Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond  (Read 27841 times)

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »

Organize the book by putting memory tabs on where each spell is located.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »

Turn 007

@ Killer

You wot m8.

Thats a damn good flower. Get more of those.

Examine self of those lightning made marks.

Also we should probably start figuring out where to go.
[5] You notice that the marks are gone. However, they left behind an outlining of what they look like. You begin to move your head around and try to examine what these marks are. [Insight : 5] You begin to realize that this is not any shape, it looks like runes. Runes that look permanent. Maybe something could happen if you tinker with them?

get some more of the awesome healing herbs and prepare for whats coming (get a weapon)
[6] You hunt the forest for more of the miracle herbs. [Luck : 6 + 1 = 6] You find a pile of them! Well, more like a pile of flowers that contain the herbs. You walk towards the flower and stretch your hand forward. The plan sprays acid! [Dodge : 6] You jump back, avoiding the acid. You decide not to go anywhere near them unless you're armed. Instead, you get ready for a fight. (+1 Dodge if you're targeted)

Lerman/Smurfingtonthethird, if you do not begin posting an action, I will have to summon mobs who's motive will be to destroy you. However, it's damage will have to matter on the dice. If they fail to kill you, I will begin to give a Holy penalty.

Make sure you message me if I go AFK again.

Explore.
[2 -2 = 1] You only manage to worsen your headache to last one more turn.

((Yay, either we're the prophecy related people they're looking for, or the intruders, I love moral choice systems.))

I reveal myself to the mysterious people and negotiate.
[6] You hear the voices slightly closer and decide to jump right in! You're met with a dart of a mysterious material. [Dodge : 3, Damage : 2, Critical : 2] It plunges into your shoulder! You scream in agonizing pain as the dart is removed. You look up and are met face to face with two figures that you can't make out before you pass out. Luckily, you manage to hear something before you fall into unconsciousness.
Dang it, Gilean. You had to shoot...
Apologies, my lady. But it was clear that human was trying to ambush us. I told you there were intruders.
Just heal him and bring him outside and make sure that no one --
That's all that you heard.

Cease sleeping,
[1] You're too deep in your thoughts to awaken.

Organize the book by putting memory tabs on where each spell is located.
[2] The book is far too large for you to start organizing.

Introduce myself, my way.
[Auto]
Quote from: Ioa
Greetings humans, my name is Ioa. I am the leader of the Peaceful Order. Your friend over here has decided to act stupid upon himself and ambush my comrade and I. So now, I will return the favor, but successfully.
Everyone looks upon Ioa. She's a snake. A talking snake. Everyone giggles.
Silence!
She flings looks at Sinvara and looks back at us. Sinvara is flung towards the group. [Damage : 2] His back hits a tree and the crack echoes throughout the forest. Next to Ioa is a...badger? The badger looks throughout all of you with his glasses. It whispers to Ioa. [Eavesdrop : 6]
None of them have born magic. However, one holds The Book Of Judgement and --
Impossible!
She screams this out loud and everyone hears it, she turns as if she's pretending no one did.
Listen, listen. Another one is marked by Amadriel. I don't think they're intruders.
Listen Gilean, I want you to investigate these pests and tell me what of them do they want. Make sure you show no mercy.
Ioa turns to the rest of you.
I guess I will not be executing you beasts.
She slithers back into the forest.

The beaver is now swinging his hands in a motion, signalling for you to follow him. He walks into the forest. You better catch up.

Background : [4] You see what seems to be Gilean waiting at the entrance of the forest. Is he scared of humans?

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Sinvara" (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2014, 02:52:18 pm »

Draw three random runes on the ground and try to mentally 'light them up'. Then follow that beaver I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2014, 02:56:45 pm »

Wake up!
Take a closer look at this text!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:43 pm »

Fix Sinvara then help him follow the badger if he is still in pain
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2014, 10:52:08 pm »

((Sooo...We made it to Narnia? Not at all what I was expecting.))

If I can see 'Hound, then I ask him for first aid, if I can't then I ask the badger if he can fix my back.

Not exactly.
Although it may seem as though you landed in Narnia, you didn't.
I'll just give the hint that all the worlds you'll be visiting are made by me.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2014, 11:03:56 pm »

Wait out the headache. Go find some water.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

Due to some circumstances, the Turn will be posted a bit later than expected. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:51:20 pm by Ethereal »

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:21 pm »

Ask Gilean what my book can do.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 04:56:26 pm »

If I can see 'Hound, then I ask him for first aid, if I can't then I ask the badger if he can fix my back.

Not exactly.
Although it may seem as though you landed in Narnia, you didn't.
I'll just give the hint that all the worlds you'll be visiting are made by me.

((I see, well, that's fine, but will all of the worlds be fantasy based or will other ages or settings exist as well?))

That'll be for you to find out.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 05:13:43 pm »

Turn 008

Draw three random runes on the ground and try to mentally 'light them up'. Then follow that beaver I guess.
[3] You inspect your body and begin to imagine yourself to draw the runes. However, you're unable to even find something to write with. You decide to just go to where Gilean is. You see his body tense and see him whisper to himself. [Eavesdrop : 6]
Quote from: Gilean
The one marked by Amadriel...I must warn the others about this. It's far too much information for Ioa to know.

Wake up!
[4] You finally awake from your dreams. You look around and ponder on what to do next.

[1] You try to look for Hound. In the process, you accidentally move far to much and hurt your back even more. [Pain : 5] You withstand the first wave of pain.

Fix Sinvara then help him follow the badger if he is still in pain
[2] You don't manage to find Sinvara anywhere, maybe you should try harder next time.

Wait out the headache. Go find some water.
[5] You sit on the cold grass and calm your mind. Within seconds, your headache is gone. With that out of the way, you decide to look around the forest for a source of water. [Luck : 5] You notice a stream near the flag with the scale on it. You walk over and cup your hands to grasp enough water. You feel the water in your hands and it already feels nourishing. You notice the water seems to be glowing, faintly, but glowing nonetheless. You now have a handful of water.

Ask Gilean what my book can do.
[5] You run towards Gilean and show him the book. He gasps!
Grinarv Esoterica
He looks at you, and translates.
The Book of Judgement. Said to hold the most powerful magic. Of course, it requires a powerful wizard to even withstand it's exerted magic.
He looks at you with disgust.
I guess some stories are wrong. Just make sure you don't use it a lot. The more magic used, the more life essence. It is powerful to withstand its power, but highly unlikely.
You ask him what it does. [Response : 6]
Like I said, it contains powerful magic. Now, the magic is hard to find. I've overheard that you can't find the magic. The book just summons it and it just happens. The book is more alive than you think. Take care of it, however. If it finds that you have no longer cared about it, it will vanish to another land.

I'm getting angry!
[Auto] Gilean begins to frantically fling his hands in his direction. You better start to meet up with him.

Background : [2] It seems as thought Gilean is worried.

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Sinvara" (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 05:15:13 pm »

Walk north, because why not?
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:35 pm »

Hold beaver up by tail. "Hey, just, you know, FYI, if you're trying to hide something, don't say it out loud right in front of the guy you're hiding it from, kay? Now, who the hell is Amadriel and what do these marks gotta do with him?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 05:21:51 pm »

Hold beaver up by tail. "Hey, just, you know, FYI, if you're trying to hide something, don't say it out loud right in front of the guy you're hiding it from, kay? Now, who the hell is Amadriel and what do these marks gotta do with him?"

Be my friend.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 06:27:59 pm »

Follow sinvara's voice to him and heal then follow badger
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20