Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42602 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2014, 05:20:56 pm »

Colt's face contorted with surprise, followed by distinct annoyance.
: "I never said I was better t'an anyone else here. That said, I'll say it now. I am better than you. You wanna know why I'm better than you? A fine question. Where do I start? For one, you're toady hippocrite who can't keep his facts straight. By my wreckoning I've dun nothing wrong in defending my honor from self-righteous dogs such as yourself."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »

Einar shook his head.

"Give me one example of me bein a hypocrite. Don't quite see how bein an ass makes you better'n me even if I was a hypocrite. Yer just like any of us 'cept you've got some sorta attitude where yer always actin superior. 'Sno wonder Halldora likes me better."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2014, 06:06:41 pm »

: "Just this last fight. I ask for a hand, and you spat in my face. You dare say to be on even ground when you can't even drop this petty feud to help an ol' woman? Pah! You're just like any other worm I know. Always thinkin about your own well bein and gettin tail. I see what you are after with Halldora, I won' see you ruinin her you mongrel."
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »

@Drinkers:

"Oi!" The innkeeper shouted, moving toward the table, as other patrons glanced at the loud, drunken table of quarreling lovestruck birdies.

"You guys having a problem there?" He asked, and then reached for the bottle, taking it. "Methinks you had enough of ale for now. You might wanna head off to bed if you two can't hold your liquor. Or you can continue till fisticuffs, but then I'm kickin' you out and you sleep in the alleys."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »

Cidney nodded to the innkeeper, stepping up, a stagger in his step. He was pretty flushed himself, and it was pretty obvious he was fairly drunk, but the bushman always could keep a clear head through a booze-haze, when he wanted to. He didn't particularly want to now, but it looked like he might have to.

"Look 'ere, you bloody...you bastard bloodies, you bloosy badderds, you-oh forgit it. You mugs need to settle it up and just kiss, right? Who cares who's bloody righterest or not! The lady won' be lovin' on either uv ya if you keep actin' like a buncha jumblejacks in heat. Be civil, won't ya, for cribblie's sakes! We're all we got here, in this time..."

He stumbled over to Jorund and wrapped his arms partway around the giant's shoulders, muttering quietly, before turning back to them.

"Ye've both got some points, ya know. But ye're both too stuck up your own arses to see how ye're bein' arses! Mister Nobley-City-Mago-Bloke is a real shit in the mud, and a figjam, besides! Ye're stuck here with the dirt and ya don't like it much, huh? Tough nibbles, ya bastard, we're all stuck here in da future! And as fer you, Sir Holiest-and-Thee...you need to keep it in the saddle, mate, stop tryin' to charm yer way into the poor sheila's pants. Embassa...Emraber...Right embarassing, it is, see the way you act. And don't get your carkin' shit-wipers in a knot jus' cause Mr. Nobley over here is tryin' to keep his hair all pretty. Not his fault he wasn't raised proper-like."

By the end of it, he had his arm wrapped around Colt's shoulders and his other pointing at the mage's face, having stumbled over between them, gesturing wildly the whole time.

"...'Sides, I'm thinkin' Jorund's the only bloke here what can hold his piss."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 20, 2014, 07:47:37 pm »

Colt was in no mood to be humored. Colt was just getting fired up, the alcohol fueling his already inflamed sense of honor. Throwing Cidney's arm off his shoulder, he backed away from him and took another drink for good measure anyways. Only he realized that the inn keeper took his booze. Which made him stumble when it wasn't there. Still, he was determined to make an argument.

: "Ge' off my ya lug! I was born and aised no different tha any other common man. Tha's how I know people like him when I see i'. "
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 20, 2014, 09:02:22 pm »

Jorund took one of Cidney's empty mugs, filled it and quietly gave it to Colt. To Cidney's assertion that Jorund was the only one who could hold his drink, he merely said,

"Maybe?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 20, 2014, 09:16:44 pm »

Frowning, Cidney shook his mug at Colt fiercely, leaning on the table for support.

