Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I cheat and change a reaction so we can make an anvil and thus turn moods back on?

Nah, we can do without inane items, even if it'd be amusing to see you rage over amulets.
- 7 (24.1%)
Sure, seems a little wanting without chaos/Emprah driven inspiration poping up out of nowhere.
- 22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Community Settlement! [Deader than dead, save lost]  (Read 23716 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Mod Community Fortress, now in progress!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »

Oh I'm sure they'll be fine. They're not exactly using the power drill in the garage toolbox after all. She and Artyom are about to go all Dead Space on that grox's ass with industrial mining drills.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 10:49:05 pm »

If said drill is the size of a Buer Drive and functions in a similar manner, then yes, they'll be fine.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »

I always imagined them in this mod as more sharp rifle-grip jackhammers or ridiculously large bitted to be honest.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »

Industrial drills in 40k might mean things like the Breacher Drill, which comes from one of the 40k RPG books. It's basically a more realistic version of the drills Big Daddies use in Bioshock.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:36 pm »

Well I know they aren't something like a big daddy's. They're multigrasp implying being lugged about on their shoulders, use some kind of harness, or they're rifle-grip. But then I'm guessing.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »

Well if they're multigrasp, then they sure as hell don't function like Buer Drives, which are spinal implants.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2014, 11:12:20 pm »

::17th Keeler, 127.::
>DISPLAY LOG::PLAY::

At some point I'm really going to have to start using you more often, but I've just been to busy lately to sit down and record anything.

When I was kicked out of the Adeptus Mechanicus it was because I was five minutes late in delivering a dataslate to a visiting techpriest. It was deemed a sign of how 'lazy and unmotivated I was' and thus they threw me out. I find this ironic due to the fact that less then a year later I seem to have become one of the most important, and thus busy people in Angel Abbey!

I locate salvage, I take apart said salvage, I put the pieces back together and it turns out I'm one of the few people here who can be trusted with killing the wildlife. As of late I've found myself annoyed by the fact that I didn't have any of my organs replaced by machinery before I was booted out of the Mechanicus since I would be able to get more done without getting tired. Sure, if any of it malfunctioned I would be completely stuffed because no one else here seems to have any talent at repairing machines but since we don't have anyone here who has the slightest idea about medical procedure or the equipment to carry it out if they did I might as well be less tired and hungry when something important fails.

I admit that the autogun situation was something of a blow. We've got all the basic parts, but we lack the recoil springs required to make the guns useable. I was able to get enough springs together to make ourselves at least one workable autogun, but since we don't have ammo for it all it does is sit there and look pretty. We were able to get a whole box of autopistol rounds thanks to a ratskin caravan, as well as some food and a couple of barrels of fresh water so at least we're not in immediate danger of staving or dehydration, which I must admit is a pretty good blessing in and of itself worth thanking the Emperor and the Saints for. I admit that having a few working guns and ammo for them would allow me to sleep a little easier at night, but considering what I found earlier today I just know in my heart that it's only a matter of time until we get them.

I was just looking for some useful bits of salvage when I found inside an old courier's case an annotated mechanical rituals manuscript! It was even in unbelievably exceptional condition! These sorts of manuscripts are kept hidden away, safe from all but the most high ranking techpriests because of how hard it is to find them; even then its rare for one to be found in this good of a condition! I have requested that the fact we have found this Manuscript remain an Abbey secret for the time being. There is a damn good chance that anyone wishing to get their hands on the Manuscript will just kill us all and take it for themselves and I want to avoid that kind of danger till we have the means to defend ourselves. Despite the dangers, this find is truly a blessing of the Omnissiah and a sign that there may be more to find here in the future.

Leyah's happy that I've become such an important figure in our little settlement. I hope I can continue to live up to her expectations...

I've heard that a feral grox has been roaming around and that me  and Verashyyn should be ready with our drills should it try to attack us... I really hope it doesn't come to that...

OOC: When I said 'What was Artyom's status', I meant has he healed from his injuries or not.

Also, I have named our last, unclaimed founder and Artyom's lover Leyah. That alright?

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2014, 11:18:35 pm »

You asked what his healing was, not his exact status. :P My bad all the same, but as far as the injury 's got a dent in his head where it bit him, but considering he was initially attacked from above it's probably hidden by his hair. And what is Leyah's last name if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if I seem insistent on first and last, it's just I'm trying to keep tabs on family lines here and need those to do so readily.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2014, 11:32:25 pm »

Oh, fair enough.

