Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26129 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: a WW3 simulator (or not)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 11:22:44 am »

Additional diplomacy

Send an envoy to Switzerland, proposing trade/ defense compact, and asking that the secure our funds, and lock the Russian's.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

Switzerland. I will immediately start research on rocket skis and plasma pikes. Appropriate Swiss Bank accounts from enemies, and bolster those of allies. I order the Swiss Guards to hold the Pope hostage. I now control a good portion of the Catholics in the world. With that in mind, I ready my troops to invade France.
*slap*
My Switzerland!

Additional diplomacy

Send an envoy to Switzerland, proposing trade/ defense compact, and asking that the secure our funds, and lock the Russian's.
Pretend to be neutral in the affair, but guarantee additional security for a price.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 11:39:33 am »

Claiming China as Yellow, will have orders up as I can. ^_^
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:11:58 pm by Culise »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:10 am »

Switzerland. I will immediately start research on rocket skis and plasma pikes. Appropriate Swiss Bank accounts from enemies, and bolster those of allies. I order the Swiss Guards to hold the Pope hostage. I now control a good portion of the Catholics in the world. With that in mind, I ready my troops to invade France.
*slap*
My Switzerland!

Additional diplomacy

Pretend to be neutral in the affair, but guarantee additional security for a price.

Oh, we don't need the protection. you do. Our proposal is to protect you, while you lock the Russian funds, and join the European Confederation being formed.

Also, Invite France, Spain, the UK, and other smaller miscellaneous countries to join the EC.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 11:54:53 am »

I'll join, but only if I get to take over Belgium.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:19 pm »

*slap*
My Switzerland!

Additional diplomacy

Oh, we don't need the protection. you do. Our proposal is to protect you, while you lock the Russian funds, and join the European Confederation being formed.
Ahahahaha.

Switzerland is in dire need of protection, to be sure.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 12:13:26 pm »

Chinese Government Reaffirms Support of Principles of Territorial Sovereignty
Beijing - Earlier today, General Secretary Xi Jinping reaffirmed statements in support of Ukrainian territorial integrity.  He also expressed official regret that the the Chinese government's Russian friends found it necessary to enter Crimea to secure the safety of the Russian plurality in the region, and stated his hope that a peaceful solution would yet be found.  Rumours of Russian troop movements along Ukraine's northern border and the Pripyat Marshes near the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, however, make any hope of such a peaceful solution unlikely to be found. 

Chinese Diplomats in Intense Negotiations in Central Asia
Astana - Senior Chinese diplomatic officials have flown into Kazakhstan and Mongolia today for diplomatic meetings with the governments of these nations.  Reputed to be held at the highest levels of government, the official content of these meetings has not been made public, but it is widely rumoured to be linked to the recent Russian actions in the Ukraine as well as the status of Russian minorities in these nations as well. 

Chinese Banks Begin Diversification, Anti-Corruption Initiatives Announced As Economic Crisis Looms
Beijing - The Chinese Politburo has made an unprecedented statement regarding the economic health of the country earlier this week.  Intense debate was reported to have been conducted surrounding the so-called "ghost cities" of Inner China, which have been declared as symptomatic of a new economic bubble in housing and construction.  New, broad measures have been put into effect in order to safeguard against a potential economic crisis, and a new anti-corruption initiative had been declared at all levels of government, following on to the investigations into Bo Xilai's misconduct last year.  It is widely rumoured that these measures are being taken as a way for General Secretary Xi Jinping to secure authority in his person. 

China Orders - General Secretary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:15:34 pm by Culise »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 12:14:21 pm »

*slap*
My Switzerland!

Additional diplomacy

Can we share? You wouldn't have thought of kidnapping the Pope, that's for sure.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »

*slap*
My Switzerland!

Additional diplomacy

Can we share? You wouldn't have thought of kidnapping the Pope, that's for sure.
Why would we kidnap the Pope? He has no power.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 12:16:41 pm »

OOC: Not to mention that the Swiss Guard is sworn to the Pope's service, not Switzerland. ^_^

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 12:21:00 pm »

*slap*
My Switzerland!

Additional diplomacy

Why would we kidnap the Pope? He has no power.
Influencing the Catholics of the world seems like power to me.

Oh well, I'll back off and take Israel. I begin surgical strikes to capture Iran's nuclear arsenal, and begin a campaign against Pakistani bombing groups, but otherwise leave Pakistan alone.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 12:23:10 pm »

I move to annex the widely catholic community of Ireland. Easier to kidnwp the pope that way.
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 12:23:36 pm »

I shall be all 3 Baltic republics at once , muahaha! With a combined GDP of not quite a hundred billion dollars, and an army of over a dozen tanks and infantry divisions we shall rule the world in no time!
Color: any shade of green not yet taken.
Spoiler: family portrait (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »

Friend Computer? To where shall we send funds for the construction of Alpha Complex?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 12:55:16 pm »

Baltic State Orders

Internal Affairs
Today in snowy Riga the 3 Baltic republics of Lithuania, Latvia and Eesti (yes, we will spell it like that, all your names already sound like their English translations. Now, stop distracting and let me work the teletype) have inexplicably decided to join into a massive super-state called the Free Federal Republic of the Baltic State and Eesti ( That's it, now Berzins will type ). Baltic Times predicts reaching the regional super power state within the decade ( Well they didn't predict it won't happen, so... shut up. )

Foreign Affairs

The Baltic State graciously extends it's allegiance to the EC, while retaining it's membership in the EU (and NATO!) and NATO. It also decares (yes, yes alright), under protest from Lituania, declares it's designs on the traditionally Baltic lands of the Pihkva, currently know by it's Russian bastardized name as Pskov Oblast.

War in the Ukraine
Support the anti-Russian rebels. Denounce Crimean rebels. Send no troops or aid.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23