Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42604 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2014, 11:03:04 am »

Jorund seemed especially pleased by this.

"OK! We talk."

There was a bench nearby, but the giant elected to sit on the ground instead, knowing full well what his bulk usually did to furniture. He looked up at Colt expectantly, waiting to hear what he had on his mind.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

Colt chuckled a bit and lowered himself to the ground as well. Leaning up against the wall, his head rested looking skyward.

: "Well, first take a good look upwards. See all those stars? When I was a kid, I used to go outside and just stare at them all night long. It's kind of comforting to know that they haven't changed, even after all this time..."

He cocked his head a bit.
: "Ya know... I bet your sister is looking at these stars right now too."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 21, 2014, 12:18:13 pm »

"Maybe. Hope Idonia OK."

Jorund wasn't much for astrology. The stars were pretty, sure, but they didn't get the fields plowed or the horsies fed, and they sure didn't prevent bad things from happening. Still, his mother had always told all her children that if they didn't have anything nice to say, they shouldn't say anything at all, and Jorund did his best to abide by that rule.

"Windy man have favorite star?"

It seemed like a good question. Colt did seem to like to look at them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 21, 2014, 12:54:47 pm »

: "Heh... That's a good question. I suppose that bright star up there, the Northern Star is my favorite. It's a constant in the sky; there isn't a night where you can't see it. I've heard that sailors can use it to navigate at sea when they are lost without a compass."

Colt frowned and closed his eyes in thought.
: "To tell you the truth... I really don't pay them much heed on a daily basis. Maybe one day but... Really I'm only fascinated in how they sort of tend to stick around. There are some things in this world that just don't change. Stars are only one of many. Take this for instance..."

Holding his hand out before him, he made a few complicated signs with his fingers. With in moments, a stream of green Wind energy was swirling about his hand.
: "Magic has always been looked at dubiously by anyone outside of it. Most common people fear it, because either they don't understand it or they don't have the aptitude for learning it. Mages don't have the time to explain their arts to others either, mostly because they are usually too busy trying to learn how to use it for themselves. To get good at spell casting, you have to spend weeks working on the same material over and over until you get it right. It doesn't exactly leave a lot of time for practicing social graces..."

"Then there is the whole factor of money. If you can't afford to buy a tome, then learning magic, especially in Eferia, is next to impossible. Tomes contain the spark for magic, but they require a steady hand and an even mind to waft that spark into a fire that one perceive as a spell. You can try to perform a spell without a tome, but the process is painful and requires a sage's worth of experience to go off of. Newcomers and hobbyists may as well forget the matter entirely. If we're proud of our art, it's because of all the work we have to put into making it right. You don't get good at magic overnight, even if you have an affinity for it."

He grinned wryly in reflection.
: "Really though it's only due to chance and my own stupidity that I became a mage at all... But I think that is a story for another time. I've probably just about chewn your ear off. You ready to go inside big guy?"
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 21, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

Jorund nodded. He understood what Colt was getting at.

"Magic sound like wild horsie. Have to catch it, tame it, work with it. Make friends."

Colt suggested going inside.

"Up to you. Night air fine, but Jorund will come with."

Unlike most people, Jorund wasn't scared of the dark.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 21, 2014, 01:26:57 pm »

Rising up, Colt dusted himself the best he could of dust.

: "Yeah... I think I've cooled off a bit. My skull is gonna be wanting to crack tomorrow morning though. But, if I am going to be waking up somewhere with a headache, it may as well be in a proper bed. I would bet that we'll be marching off sometime soon."

In a few paces, he was at the door. Then he remembered something.
: "Also, Jorund... Before I forget. You don't have to call my "windy man" anymore. My name is Colt."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »

Jorund laughed.

"Sorry! Jorund not good with names. Promise to try though."

"Good night. Jorund stay up a little longer."

The giant got to his feet a little slowly and stretched. He was strong, true, but it still took him a bit to move his bulk around. He headed back inside and walked back to the bar, to lean on it and look around.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 21, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »

Einar walked up the stairs sighing. Of course I know she misses home. But I can't do anythin to fix that. So I'm tryin to help by distractin her and helpin her think positavely. 'Sides he's a jackass, don't need to listen to him. As he got near his door, he considered going and finding Halldora again, but decided against it, and just went inside to go to bed.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 21, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »

: "Heh... Alrigh' then, suit yourself. Just don't stay out too late, alrigh'?"

Colt followed Jorund inside as well, taking a look around the bar as he went. Einar was already long gone. Cidney might have been lurking about, but he wasn't about to make sure. After his own "dramatic" outburst, Colt wasn't sure if he wanted to take the time to explain everything to Cidney. The fact that he had let his roots slip at all was embarrassing enough without going into details.

As he began his journey up the stairs, he only had one question for himself. Just which room was his own again?
BIRDS.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 21, 2014, 09:21:22 pm »

Cidney, as it happened, was snoring loudly on the interval between the flights of stairs. One hand gripped a mug, empty, and the other one rested near his knife. He didn't seem to be having a good dream, though, from his facial contortions and twitching hands, which probably explained why the staff had been hesitant to try and move the burly bushman. Snatches of speech could be heard between the inhalations, all the more audible for their quiet.

"...sner-KRRRK...no, no, no' for ya...krrrrRRKRKRKKRKRK...no' that way mate...snaaa-KRAKLLLKRR...Theryl, don't..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 22, 2014, 03:37:25 am »

It is now morning.

Eleonore was early this day, eagerly anticipating the arrival of Asoth... or at least some kind of messenger from him. She was sitting at an empty table with mug of milk in front, when she heard footsteps and creaking of the stairs - she turned her head around to see one of her companions...

"Good morning. Can you wake up the rest? Especially the heavy drinkers... hangover or not, I want us to be ready to go any minute."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 22, 2014, 03:43:04 am »

Meanwhile Einar was waking up in his room with a moderate headache. It wasn't the worst headache he'd ever had, but he'd also not be exactly happy for a bit. Muttering under his breath, he rested his head in his hands for a few minutes. He knew water would help but for now he figured sitting down would be good.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 22, 2014, 06:56:56 am »

: "Ugh..."

Colt was lying on the floor, the sun beating his face like a troll. Apparently he never quite made it to his bed.
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:23 am »

"OK. Jorund will."

The giant immediately turned around and went back upstairs, pausing to shake the sleeping Cidney awake as he passed him on the stairs. He went to Einar's room first and found the archer awake in a chair.

"Important lady wants us downstairs."

He spoke quietly since the archer looked like he was suffering like some of his army friends did after a night of drinking. He proceeded to everyone's room, informing them in turn, and finally ended at Colt's room, where he found the mage on the floor.

"Important lady wants us downstairs. Colt OK to walk? Jorund can carry if feel bad."

The giant's offer was sincere.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 22, 2014, 09:17:47 am »

Colt groaned. He wasn't a fan of this whole 'hangover' business.
: "No... No... I should be fine. Just give me a bit..."

BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 79