Leyah Hall. Her name is Leyah Hall.

Also, you mind giving us some info on the saints our characters believe in? I'm sure we could make up a story for them with the info the game gives us.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:25 pm »

Suppose I can do that. May as well make a post listing our saints and who reveres them. We also need to be on the lookout for anybody by the name of Vis that migrate in from world gen. He or she's a cult leader.

Saint Annuculus: Associated with rebirth, female
Worshippers in settlement: Artyom Barkov, Leyah Hall, Connor D'Shannon, Vereshyyn Damara

Saint Argentum Meus: Associated with mining, male
Worshippers in settlement: Adam Jensen, Artyom Barkov, Leyah Hall, Xavier Walsh,

Saint Turpis: Associated with muck (probably has something to do with industry so assume industry instead.) Male
Worshippers in settlement: Adam Jensen

Saint Cella: Associated with Sacrifice, female
Worshippers in settlement: Valen kalis

Saint Incindens: Associated with gambling, male
Worshippers in settlement: Valen Kalis

Saint Ora Murusora: Associated with boundries, female
Worshippers in settlement: Xavier Walsh

Saint Lapis Iuvare Color: Associated with jewels, wealth, and jealousy, female
Worshippers in settlement: Connor D'Shannon, Vereshyyn Damara

None but the Emperor: Lowe Family, Dex Family, Gull Family, Green Family

Heretics: N/A for now.

I find my choice of saints rather fitting...

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 02:09:58 am »

This sounds mighty...Interesting. Keep your eyes peeled for a flighty male immigrant, for chances are:

Enter Chase Onager:

Description:

A stubborn, somewhat shady man with a mysterious past, of a yet to be determined description that likes shooting things...IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR! No really, he'll spout praises and hymns while fighting, sometime breaking out into choir mid-battle, while shooting. Also likes smoking, because he thinks it's rather cool, and neither knows nore cares about the possible side effects (like he'll live long enough to be affected by lung cancer).

In layman's terms, I'm requesting one of these fine here heeyoomans to represent my escapades in the deep dark depths of the hive.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:21:16 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 02:33:57 am »

Can do, and welcome aboard Propman! You can wait for one with no spouse or adapt for a family if someone with autogun skill happens to show up that's married. Same goes for you DreamerGhost.

::11th Ferrus, 127. PM 2:04::

It has to be done. It's keeping a distance, but in a predatory fashion, and that's got us all on edge. I told Barkov and Damara to make ready and be sure their drills are sharp. It's going to take everything they have to deal with that bull.

The ashfalls abated and large lights could still be seen out in the distance. It was still day, even if it was as gloomy as ever in the underhive. Vereshyyn and Artyom hid by one of the recently erected scrap metal walls, waiting for the feral grox. Layah offered to join, to put her spinegrass splitting axe to use, but Artyom forced her to remain behind. They decided to bide their time; it had passed this spot once before, and it would again, sizing up the intruders in its territory.

Then the time came.

One of the dogs came bounding in, a bit of blood on its mouth; clearly it had managed to bite the grox and make it back off long enough to escape. Before the duo could react though, the grox came bounding by, hot on the dog's heels. The two rushed forward, Artyom shouting to get its attention “Hey ugly! Spin around and show us what you got!” The beast seemed to notice, even if it wasn't because it understood. It spun around, and charged towards him! He managed his timing perfectly, and manged to duck between its legs and swing the running bit into its left front leg, causing it to rear up in anger and pain and letting the drill come loose, allowing him to jam his drill right into it's body, cracking bone and ripping flesh while Veresyyn charged forward and rammed her drill into the beast's wounded leg, damaging it beyond use as bone could be heard snapping! The beast in it's fury swiped it's good leg as best it could and knocked her aside.

Artyom pulled his drill free as it came back down and managed to roll out from under it, the bull limping around to face him when it let out a roar of sheer pain and went to its left. “What in the-” Artyom was a bit stunned by this turn, when Vereshyyn was spotted stumbling to her feet, ripping her drill free of its back left leg. “Don't just stand there tin-head, put him down!” She shouted, a necessity over the thrashing and pained roars of the grox that she proceeded to jam her drill into, hoping to make it black out from pain so they could end its suffering quickly, and more importantly, provided fresh red meat for the Abbey.

