Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond  (Read 27888 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 09:09:40 pm »

Start exploring.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »

Explore the forest to find magic.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 04:01:27 pm »

Turn 004

Nap.
[4] You decide to take this precious time and nap. You lay down and begin to drowse away.

Steal Lyeos's shirt, give him my underwear, and get that sandwich.

[2] You look at Lyeos and see that he's sleeping. You decide against it to try and go anywhere near him.

Slap myself to wake up then look around at the surroundings
[2] You manage to do nothing and just look around. Oh look, a bird!

Clear my brain of needless thoughts and try to figure out where we are.
[5] You begin to reach deep into your thoughts. You clear your mind of anything useless and continue looking for the information to where you could possibly be. [Luck : 4] You see a little essence in your mind and reach for it. Your mind begins flourishing with knowledge! [Insight : 2] You manage to understand close to nothing. At least you found out the world name is Xearia.

Start exploring.
[3] You get up and look at the forest. It's a vast circle, similar to the old forest. You turn around and realize how big it is. Maybe you should rest before exploring such a huge forest.

Explore the forest to find magic.
[4] You begin to wander around the forest, looking for any trace of magic. [Luck : 5] You manage to find nothing but a book. It's lying on a podium at the edge of the forest. You walk towards it and realize that it's already open, and the pages are flipping without anyone working it. You look at the pages and are unable to read anything due to the rapid speed. You take the book and stop the movement. A burst of light erupts from the book! [Dodge : 1 , Damage : 5] The light hits you right in your eyes, but it doesn't leave a mark. You stop and begin reading the page.
It's been years since the fall of the Kingdom. The emperors have separated and have decided to begin their own groups. Altogether, they call themselves the Order. The Order consists of the Wild, Peaceful and Neutral. The land is now isolated from one another, and each takes one side of the forest. Within the forest --
It looks like the text seems to be smudged. You ignore it and continue to read,
Ages have past, and the Order is still intact. It is now run by the three siblings, descendants of the original emperors. Their names are --
You notice the rest is now smudged. You continue turning and can't find anything. You reach the end of the book, and decide to stop. You close the book. Another burst of energy! [Dodge : 4] Remembering your last encounter, you dodge the light. The book is now closed, but it now shows the title.
The Book Of Judgement
By --
The author is not written, but the rest is written in...blood? You decide against deciding if your prediction was true or not. You turn the page. Nothing. You're about to close the page when the book begins to fly! You notice this after you realize your feet are hovering off the ground. [Reaction : 6] You calm your nerves. You look and see that everyone else is not even paying attention. You come to the conclusion that they don't even notice your flight. The book, however, is still turning pages! This time, words are flying out! You turn and turn and turn, trying to read every single flying word. [Insight : 5] You begin to take in the knowledge that is flowing around you, literally! The book stops turning and you fall down. [Damage : 1, Pain : 3, Critical : 5] You land on your legs and you hear a crack. You fall to the ground and notice that your legs are now broken. Luckily, in your hands, you see the book. You look at the book and it's glowing. On the other hand, you feel your head filled with something new.

(You now own the Book Of Judgement -- look at your statuses)

Background : [4] Next to the podium the book originated from, there's a door. On the door are three key slots, or what seem to be key slots. They're large enough to fit something else inside, a pendant?

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Sinvara" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:03:48 pm by Ethereal »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2014, 04:08:46 pm »

Waitlist me as Observer.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2014, 04:14:38 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »

Start praying to whatever dark gods that may listen for magic.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2014, 05:25:09 pm »

Dream about ways to make healing magic work.
Take a closer look at this text!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 05:43:16 pm »

head over to briehn and do what I can to help him like splinting his leg
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2014, 09:34:21 pm »

Try to read the book.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2014, 09:18:50 am »

Just a reminder, there will be 6 more hours until I automatically post the next turn. Those who have not posted their actions will be AI'd. More information will be given after the turn.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2014, 03:25:29 pm »

Turn 005

Examine some trees, checking for more unusual things.
[5] You leave your mind and begin to examine the trees. You see nothing in the trees. You begin to doubt anything unique is here. You take one last glance and realize nothing is on the ground, but on the top of the trees. On each side of the forest are three flags. Each one having a unique emblem embedded onto it. One has two swords clashing, another has a heart and the last having a scale. Maybe each one represents something?

Start praying to whatever dark gods that may listen for magic.
[6] (Oh god...)
You look at the sky, and begin to praise whomever is listening. [Luck : 5] A strike of lightning bolts down! [Dodge : 1, Damage : 1, Critical : 1] The lightning overwhelms you! The electricity brings your body to shock and you become paralyzed. You're also unconscious, which is pretty good because you don't have to take the pain of burn marks all over your body.

[Skill : 4] You'll have to pray again to even learn anything, due to the fact of your current circumstance.

Dream about ways to make healing magic work.
[1] You decide to think of how to use magic to mend allies. All you manage to do is give yourself a minor headache.

head over to briehn and do what I can to help him like splinting his leg
[5] You see Briehn in pain and decide to head over to him. You realize that his broken legs do look major, you look around for materials to use. [Luck : 6] You see wood, rocks and sticks all over the ground. You pile them up and decide to begin working on his leg. [Splint : 5] You've managed to make a perfect splint to hold Briehn's legs. He is still on the ground, though.

[Skill : 6] At least you learned something from doing this.

(You have learned Emergency Aid and have a +1 to treating wounded targets.)

Try to read the book.
[3] You manage to see that Hellhound fixed your legs. You try to read to read the book, but are unable to even turn your head.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
[5] Learn to use healing magic and heal Dermonster.
[6] (You're asking for it.)
You see Dermonster and his horrible state. You walk over to him and try to pray to the gods that they'll lend you a hand in healing him. [Luck : 1] You manage to reach nothing except for a bird flying over.

Background : [2] The burn marks on Dermonster seem to be shaped into specific shapes...they're too large to depict.

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Sinvara" (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »

Wake up.
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2014, 03:28:16 pm »

Well shit.

Uh. Try to accelerate the body's natural healing while unconscious?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2014, 07:27:22 pm »

Place Dermonster in recovery position so he relax and recover

((The first +1 for healing people  :D we're going to need it.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 07:28:40 pm »

(( May I get added to the waitlist? ))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20