Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42605 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #585 on: April 22, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »

"Yes... the name comes from the shrieks of gargoyles and screeching of giant spiders that can be heard there from time to time. Lost souls, stuck in rotting corpses can be found there as well. Not to mention a passing group or tribe of cyclopi, but that's very rare occurence."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 22, 2014, 06:38:25 pm »

: "Gargoyles are easy enough to handle. The other creatures are another matter entirely. If I had picked Fire magic instead of Wind, I wouldn't even wager to call them a problem. However..."
: "If we take the woodland path, we'll have a chance to get into the Baron's household undetected. That I imagine would be quite the advantage. Besides... The less... Living blood we shed the better. If we can get inside there and for Layverque to surrender, we might stand a change of ending this conflict quickly."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 22, 2014, 06:42:42 pm »

"Jorund not sure if want to test strength with Cyclops."

The giant sounded doubtful.

"Jorund will do what group feels best though."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:52 pm »

Halldora walks down, somewhat tired looking, still.
:"Whass goin on?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00:20 pm »

Glancing at the woman, not sure how she'd react to him after what he'd told her yesterday, Einar answered her question.

"We've been offered the chance to fight the nobles in charge of the rebellion. Which will include hitting the manor of the man most likely in control of the gem. Currently we're just discussing if monsters or men would be the better fight. Either path we take to the manor has risks. Thoughts?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 22, 2014, 09:03:23 pm »

Cidney's feet beat heavily on the stairs as he descended, and his arrival was heralded by a horrendous cracking as he stretched.

"Now that's what I call a grouse winky-dink! No bloody flap-nappers always makin' me nose itch."

The man drops weightily into a chair, annoying cheerful despite the early hour and last night's drink.

"Lived me whole life fightin' gaggies and gobbos. Them's fair-dinkum; people're trickier. Least you know when a beastie's wantin' to cark ya."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:25 pm »

Halldora certainly didn't know how to react to his earlier announcement-- she simply couldn't figure out what to do. Nonetheless, she could chip in about the path.
:"The monsters were definitely less dangerous than the bandits last two times we fought..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 22, 2014, 10:19:57 pm »

Jorund sighed heavily. Monsters scared him, but it seemed like the others were set on it.

"OK... Jorund fight beasties..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 22, 2014, 10:56:41 pm »

Colt patted Jorund on his upper back.
: "Don't worry about big guy. I think those monsters will take just one look at that ax of yours in action and start running."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 23, 2014, 12:11:07 am »

Jorund smiled at that, but only briefly. His expression quickly became mournful.

"Jorund... really... scarier than monsters?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 23, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

Colt could see he was upsetting Jorund, which was not at all his intention.
: "Erhm... That's not quite what I meant... What I mean is... You are like... Like a bear. A great big fuzzy... Bear."
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 23, 2014, 08:24:53 am »

"What Colt meant that you're so big and strong that enemies run away from you, Jorund. That's also why, err, important lady feels safe around you."

"Are you accepting Prince's proposal, then?" Eleonore turned to Altmorin, then glanced at her comrades for a moment.

"Yes, and we will be going through the Shrieking Woods."

"Very well. I will prepare two additional horses, and I will be back in a while. Do remember that there's no real path through the woods; we will be going through glades, riverbeds and swamps." The red-haired soldier saluted and left the inn.

"...And, here we are, waiting again." Eleonore grumbled quietly and emptied her mug.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 24, 2014, 10:42:38 am »

~~Chapter 2: Green and Brown~~

They didn't have to wait long. As Nerea went missing, Asoth promised to have some city guards search for her.

Within an hour, the Princess' group, led by Altmorin, was taken outside the city and then north-west, toward a foreboding forest that seemingly stretched behind the horizon. They've entered it, and the last thing they saw outside was the faint mass of people, Prince Asoth's army, marching north across the land. Whatever the outcome of the battle will be - they will learn of it no sooner than at Lavyerque's manor...

The provided horses didn't do well. The beasts clearly weren't accustomed to monster-filled forest. And while the only real signs of the monsters' activity were distant snarls and shrieks, occassionally and randomly heard through the journey, at one moment, both horses got spooked! Cidney and Halldora who were riding the two horses fell onto the ground - which welcomed them with splashing and moisture.

It was no longer a forest - it was a swamp.

"Hmph, next time, I will ask for army-trained mounts..." Altmorin grumbled in shame, helping Halldora stand up.

"We're at the last leg of our journey. This is swampy area around a leg of a stream that splits just outside Lavyerque's grounds. After we get to those hills, the ground will be dry and the forest itself will be less thinner. Baron Lavyerque is lover of nature, and keeps his manor surrounded by trees and thicket - we might have a chance to get as close as to the outer wall before anyone notices us." There was a moment of silence while Eleonore - sitting on O'Connor's wyvern - spoke up.

"Where are all these monsters you warned us about?"

"I do not know... and I don't like the fact we didn't meet any of these beasties. I would be calmer if we were past a skirmish or two."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:54:43 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 24, 2014, 12:10:46 pm »

Colt quickly went the aid of Cidney and Halldora. While they were clearly struggling, Colt was surprised at his own ease of movement. He didn't even need a horse. His feet were light upon the marshy ground, aided by his understanding of how to use magic to make his way a bit easier. After making his way over to them he outstretched his hand.

: "It should be easier for you to get about once we leave these woods. However, if the monsters haven't attacked yet; I imagine they won't ever take the chance to. We'll be out of here in a few moments."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 24, 2014, 12:17:41 pm »

"Hmmm... I wouldn't be too sure about that. The other horses had been doing just fine until now... I'd suggest people get their weapons out. I'm going to scout ahead if you don't mind, my lady."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 79