It snapped angrily at Artyom, prompting him to pin its good leg down while Vereshyyn clambered onto the bull and rammed her drill into its neck, twisting it violently until the shredded muscle and shards of bone jammed it. By the time she and Artyom wrenched their tools free, the beast lay silent.

“Is... Is it dead?” Vereshyyn asked, slightly out of breath and poking it with her drill after getting down.

Artyom rammed his drill into its head and pressed the trigger, driving it deep into the bull's skull. “Probably, but never hurts to be safe. Nice work.”

“I could say the same to you.” she said with a smile while hefting her drill up. “Guess we should let Ivan and Luthor know we got work for them eh?”

::11th Ferrus, 127. PM 6:15::

They did it my little friend, they actually did it! And neither of them even got hurt! They got the drop on the big son of a bitch even. Vereshyyn looks little out of breath, but from what Artyom tells me she dealt the death blow. We're gonna have a good meal tonight.

::5th Russ, 127::

The Ratskins are gone, disappeared into the ashfalls this morning, happy with the items we dug up and traded with them for. Artyom also let me know there's a couple manuscript cases he can't get open as well as the action for a stub gun, though he noted it doesn't do us any good without the other parts.

::11th Russ, 127::

Finally got D'Shannon to do what she does best: Make weapons. Or more, make a sledge hammer for a breaker station. We have the stuff to make a little steel, so we can make a respirator if there's some plascrete where we can get it. Then we can have whoever wants to volunteer run the breaker station we set up with that new sledge.

::19th Russ, 127::

Well, this is handy! I sent Atryom and Vereshyyn to exetend the siarways, sort of as an impromtu mineshaft, and they found a mess of plascrete! That means we can milk more ore and fueled from the waste and slag we find and get respirators made for not only our breakers but the militia too! But... They also hit something else, this green shit that Vereshyyn says looks toxic.

I asked if they could dig around it without kicking too much up, and in short she said not really, at least not downward without protection. Ah well, not much can be done about that I guess. Bound to hit something even more unhealthy than ash and dirty water eventually.

::25th Russ,127::

More travelers, splintered from the Lowes and Dex families by that sniper to make it harder for him to get any of them. Apparently one family is actually Ivan's, his older brother's to be precise. There's three of them in total, Lowes, Greens, and  Gulls. A woman named Cobra asked if I needed any hands in the militia, and I took her on once she said she knew how to handle a rifle.

This'll strain our supplies a bit, but seeing how happy Ivan and Dana were to see their family... I guess I can say it's forgivable. Considering the number of folks we have who know how to beat shit to death, I'm gonna ask who wants to lead it. Barkov also says he's working on something to make issuing orders to our would-be militia easier but he needs to either make or find a functioning cogitator, something about signals or something, I don't quite recall. I know he was using some busted dataslates and some old wiring he found for some project though.

Hay gaise. I haz updates. So we got migrants, we're in fall now, and took that grox down without anyone but a dog getting hurt! Poor thing got gored in its right rear leg but it wasn't anything permanent thankfully. Thos little guys bring in a healthy bit of meat running around to supplement what little we do manage to grow right now. Vereshyyn was credited with the kill.

We also got migrants, Ivan's big brother and his family, with most of the larger of the two Lowe Families' Juves on adulthood's doorstep. This also means that the Lowes are pretty much the majority in the event of any IC decision making. I also took a good look at the miner sprites and they're chainsaw-grip tools, so we were all wrong. Can't believe I never noticed that.

Anyway, here's another update! Gonna watch a little TV before I crash.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 04:00:30 am »

I see you came up with a pair of nice names for Green family. Is Komodo her husband? I guess it's time to provide some more backstory.

::18th Russ,127::

...Yesterday, we were ambushed again. Komodo was scouting the road ahead when a large piece of rubble came down, almost hitting him. Then we saw a large, half-naked man with a ferrum helmet on his head and a huge bolter in his hands. I screamed and layed behind a large boulder, covering Viper with my hands. Komodo fired a few shots with his rusty autogun before it jammed. It did not stop the goon, who did not even pay attention to the minor scratch inflicted by one of the bullets.

