Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 90

Author Topic: BoundWorlds: An action-adventure game with an insanely powerful level editor  (Read 146927 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: BoundWorlds Reborn (Open alpha)
« Reply #450 on: November 25, 2017, 04:49:22 pm »

Are you setting a Vision Distance?  I generally go with vision distance 256, and horizontal and vertical spread both to 45.

Flying through the roof should only be possible if you set a Sky Hole gate.  Unless it's a bug that occurs when passing between sidescrolling and top-down areas.

You might want to set a Maximum Altitude.  Otherwise you will be able to fly infinitely high.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 25, 2017, 04:50:46 pm »

I’ll try that. Thanks.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 25, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »

Having a bit of an issue with objects duplicating themselves when I move them and refusing to delete properly. The issue should be fairly visible in the second hall of worlds room (alongside my very questionable placeholder rhyming).

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 25, 2017, 09:57:11 pm »

Oops, that fixed it. I had Vision Distance set to -1, figuring it would make it infinite. New problem. Seem to be having some problems with my normal avatar occasionally going on autopilot immediately after I play them, but not reliably.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 26, 2017, 12:27:56 am »

Having a bit of an issue with objects duplicating themselves when I move them and refusing to delete properly. The issue should be fairly visible in the second hall of worlds room (alongside my very questionable placeholder rhyming).

I see... I'm going to have to fix that.  In the meantime, it seems to be caused by having a sprite with "set to grid" checked and moving it off the grid... If you uncheck that and place new sprites they shouldn't have that issue.

Oops, that fixed it. I had Vision Distance set to -1, figuring it would make it infinite. New problem. Seem to be having some problems with my normal avatar occasionally going on autopilot immediately after I play them, but not reliably.

Looks like some of their techniques still have AI active.  Set "maximum frames before checking for targets" to -1 to disable AI.

Actually, since switching sprites is now a thing it probably makes sense to just have a variable that disables all AI.  I'll make one.

EDIT: That's done.

Whisperling, your issue is actually that there are two classes with the same ID, both are called "sign".

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:14 am »

Thanks. That should solve it.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 26, 2017, 10:50:49 pm »

Two things: One. On the two sign ID thing, I would guess that Whisperling suffered from a glitch that occurs when you copy a basic package item. Sometimes, they won't change IDs to be different.
Two. Could a way to add a dialogue name over the dialogue box be added? Having two characters can make it difficult to understand who is talking. In other words, like this.
______
|NAME|
----------------------------------------------------|
|Text                                                            |
|                                                                  |
|                                                                  |
-----------------------------------------------------

It would also work if you put the name box elsewhere, it is just really messing me up, and I have no clue how I would go about doing that.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 26, 2017, 11:42:56 pm »

Ah, that makes sense.  I've actually been considering ways to make text boxes more clearly linked to the speaker, maybe even small text that pops up over a character when you go near them.  There already is an option for different colors and fonts.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 26, 2017, 11:45:13 pm »

I saw colors and fonts (although now I just use sans serif for everything to make it more readable), but they aren’t quite as clear, and I prefer black and white for its readability.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 26, 2017, 11:49:31 pm »

Hey so this is awesome. Just checking it out now, not sure if you guys have addressed this or not considering its still WIP, but can you not move between rooms yet? Could just be a product of using Safari--just curious if it's a browser problem or the feature just hasn't dropped yet!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2017, 11:50:18 pm »

You can move between rooms. What is happening when you try?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 26, 2017, 11:51:18 pm »

my avatar disappears and I lose all control over the game.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 26, 2017, 11:52:30 pm »

Huh. Must be a Safari issue or an issue with a specific room or something. Do you have Chrome by any chance?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 26, 2017, 11:53:28 pm »

I do, I read that it's tested on Chrome, just wanted to make sure before I jumped onto my alternative browser. I'll try it again on there.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 26, 2017, 11:54:40 pm »

Okay. It works on Chrome for me, so I would recommend trying it.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 90