Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 53763 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter One: Shattering
« Reply #645 on: June 06, 2014, 10:09:37 pm »

"It isn't a 'just', though, Runa. You didn't 'just' do anything. You did it. Period. You kept everyone going, when you were obviously tired...all I can do is play a few songs! I wish I could do what you do."

Daethwin smiled self-deprecatingly, sighing. He wouldn't be able to help the group like her. Not really. 'Moral support'. Right...well, if he was going to support people that way, he may as well get on it. Taking a deep breath, he looked back up at Runa and grinned.

"You look exhausted, though...here, what's your favorite song? I bet I know it~"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 07, 2014, 12:29:44 am »

:"It hard to tell, he like females like us more then men, but the only real way I found is to offer your palm. Why don't you give it a go? Fingers up and palm toward George. He doesn't bite."
"I didn't mean to be privvy bu-but..alright then."

She looked at her steed and nervously raised her right arm, looking at it in the eye.

"Hi George..."

Meanwhile!
"I guess you would say anyone can learn any kind of magic, should they be willing and able to put in the effort to learn it."
"So that means you could teach me magic then!"

She blinked and gasped at her surprise of words, only nodding after the short worry passed. "Well-I mean, the principles anyway. I'm willing--very willing."
Do I want it for power?
Do I want it to kill others?
...no.
Why do I want to learn magic?

"...And on the note of personality, that reminds me--why were you so 'reserved' back at the village?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 07, 2014, 12:33:37 am »

"It isn't a 'just', though, Runa. You didn't 'just' do anything. You did it. Period. You kept everyone going, when you were obviously tired...all I can do is play a few songs! I wish I could do what you do."

Daethwin smiled self-deprecatingly, sighing. He wouldn't be able to help the group like her. Not really. 'Moral support'. Right...well, if he was going to support people that way, he may as well get on it. Taking a deep breath, he looked back up at Runa and grinned.

"You look exhausted, though...here, what's your favorite song? I bet I know it~"
"I..." Runa looks down at her feet in a mix of embarrassment and nervousness.

"I don't really h-have one... a-at all." Runa says, having heard very few songs at all.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 07, 2014, 12:45:50 am »

Noel quirked an eyebrow at Josephine and stared at her for several seconds before responding.

"You're actually serious. Are you certain you would want to learn dark magic? It sounded to me like you were ready to follow Kosko into worshiping Zarasutra earlier; maybe his light magic would be more suited to you. Observations aside, I suppose I could try to teach you, if you insist on treading the shadowed path rather than the hallowed one. Just be warned it is difficult and dangerous - you will be putting your soul and your mind at risk by calling upon the power of the dark and the creatures that dwell within. If you can't master it as I have, you may end up a withered husk - or worse."

Josephine had another question to answer, it seemed.

"'Reserved'? I mean no offense when I say this, but you were just a common villager, and I thought you would stay there so there was no point in interacting with you beyond what was necessary to do my job and save your village. Now that it seems we'll be working together for the foreseeable future, there is some merit in getting to know you. That is all."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 07, 2014, 01:01:19 am »

Josephine was quite unsure about Dark or Light magic...given the descriptions, but wanted to be fully informed regarding this decision. "What about Anima? I didn't hear much of it other than getting Dark and Light being polar opposites."

She still took offense when he said that continuation. "Also loosen up a bit around people--"common villagers" run this place, anyway. And it seems better to just...well, talk a bit more. I mean you're quite the character there. All...said."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 07, 2014, 01:15:28 am »

"You would have to speak to an Anima mage for a deep understanding of it. I know only some of the theory. In short Anima manipulates the elements of Wind, Fire, and Lightning. Anima specializes in targeting certain types of beings - normally the undead, monsters, and flying creatures. However, some Anima spells are effective against heavily armored creatures and people like Kosko who specialize in light magic. I'm not certain the reason for this, to be frank."

"'Common villagers' hardly run a country. Their actions are necessary for it to function - that is, growing crops and raising livestock, mining, fishing, forging weapons and armor - but it is the nobility who shape and guide a country's destiny, their policies and decisions that make a land what it is. Besides that, it is unnecessary to learn more than one needs about anyone else. The minutiae of the lives of the people of your village, for example, are at best trivial information for gossiping housewives, and I care little for who is an unfaithful husband or similar nonsense. It is no concern of mine and I don't wish to waste my time hearing about it when I could be better utilizing my time by fulfilling my duties around the castle or studying."

"I can almost feel myself growing duller for even thinking of such rot."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 07, 2014, 01:21:13 am »

Josephine was quite a bit irritated at the subtle condescension she noted in the man's voice...though perhaps it was his upbringing.
It was even worse that he got the idea that all was spoken in her village was...gossip.
What parlance was he hearing about the place. Not everyone did gossip!
Though, gossip always spreads faster than anything else, not that she even tried it (or loved it in the first place)
Without the faith of the 'common villagers' in the nobles they look up to--what use is the nobility? I...would like to sharpen you then to look on more things other than trivial gossip. It's a minute portion of our lives that lead to gossip (and I'm pretty astounded that's what you think of us but.... small worlds I guess).

