Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I cheat and change a reaction so we can make an anvil and thus turn moods back on?

Nah, we can do without inane items, even if it'd be amusing to see you rage over amulets.
- 7 (24.1%)
Sure, seems a little wanting without chaos/Emprah driven inspiration poping up out of nowhere.
- 22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Community Settlement! [Deader than dead, save lost]  (Read 23725 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Mod Community Fortress, now in progress!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 05:35:17 am »

::<date_missing>::
>DISPLAY LOG::PLAY::

What does the little indicator indica-- Oh! It's working!

Uhh... Wow. I never thought I'd get this damned thing working. But then again, I never thought I'd KILL A GROX WITH NOTHING BUT MY DRILL!! *high-pitched squee-ing follows for the next six seconds* ...Oh, and Artyom helped a lot too. He's really good with that drill... Gah! NO! NO! DELETE DELETE DELE--

::11th Ferrus, 127::

So THAT'S where you input the date... Ok. There's that.
So now we have enough meat to feed everyone for a good while, praise Annuculus. Some of it's got a bit of metal residue in it, but that just adds to the flavour! Metals have SUCH a sharp tang to them... Delicious!

::19th Russ, 127::

*There is sobbing for the first ten seconds*

Sorry, little dataslate... but I found some of that rubble in the mines. I saw it and had to run and hide... I don't wanna end up like Ki. Back when I was seventeen, my older brother Ki killed himself by grinding the rubble to dust and inhaling it. That left just me... Mum and Dad were killed in a mining accident, and I never knew any other family members... but I loved Ki. But now there's only me. Vereshyyn Damara, last of the Damara family...

*The sobbing resumes for the remainder of the log*

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 06:11:21 am »

OOC: Just out of pure interest, what's the current layout of Angel Abbey? Do we have any rooms and beds, or do we just camp out under the ash rain?

19th Russ, 127

Today had not been a good day.

With the discovery of toxic rubble amongst good, honest plascrete and the fact that they didn't yet have assess to safety gear in order to even attempt to dig further, mining operations of what was once a stairway had been brought to almost a complete stand still. While all things considered it could have been a great deal worse of a situation, no matter how you looked at it it was still a pretty big setback.

Still, the fact that Vereshyyn had bolted the moment that the toxic rock had been unearthed worried him greatly. Over the last few months, Artyom had become close to Vereshyyn (Fighting together against that Grox had been a real bonding experience) and the fact that she had taken off without a word was an ill sign. Since Valan had been made aware that mining had stopped and why, the former adept now had a little free time on his hands to go and see if he could find his friend and sister in arms.

Trusting that she wouldn't go to far from the Abbey in case something tried to eat her, Artyom started to hear the sound of someone crying shortly after his search began. Following the noise to its source, he politely tapped on a nearby piece of (thankfully non toxic) rubble before entering the area completely, taking a seat next to the crying woman. "Hey..."
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2014, 02:53:26 pm »

OOC: Just out of pure interest, what's the current layout of Angel Abbey? Do we have any rooms and beds, or do we just camp out under the ash rain?

As it stands, it's "pick a spot to crash out." I don't know how much wood we have left and don't have much in the way of cloth to make any metal frame cots or bedrolls. If we have enough I'll manage a communal dorm on the level below the bar/dining hall. As to layout...

First level, with depot, receiving bay, fields, fortified entry(kinda,) and scrap metal walls.

Second level, industrial area more or less, as well as seed stocks.

Third used level, two levels below our crude industrial base. Holds our water purification center, low level furniture/crafts production, and the settlement watering hole.

Water storage, as well as where our eventual hab block.

Food storage and preparation. As it says, this is where regular use ends. Below is essentially mining only and is unfortunately laden toxic rubble.

EDIT: Walsh is as good as dead. I forgot to disable moods and with no anvil there's no forge for him to claim. Apparently he planned on making some kind of armor out of lead. As I have little desire to bury anyone right now I may just destroy the body and make a head stone set up somewhere out of the way to avoid a ghost. Thankfully he has no lover and is only a friend of Valen and Artyom. Shame though, woulda got a legendary armorer out of it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2014, 05:46:01 pm »

::24th Jagatai, 127::
>DISPLAYLOG::PLAY::

Well we have us a good day today! Komodo volunteered to work the breaker station and Elira to lead a team who'll be ever ready to mix things up by applying good ol' fashion blunt force trauma! Heh, I can't say I envy them though. Killin' a man up close is never easy, not at first anyway. Especially with a hammer. Human head can take a few more hits than one could expect actually.

But... There's another thing. Walsh has been acting... Funny.

