Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 53766 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter One: Shattering
« Reply #660 on: June 07, 2014, 02:29:45 am »

The shaman waited patiently for the archer to finish talking to the princess. (That is, you two can take as long as you want, I'm probably going to bed soon and just wanted to get a post up, just in case. :P) Once Josephine was back, Noel led her at a brisk pace toward the armory.

"You've asked me of myself, so I feel it's my turn to ask you things. First off. Why are you so curious about me? Is it my magic, my blood, the fact that I'm foreign, or simply the fact that I'm 'new' to you the same as, say, Violet or Jake, and therefore novel to converse with?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:31:50 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 07, 2014, 03:36:02 am »

"Thank you, but I think you put too much faith in me. I'm still not really the ruler. My advisors do much of the rulings. I'm just reaching the age where they feel I can rule by myself. So... I suppose this is the time where we'll find out what kind of ruler I am. But... your words and your hug are welcome. I am glad that we found you in that village. You truly deserve to be a part of my guard."
"Your advisor is as loyal as a father is to his children, as far as I noted how he talked to you (and the gestures). And when the regency council is over when you return--it will be much better.

"...So I pretty much doubt its more of finding what kind of ruler you are but more of the finding what kind of person you are. It's...hard to explain. Intuition-sense I guess. And I'm more than honored to be part of this...journey here. I mean, we've a lot to learn but...you're innately good. "

...Just like everyone else. Developed. Though. Argh my formatting.
"I've-...to get to Noel, the trip doesn't wait, is all."

~     o     ~

"You've asked me of myself, so I feel it's my turn to ask you things. First off. Why are you so curious about me? Is it my magic, my blood, the fact that I'm foreign, or simply the fact that I'm 'new' to you the same as, say, Violet or Jake, and therefore novel to converse with?"
Josephine gave him a curious and amused look.

"You're a person, silly. That's very different from it all, yet its all of what you said in the same."
A tad bit vaguely philosophical there.
"And by that, I'm concerned."
Guh.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 07, 2014, 04:55:50 am »

:"Go on!"
"I used to be live in a village near a forest. Most of the people there were hunters or farmers. One day, a squad of soldiers arrived and consripted most of the younger, able men, including me, to fight some bandits roaming the forest on the outskirts of the village. On our first attempt at attacking the bandits, they easily drove us back. When we returned to the village, one of the hunters then helped us make a plan for defeating the bandits. The next day, we ambushed the bandits at range where they couldn't fight back, before taking advancing upon whatever bandits were left. As a result of a job well done, the whole squad received a promotion, and we were stationed at the capital as guards. It's been four years since that happened, and due to my dedication to my job, I've received a promotion to Royal Guard since then. That's my whole story, more or less. Sorry if I went on for too long."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 07, 2014, 05:07:27 am »

"I didn't mean to be privvy bu-but..alright then."

She looked at her steed and nervously raised her right arm, looking at it in the eye.

"Hi George..."
The white Pegasus stretched out his neck and nuzzle the hand for a moment. Then something wet went across it.
:"He must really like you, he never lick on the first time before."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 07, 2014, 05:16:05 am »

"...Because I'm 'a person'?"

Noel rubbed his right temple with the tips of the first two fingers of his right hand. That didn't make any sense to him. People didn't care about people merely because they existed. They cared about people because they had some sort of motivation, ulterior or not - a familial bond, or a common goal or belief.

"Very well, moving on. You are an archer, likely a hunter by trade. Why learn magic, let alone dark magic?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Jake came a little while after and walked up to the princess.

I've sent the warning to keep an eye out for odd stuff as you requested. They'll take any result directly to you or the minister. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to the armory.

He went to the armory and grabbed an Iron Knife. He checked its balance as a throwing weapon and concealed it under his robe. He noticed Violet, Josephine and Noel there.

Noel, can you find what you need here? I thought books belonged in the libraries.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:09:12 am by Solymr »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 07, 2014, 08:55:42 am »

:"He must really like you, he never lick on the first time before."
Josephine patted George's snout, wearing an amazed expression. "But I've only met him twice. Back in the village and...here. He's a pretty; pretty nice fellow. I-erm, no offense but did you teach him all this? I'm feeling a 'no' there.

"Oh! And I forgot to ask you back at the inn. What brings you around these places?"

In the Armory...
"Very well, moving on. You are an archer, likely a hunter by trade. Why learn magic, let alone dark magic?"
"Less of 'because I can' and more on...well, it's an innate feeling. Err, something like mystique, but not nebulous. Um. I mean, magic is...alluring? It--um, I have a certain feeling whenever I'm near it. Like when I'm near you I feel slightly distressed but courageous...like. Exulted, but tempered? More...curious? It's like most natural emotion is heightened around you. When I'm near Kosko, I feel..err, this one is hard to describe. Sheltered? Isolated? Guarded? It's not protected though. But something like that.

"Well, I mean the feeling. It's something I want to study, and not just learn. Something I want to understand."

She looked at Jake and waved at him.