The attacker, who was obviously a former gladiator, opened fire, effectively ripping apart fragile walls. It could have been the end of us... I begged him to stop shooting and spare the lives of my family. I hardly believed it, but he halted his fire. He probably had run out of ammo... Or did he?

When Komodo and I were running away, I recognised the guy - It was Buffy, one of those I had once enslaved. I don't really know his real name, but he was a muscular fella with a tatoo on his shoulder. Kinky Joe sold him to the Pit Arena. Most of those slaves die eventually, and there's no way to flee from there. But those few who survive are granted freedom.

Does it mean that we're followed by a perfectly-trained killing mashine? I'm afraid, yes. I sometimes wish I've never been a slaver. It was an awful job anyway - It's dangerous, payment's really low, and your employer is usually more terrifying than anything you meet during a raid. Good thing Komodo got me out of this business.

If someone is willing to take Buffy, feel free to change his name as you want.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:10:24 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 04:05:29 am »

Komodo is indeed her husband. He does have passing skill with unarmed combat oddly enough. Now that I think about it the Lowes all do too, that or hammer skill.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:08 am »

::11th Ferrus, 127.::

*For the first ten or so seconds, there is little more then just hysteria laughter playing on the log.*

I..I'm sorry. But when I first turned to Saint Annuculus for guidance after I got kicked out of the Adeptus Mechanicus I honest to all that is holy didn't expect to find myself in a life or death battle against a feral, angry Grox with a chainsaw grip drill, a dog and another miner armed only with the same. I honestly never expected that we would walk away from the fight after achieving an utterly dominating victory... I hate to admit that for a few moments there I was pretty sure that me and Vereshyyn weren't going to be walking away at all. Leyah offered to join us in our ambush of the Grox but I somehow managed to convince her to go back to the Abbey because I was so convinced that we were going to die that I didn't want her to go down with us.

And here we are. Perfectly fine with enough grox meat to last us all a while.  I heard that the dog got a bit gored but it's going to make a complete recovery.

As much as Leyah's 'welcome home' was wonderful, I'm freely going to admit that I cannot wait until we have some guns up and running. Hopefully in the hands of people whom aren't me. Some might call me a coward for not wishing to fight but between my duties as a salvage and the closest thing Angel Abbey and possibly the rest of this Underhive has to a techpriest I don't want to have to worry about getting myself killed out in the open because I'm one of the few people with combat experience and a weapon.

::5th Russ, 127::

I managed to locate a couple more manuscript cases today. Can't get the damn things to open at the moment but I'm sure that with a bit of time and effort I might be able to work something out with them in order to find out what we've found down here. A also found part of a stub gun, but not enough to even attempt trying to make one yet. Sucks, but such things cannot be helped.

::19th Russ, 127::

Me and Vereshyyn started to 'mine' one of the old stairways, finding quite a 'healthy' supply of plascrete. I say 'healthy because shortly after we discovered the plascreate we unearthed toxic rubble. Not quite sure why its toxic but trying to mine it without protective clothing seems like a really stupid idea. Thankfully Valan agreed with us on this one.

::25th Russ,127::

More people have arrived at the Abbey today. It seems that they were apart of the same group the first two families came from and they only recently located us. We have so many people in fact that a proper defense force can be organized. I'm working on trying to set up a communication system in order to aid in helping our new militia organize and employ tactics greater then 'charge the enemy and hope for the best', but so far my efforts have been hindered by a lack of usable parts. I won't bore you with the details but I'm going to have to try and either salvage a few things or try my hand at building the needed parts out of scrap.

Earlier today I was thinking about the Emperor and the Saints that have provided and aided for us in our time of need and I have decided to suggest to the rest of the Abbey that, once we have enough resources to get away with it without screwing ourselves over, we should build a series of shrines dedicated to the Emperor and the numerous Saints worshiped by the abbey. Maybe even one to the Omnissiah, but that would have to be more of a vault kind of deal. The holy relics of the Omnissiah are vital fountains of ancient knowledge and their protection would have to be of the up most importance. The annotated mechanical rituals manuscript I found a few months ago is a great start for such a collection of holy knowledge and I confess that I would feel better having somewhere safe to store it when I'm not reading it.

Since it looks like we're going to be staying here for the long haul, might as well try to make this place as holy as possible. You never know when all you'll have to depend on is a prayer after all.       
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10