"So...what do you think about us 'common villagers' anyway?"

Noel seems pretty biased...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 07, 2014, 01:32:21 am »

"I used your village as an example of a greater problem with humanity. There's all this... need by people to know everything about other people, and I don't hold with all this nosiness. For one, people's lives are exceedingly boring most of the time, and for another, what a person does or believes is no one's business but those he does or believes those things with. It has nothing to do with faith in leadership. I serve Princess Elvira, but unless she gets in trouble I don't care what she does when she's not around me. It is her business, not mine, and I have no interest in poking into her personal affairs."

Noel crossed his arms.

"As to what I think of the 'common' man... they are just that, common. They are useful, in their place, as is everything... but I have no wish to deal with them if I have no need to. I have no patience for their superstitions or their petty judgements and jealousies. Or will you tell me that everyone you know does not fear the darkness and demons? That they act respectful to their betters in their presence and don't gossip and insult them behind their backs? I'll answer for you. You cannot. That is the nature of people. They want what they cannot have, and knowing that, they seek ways to find themselves superior."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 07, 2014, 01:40:30 am »

Elvira sighed and walked over to Noel. Poking him with the butt of her lance, she raised an eyebrow at him.

"When are you going to learn to behave around the members of my guard? Josephine has been through a lot today and I think she alone proves that the so called common people are not at all common. They each have their strengths, and she's right. Without them, we nobles would be nothing. They deserve your respect, or at the very least, Josephine does. She fought well today when she didn't need to. Her bravery shows that she and her village have a lot to be proud of."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 07, 2014, 01:47:52 am »

Noel sighed.

"...As I said to Josephine earlier, I see there is some merit in her. I wouldn't be conversing with her otherwise, my lady. Regardless, respect is to be earned, not freely given. The common people are, as I say, useful, necessary, but that does not mean I should go out of my way to learn the name of each person I pass in the street. Then again, you are Verosian. Naturally your viewpoint is going to be different from mine."

Noel turned to Josephine, to clarify his point.

"I am from Denoss, currently living in exile. The particulars are for me to know and me alone. Suffice to say my blood is noble and were I able to avenge the wrong done to me, and to my family, I would do so right now. In the meantime, I'm serving Princess Elvira until I have that strength."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 07, 2014, 01:57:14 am »

Elvira sighed and shook her head.

"I hoped and still hope that the time you spend with me and my people will help you change your mind on how to treat those that you are considered above in station. There is much wrong with this world, and change needs to start somewhere. I know that you have much pain in your past, but...

She trailed off. They'd had similar discussions to this in the past, and it wasn't worth talking about right now. Turning to face the group, she closed her eyes and then straightened her back and smiled at them.

"Right. It seems that we are decided on heading towards Licha then. Those of you who wish to take advantage of the armory, go ahead and do so now. Consider carefully that which you take. I wish that I could allow you more than one item, but without the Emblem, we will need as many supplies staying here as possible."

She nodded in dismissal, clearly intending them to either continue talking among themselves or to head to the armory to equip themselves for the journey. With a sigh, she went and sat on the ruined throne, staring at the gem shard she held in her hand.

"Oh Father... Mother... How I wish that you could be here to guide me...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 07, 2014, 02:06:10 am »

"I know exactly where change needs to start... and what that change will be."

Noel's voice was bitter with anger, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. He closed his eyes and released a deep breath through his nose.

"That is neither here nor there right now. I will deal with that day when it comes. With your leave, my lady, I'm going to the armory. I'm sure there's a dark tome in there somewhere that would be far better suited in my hands rather than covered in a thick layer of dust."

"If you wish to walk with me, Josephine, you may. Otherwise a guard or perhaps Jake or Garran can lead you to the armory whenever you're ready."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:07:59 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 07, 2014, 02:10:44 am »

At some point before the party leaves, Violet visits the armory and takes a second Iron Sword.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 07, 2014, 02:17:44 am »

Josephine chose to follow Noel after Elvira's words, her irritation towards his snobbishness tempered by recent facts.
Exile.
"I'll be right back."

She strode up to the throne and...well, in the most crude of terms, hugged her right there and then before withdrawing and giving her a smile. "The nation needs good people like you leading it. We're nothing without good leaders."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 07, 2014, 02:21:29 am »

With a slight smile, Elvira shook her head.

"Thank you, but I think you put too much faith in me. I'm still not really the ruler. My advisors do much of the rulings. I'm just reaching the age where they feel I can rule by myself. So... I suppose this is the time where we'll find out what kind of ruler I am. But... your words and your hug are welcome. I am glad that we found you in that village. You truly deserve to be a part of my guard."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77