It seems like Xavier has just withdrawn from society, hiding over by the still. I dunno what it means but he won't speak to even me or Artyom.

::9th Corvus, 127::

Finally got a respirator made for Komodo and he's started having at the ore and waste, breaking away the useless bits and leaving the good stuff behind. Got some hammers made and with a little luck we'll have enough steel made as well to make a few more autoguns and maybe a pistol or two, and some bayonets to go with the autos. Then we'll just need some bullets to go with them.

::13th Corvus, 127::

Someone – I think it was Artyom, might've been Ivan or Angus – told me that we now have a space to call a public dorm. Once we , y'know, have some cots or bedrolls to put in. It'd certainly be a nice change of pace from sleeping on the bare floor or under our old cargo truck.

Artyom also dug out spaces to put the dead, citing that he doesn't like the odd look in Walsh's eye. We're both worried he'll snap soon, for whatever reason it is making him act funny. Anyway, he told me since he doesn't have any pending projects that can be done at present and due to our need of equipment, he's begun sifting through the salvage we have. Jensen also told me that we now have an astounding two whole autoguns to work with now! With a little more steel we may actually even manage a third with the parts Artyom salvaged and even some decent stabby bits. Better than nothing I suppose, right? And Tanner's taking over furnace duty from Walsh.

::5th Horus, 127::

<Detected Voice: Operator> GET HIM OFF DONOVAN! FOR THE EMPEROR'S SAKE CALM HIM DOWN!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male>It's alright Don, get behind me. Walsh, what the fuck is wrong with you! Why the hell is he screaming!?

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male> IT ISN'T FAIR!!! WHY COULDN'T IT BE DONE!? WHY COULDN'T YOU GIVE ME THE TOOLS I NEEDED! WHY!? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male>

<Detected Voice: Operator> Cobra, pin him down! Steven, go, run! Luthor get Komodo and Elira, NOW!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> Just put the knife down Walsh, please, I don't want to- AAA!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male>  GET AWAY FROM ME YOU WITCH!!! ITS YOUR FAULT IT COULDNT BE DONE TOO!

<Sound Detected: Falling mass>

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male> HOW DAARE YOU TOUCH ME WITH YOUR FILTHY WITCH HANDS!!! I'LL KILL YOU FOR THIS!!!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> OW!!! MOTHER FUCKER!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male> Damn it Walsh, what in the hell is- AUGH!!!

<Sound Detected: Falling mass>

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> Off him now! Out of the way!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male>  *Unintelligible*

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> Hold him down!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> Quite squirming you little shit!

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male> Got him! 

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> Sorry Walsh, nothing personal!

<Sound Detected: Orthopedic Fracture>

<Detected Voice: Unknown, female> Ah jeeze... That.... That's a lot of brains...

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male> You ok Valen? Cobra?

<Detected Voice: Unknown, male> Y-yeah... I... Fuck that hurt... Got me in the balls pretty good... Hey, has anyone seen my- Oh, there it is, nevermind

<Sound Detected>

Well my little friend, I suppose you heard that. Walsh just flipped the hell out and... Nng, well, he's at peace now. Knocked out one of Cobra's canines and put his foot to my sack... Fuckin'... Anyway, Elira made it quick... Such as it was. Scared the shit out of Donovan and Steven. Guess that room Artyom made as a precaution was a well thought out one.

::10th Horus, 127::

Well, so far Artyom has managed to direct his low spirits over Walsh dying to his job. H'es found not only a set of tools, but two servo motors, one mini, one large, a working power cell, intact circuit board, and a useable autogun spring. But he also found what looks like a coffin, and inside that he found what looks like a piece of armor, though what sort exactly even he doesn't know. Quite mysterious if you ask me.

Ok, so we lost The Master (he went berserk if you didn't notice,) and Elira gave him the death blow after a page and a half of Cobra and Valen wailing on him with their autoguns and Cobra getting her tooth knocked out. We have a few items of real use, found several more cases all exceptional quality, and got numerous working odds and ends out of some of the junk. Overland defenses are slowly but surely being raised using the scrap metal blocks which are presumably  just old and otherwise junk pipes and corroded sheet metal. Also found something called a “mysterious armor piece,” so I'm quite curious as to what it is.

Anyways, hope you like this little shorty!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 05:57:06 pm »

Ok, so we lost The Master (he went berserk if you didn't notice,)

Not again...

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »

Knowing The Master from other forum threads, this is quite apropriate.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:22:30 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »

Woohoo! A new record! I'll think of another even more insane character shortly!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:21:48 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2014, 09:32:50 pm »

Oh boy... I'm sorry I haven't done anything with you lately, but... *sigh* I haven't exactly been in the mood to talk about what happened up till now.