"Pig's arse you do! You were...is...was raised in a city, weren't ya? You wasn't raised right, out in the country, where ya learn how to let your pride go."

After a second, he turned, eyes narrowed, to Einar, then.

"Least ya do most places. Where was you livin' as an ankle-biter, ya mug-ridin' horse?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 20, 2014, 09:30:58 pm »

Colt spat on the table and grabbed the mug. With a nod towards Jorund, he took a good swig.

: "Bah. You know nothing... My father was a peasant. Try to make something of yourself when all you have going for yeh is a life behind a plow, millin over your father's bones. Gaven half the choice, he'd still have me there reight behind him sowing the grain. Like a good little work mule..."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 20, 2014, 10:19:17 pm »

Einar rolled his eyes and answered the other man heatedly.

"I said I was helpin. And I did. None o' the bandits came after you, did they? Just cause I wasn't doin it fer you, don't mean I didn't do it. As for Halldora, if you think it's just about sex, yer just bein the judgemental asshole I called you. I like her. As a friend and maybe as more. But as I told her, I'm not pressurin her inta anythin. I told her how I felt and now it's up ta her. I'm not ruinin her, I'm bein kind and supportive. Helpin her and the lady. Just cause you've got a stick up yer butt and refuse ta see that there's any right way 'cept what you do don't change that."

Slamming his empty mug on the table, he stood up, glared at the man for a few seconds before tossing the Wind Tome he still carried on the table.

"There. Take yer magic back. Seems ta me you care more about that than any human being. Yer magic and yer status is all that's important to ya. Just cause you 'scaped the poor life, you suddenly think yer better, so ya cling to the things that gave you status and treat everythin else like dirt. Well have fun with that. Jackass."

He turned his back to the man and headed towards the stairs, intending to continue up them to the room he as staying in. Even in his drunken state, he knew that getting out of the situation sooner rather than later would be better for the group.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 21, 2014, 06:52:57 am »

: "You can talk all you want. But I've seen how you were talkin to her, flattering her up with compliments like you would to a pig at market that would fetch a good price. You don' even know, do you? Halldora misses Eferia dearly. Just this day, tha's all I was putting back on the shelf. Eferia this, Eferia that. The girl is homesick, yet you go about flouting nonsense like nothing is going on. She doesn't need "love" from you when she's already having enough issues as it is."

Striding up to the table, he grabbed his Wind Tome and pocketed it.
"Now, you can flap your lips all you want, but I'm tryin' to get 'er back home. If I treat you like dirt, it's because you deserve i'. Like deserves like. In the meantime, I' don' care what you have to say in the matter. You've spent my patience."

He turned towards the tavern door out and walked out of earshot of Einar, leaving only passing remark to his outback companion.
: "Cidney, I'm goin on a walk... I'll back in the mornin'."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 21, 2014, 08:15:44 am »

Jorund finished his drink and set his mug down before speaking to Cidney as well.

"Jorund go with windy man. Keep safe. Bye bye."

With that, the giant followed Colt out of the inn.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 21, 2014, 10:44:26 am »

Outside the tavern, the night air was a pleasant relief from the fetid smells of the tavern. Colt braced himself against the façade of the tavern and stood there for a moment looking up. It was a clear night; the stars were visible in the sky. He closed his eyes and let it all sink in. It wasn't soon after that he could feel the lumbering footfalls of Jorund following him.
: "You didn't have to have to follow me... I wasn't planning on going far. Not yet anyways."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 21, 2014, 10:46:18 am »

Jorund smiled bashfully. He had been trying to sneak after him and for all his size still had the appearance of a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"...Not sure if safe, night. Jorund stay by windy man. Jorund be quiet if you want."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 21, 2014, 10:49:34 am »

In spite of himself, Colt smiled a bit in return.
: "No you're fine big guy... I could use someone to talk to."
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79