"Noel accompanied me here, and he's in search of not just any book, but one related to his artform. One related to combat and teaching. Those aren't kept in libraries, I believe."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 07, 2014, 09:33:02 am »

The poor man! He must have been wounded quite badly, for his voice to be shaking as much as it was. But since he was clearly trying to be strong in the Princess' time of need, Violet decided not to call attention to it.
: "So you have been in battle before, then? You seem very used to it, while I still feel sick. Are you a soldier, or a knight perhaps?"

Barthus looked off the side nervously.

"Well uh... No. I am a great and noble blacksmith of Arup! I am on a quest for... A quest for... Well hrmm... Now how do I put this... well... uh...Women! Yes! I am on a quest for womenfolk! None of the fine young ladies at home would take me because of my... uh... Manliness! Yes! That's righ! All the women back home wanted demure pretty men who wear robes... Dressy things... Why do they always bathrobes and dresses and er... Men who gallivant in the night! I never could quite understand them, but I never could understand women in the first place. I was too busy in the forge surrounded by fire, hammering things with my arms of steel!

: "GWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 07, 2014, 09:56:47 am »

Violet suppressed the urge to take a step back at the man's outburst. Barely.
: "That is...an unusual goal for a quest.But tell me, have you talked to many women before? I find it rather difficult to believe that not a single one is looking for a, um, manly person such as yourself."
She had no way of knowing for sure, but she suspected that the man's...enthusiasm had been his downfall on at least one occasion.
: "Oh dear, where are my manners? My name is Violet, of Elmdden. Since I assume you will be traveling with us, may I know your name?"
She held out a hand to shake.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:59:30 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

I guess those books that cause things to explode would be here, yes. Probably under a lock...

Jake picked the lock on a nearby chest and opened it. He pulled out a dusty black book.

Maybe something like this? There's more locked chests if this isn't the one you're looking for.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 07, 2014, 10:53:18 am »

: "No handshakes here dearie! Barthus here is a hugger! It's good to see another one from Elmdden!"

Ignoring the hand entirely, Barthus wrapped his arms around Violet. Or at least he tried to. He quickly realized that his armor was not designed for the purpose of hugging. The best he really managed was getting one arm around her back and patting it ineffectually. He made a mental note in his head. Tweak armor to allow for hugs.

: "Yes and no. I mostly just sort of... Hrmm... Keep to meself if you know what I mean. To forge a blade of true worth, it takes dedication! Dedication that... gah blasted words... It takes dedication that doesn't leave much time to be social I suppose. I enjoyed talking to the customers I suppose... But... Oh I don't know. Anyways, that is why I am on this quest! To find me a woman and... Oh I don't know."
BIRDS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 07, 2014, 11:37:23 am »

: "!!"
She very much disliked it when people touched her like that, without asking permission. Especially something so sudden! She disentangled herself as gracefully as she could and stepped back.
: "Well, um, it is a pleasure to meet you Barthus. If you'll excuse me I must go to the armory. Prepare for the journey, you know..."

She walked away a little more quickly than normal, and entered the armory. She spent some time searching for a weapon that she could wield effectively before settling on a sword that seemed to be the twin of the one Jake gave her. And speak of the devil! Noel and Josephine entered soon after, followed by Jake. She gave the spy(?) a little wave when she heard his voice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 07, 2014, 11:48:58 am »

:"Sounds like you're quite the competent soldier, then! Probably the best way to get into a journey like this. Myself, I'm just a commoner turned priest, but figure I should help. I'm going to head to the armory before we leave... And, hmm, maybe some stables if I can find them."
Grab a sword from the armory, look for stables.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Noel, can you find what you need here? I thought books belonged in the libraries.

"It is true that they do, but the library here only keeps books on theories and discussions of magic. The actual dangerous books are kept here, safely locked away from the hands of people who might attempt to use them without knowing better and end up doing themselves severe harm. A bit annoying at times, but I suppose it keeps the waitstaff alive."

Noel perused the books as Josephine talked.

"Less of 'because I can' and more on...well, it's an innate feeling. Err, something like mystique, but not nebulous. Um. I mean, magic is...alluring? It--um, I have a certain feeling whenever I'm near it. Like when I'm near you I feel slightly distressed but courageous...like. Exulted, but tempered? More...curious? It's like most natural emotion is heightened around you. When I'm near Kosko, I feel..err, this one is hard to describe. Sheltered? Isolated? Guarded? It's not protected though. But something like that.

"Well, I mean the feeling. It's something I want to study, and not just learn. Something I want to understand."

"I can understand wanting to further one's knowledge."

Though I frankly have no idea what she means about being around me or Kosko. I hope that this woman isn't harboring some romantic interests in me, for her own sake if nothing else. As for the monk the man is clearly insane but he could be worse.

After a bit of searching, he found a book almost exactly like the one he was currently holding and took it. Noel takes Worm.

"I didn't actually expect to find any dark magic here. It's not the sort of thing people keep lying around."

The shaman turned back to Josephine.

"Very well. If you truly wish to learn from me, I'll consider it. We'll discuss the details later."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 07, 2014, 12:36:37 pm »

: : "Oh yes... Quite weapons. I mean... WEAPONS GOOD! Pick a sharp one for me! GWAHAHAHAA!!"

: "..."

: "I think that went well."
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77