Walsh... started acting about weird two months ago, withdrawing from everyone and refusing to speak to anyone. When I went to see if I could find out what was happening I heard him... whispering to himself. He kept repeating over and over again about a list of things that he needed and a place to put it all together. I'm not quite sure what he planned to build or if the strange mood that came over him was the work of a Saint or Daemon but all that came second to the fact that the Abbey lacks the forges that his bewitched plans required. Each time he went through his whispered list, he seemed to be getting slightly more angry then before...

Unable to help Walsh and starting to get very worried about what was going to happen when he simply couldn't take the strain of whatever was in his mind trying to get out, I dug out the closest thing to a graveyard that I could. A month later Walsh completely lost his mind and starting attacking people. Thankfully the worst injury he was able to dish out was knocking out one of Valan's teeth, but Walsh got his head smashed in by Elira. I don't blame her for what she had to do and I'm glad that she made it quick. Walsh deserved that much.

That was a few days ago and I admit that I've been throwing myself into my job in order to try and power through it. Since both of us were worshipers of Saint Argentum Meus I'm sure that Walsh understands. He also gave praise to Saint Ora Murusora, to whom I know very little. I asked around and it seems that Walsh was the only one that worshiped her.

Anyway, I found a coffin amongst the salvage... its timely discovery alone put me on edge, but when we looked inside to find some sort of piece of armor that I've never seen before. I admit that armor really isn't my field... ironically that was Walsh's field, but something about the timing of this discovery... Something is watching us. I'm not sure if it is the Emperor, one or more of the Saints or something unholy that has plans for us, but something is watching us.

I'm going to speak to Valan again about that idea for a chapel to the Emperor. Maybe when we have the resources we'll build individual shrines for the other saints but right now I'll just feel a hell of a lot better if we had chapel for the Emperor to bless Angel Abbey. I'll talk with Leyah and Vereshyyn about this as well... maybe everyone else too. See what their thoughts on the matter are.  I'll also recommend that for the time being we keep that piece of armor somewhere safe and on its own... at least until we have a better idea about what in the wrap it really is. I don't want it anywhere near anyone if it can be helped. 

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »

::5th Horus, 127::

You hear the sounds of a loud feminine snoring, this continues on for about half an hour before the data slate cuts out

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:31 pm »

Alright, here is a goal that I want to see if anyone else wants to try. Creating a Chapel for the God Emperor and all the Saints that our characters worship. Each Saint gets their own shrine that connects to the main chapel. Thoughts?

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2014, 01:27:10 am »

::8th Horus, 127::

Ah, there we go.

I was tol' I had to do one of these stupid logs since Walsh got off'd, the others say it's to help with my mind an what not.
So here I am, wierd cus I was plannin to do one a few days ago, but I can't seem to find the dang thing no where.

So yeah....Walsh lost his bolts, saw it comin, I saw the signs, but there was nothin I could do for the poor guy.

Dunno bout none of the others but I heard these stories from my pa, and him from his pa and so on, bout what got Walsh so good.
They called it the Craftsmans Curse, though I still reckon it's more of a challenge.
No one knows where it comes from, or how it spreads such like a disease as it does.
Most likely it's something from one or maybe all of those fell unspeakables.
Most times people who got hit by it didn' even know they did, other times people said it was like a deep temptation, some even sayin it's like they were even being controlled by some higher power.

All I know is, I saw Walshsy's body....after he...passed.
His eyes.... The others do say he went utter crazy, but his eyes weren't those of someone mad or angry.
They were the eyes of one who didn't care bout this world no more. It was like he'd had his soul scooped out.

What scares me rightly, is that this could happen to me too.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2014, 05:15:31 am »

::15th Horus, 127::

Artyom found something rather interesting today, some masterfully well preserved mechanical parts and what appears to be, well, bolter shells! Honest to Emperor bolter shells! I wonder if that means there's a  Locke pattern one here...

Along with the actuator, whatever the hell those are, Artyom seems to think we may have stumbled upon the remains of, well, an Astartes scattered around here or something similar. We also found a set of scribe's tools in the receiving bay so we can unseal the manuscript cases he found to see what we got.

::12th Imperator, 127::

Woke up late today, found out that Artyom found a working torch so he was able to set up a dedicated assembly area. Now all he needs is that cogitator and he says his little pet project will be just about complete.

