whatsoever to repair or fix what has caused them to become near death, and prevents any action that could change their status.

That's not useless! It's positively harmful, cursed, worse than useless, could even be weaponized to cause generations of suffering if say one presented it as a gift to say a king or some such.

Then a second graduations, you would make a devious GM and if you ever host any roll plays I would feel honored if you let me play in them.
Whichever wizard created that sort of contraption should have to wear it and set for fate worse than death for even trying to unleash that upon the world.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2017, 06:58:27 am »

The Room of Holding: This is a room, could be any room, really, any size or shape. It's distinctive feature is that it's walls, and possibly it's ceiling and floor, are completely lined with hands. the hands close on any object placed in them and will hold it in place until someone removes the object. Each hand can hold a standard humanoid's typical carrying weight for an indefinite time. Multiple hands can work together to hold larger items.

(Maybe more 'bizarre' than 'silly,' but I think it fits the theme well enough.)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62