::1st Ollanius, 128::

Happy fuckin' new year, for what it's worth. Lack of cloth meant no bags to collect the sand we needed to make the bottles to run the purifier and filling stations means no pure water right now. We got some metal-frame cots though now, so there's that, and we got a drawbridge up to protect us as a precaution; Until we have some ammo we can't risk taking on whoever comes at us, so what we really need right now is bottles or a storage tank of this glurge we need to drink to survive so we can hole up. <sigh> Maybe the others are right though, we need to build a shrine or something, even if it's just to Saint Anneculus or Saint Argentum. It's certainly make me feel better at least.

We got a third autogun made today too, so I guess that's one way to mark the new year.

::21st Ollanius, 128::

Adam asked at a little get together with most of the others in the tow if he could have a few things made, namely a chair and table, and if he could have one of the dorm cots for his own. I figured we could grant that since he's been running the Abbey for a while now. Vereshyyn's been digging through the rubble at record speed, so a little place for our “glorious” leader seems reasonable.

::3rd Lionel, 128::

Donovan turned thirteen today, and there was a little celebration, such as it was. Got some bayonets made, and Vereshyyn and Artyom have gone out topside to dig out anything useful, mostly visible scrap deposits and carbon waste.

::15th Lionel, 128 - 13th Macharius::

Sighted some cargo trucks and carts out to the east. We brought a whole bunch of stuff that is of little consequence to pawn off on them, and they came dragging in some bloodflies and giant rats. Was wondering where they went, turns out they'd heard from the ratskins we were hurting for supplies so they made sure to pick up a little extra to sell us, including some much needed water, bags to collect sand and thus make bottles for the purifier, and cloth to make bedding. Glacia also scored us two boxes of autogun rounds, eighteen mags worth, and a box of shotgun rounds with fifteen mags. Lucky these guys are using the same model we are, saves us the trouble of unloading them and making new ones to fit ours. But, after the trade was done... Well, we found something, a crate with worn PDF markings with a note. Here, let me punch it innnnn.... Done. Anyone who find this, the note is under “Strange Occurrences” if you're interested.

Some of the rats and bloodflies the guards brought in to help out went to waste though. Made one hell of a stink so we had to throw'em out. Shame on that, lotta meat went to waste. Anyway, me and some of the others are gonna go have a look at the crate and Artyom's bringing his tools to open it. May be a little conceited, but I hop it'll fit me! Always wanted to look like a real soldier!

Ta da! Another late night delivery! So, we finally got some ammo! I'll be up front, I slayraced the bloodflies because they decided to pay a visit to a very busy depot to be annoying and after the ninth job cancel I got irritated, and stole an armor case. The giant rats however were solely the caravan guards' doing, and some of both critter types rotted before they could be processed.

For reference, shotgun ammo is made in stacks of 25, autogun ammo in stacks of 90. 30 round magazines are one of the norms among the underhive, and for reference during battles that I or other write up, most of our shotguns aren't some crap breech-loading double barrel models, with a five shot magazine.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2014, 08:06:28 am »

<coughing>

<quiet moaning>

...Alright, here we go. Man, this is ridiculouth. I used to break thlaves' handth when they triet to efcape but now, that Mafter guy went totally berferk and even mauled one of the hunting dogs. Valen and I managed to hold him until Elira bashed him in the head. Had a couple of my teef broken, ftill not used to it.

Defpite this athident, this Angel Abbey plafe theemf to be rather comfortable. Got to do some honest jobth here - Komodo volunteered to work at the breaker ftation, and I've been taking care of the animals. I also have thome free time to thpend with Viper. The water thituation concernth me a bit, but the community leader thayth he'f doing hith beft to tholve it.

Thome guy named Artyom gave me a thelf-made autogun. The parts are not in perfect condition, but it's ftill better then that trash I owned back in the Pit.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:53:41 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2014, 09:25:46 am »

::15th Lionel, 128 - 13th Macharius::

You know, I really have got to start making a list of everything we find out here but that would take time that I really don't have at the moment.

I admit that I'm starting to have suspicions about our current location, but I don't have any solid evidence to prove any of them at this moment in time. If we could find out more about that piece of armor that we located a while back... but that will just have to wait.

Valan's happy since the cargo trucks that arrived today have provided us with the means to finally get to use the damn purifier instead of risking the nearby river anymore! We also managed to get ourselves a few boxes of ammo, so FINALLY we can make use of those guns we've been putting together all this time. Today is a very good day for the Abbey. With the Emperors blessing our luck will continue to hold out until we're so well off we don't have to rely on it to see us through.     

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2014, 04:59:47 pm »

Right, any persons with no relatives, or any heretics yet?

Because if so, than I claim one to use a rifle in the defense of the settlement.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10