Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77823 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 3!
« Reply #405 on: March 21, 2014, 08:29:10 pm »

Oh, sorry, I forgot the actual percentages on that. The point being that if I wouldn't take a 50/50 chance, I wouldn't take a 50/50 chance, even if it's actually 66.6/33.3 percent, if you want to be technical about it. You're really trying hard to discredit me, aren't you?

Here, Let me go.
EVERYONE IN THIS GAME: Are you the Jailkeeper? Would the "real" jailkeeper please stand up?

The fact of the matter is you can't beat the fact that I'm claiming honestly. Would the person you know to be me really be this brazen, if I weren't 100% sure of it?
Yes, yes you would.  From my play experience with you, you would.

The fact that there is not another claiming jailkeep does not make your claims true, cheese.  It merely means that either your gamble paid off or you almost botched a claim.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:56 pm »

The fact that there is not another claiming jailkeep does not make your claims true, cheese.  It merely means that either your gamble paid off or you almost botched a claim.
Really? Name one time where I have, in fact, done this. Because I don't remember this.
And no, that in and of itself doesn't make it true, but the fact that it is truth makes it a true claim.
I really doubt that you are anything other than scum, because nobody would try to kill you, with the way it was, and your theory about not killing to gain a trusted position for a ride to victory is not a chance I would make.
I know full well that if, somehow, you turn out to be town, that I'll be next to go. I'll even vote myself and shorten, if that's what's needed, because that will mean that I've failed in my power to protect the town from scum like you.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 21, 2014, 08:54:16 pm »

Really? Name one time where I have, in fact, done this. Because I don't remember this.
And no, that in and of itself doesn't make it true, but the fact that it is truth makes it a true claim.
I really doubt that you are anything other than scum, because nobody would try to kill you, with the way it was, and your theory about not killing to gain a trusted position for a ride to victory is not a chance I would make.
I know full well that if, somehow, you turn out to be town, that I'll be next to go. I'll even vote myself and shorten, if that's what's needed, because that will mean that I've failed in my power to protect the town from scum like you.
You came close to this in GBU, where you would have gotten yourself lynched D2 had anybody been paying attention.
NEVER do the vote self and shorten thing, scumbiscuit.  Promising that indicates you are already planning for that possibility, and if you were certain I was the scum there is no reason to die like that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 21, 2014, 09:01:33 pm »

You came close to this in GBU, where you would have gotten yourself lynched D2 had anybody been paying attention.
NEVER do the vote self and shorten thing, scumbiscuit.  Promising that indicates you are already planning for that possibility, and if you were certain I was the scum there is no reason to die like that.
I hardly consider that to be of the same caliber as this, I wasn't claiming a power role that I didn't have in that game. I wasn't even claiming anything in that.

If I wasn't certain you were scum, then I wouldn't have claimed in the first place. Because no, I don't consider that a possibility, I'm certain it's you. You killed Tiruin Day 1, because LARD had suspicions of the more experienced players, and you tried to blame him for it. Then when I attacked him, you immediately jumped on to get him killed, seeing, finally, a logical reason that would convince people.
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2!
« Reply #409 on: March 21, 2014, 09:20:04 pm »

unvote.

Initiating startup sequence...
Scanning for hostiles...
Hostiles not found...
Engaging seek and destroy...

Well then, LARD.  Killing off the "untrustworthy" IC's, are you?

Immediately after day first NK, you blame lard for the death of Tiruin on baseless grounds.

And reads:
4maskwolf: much activity and hunting. Most likely to be town.
Graknorke: also very active. Another good contender for town.
Mastahcheese: isn't asking too many questions but doesn't seem too suspicious.
TDS: quite active. Probable town.
DP: seems like he's trying to avoid answering certain questions and doesn't make himself clear. Slight scum.
LARD: pretty much everything he says points to scum.
The ICs I'll wait until Day2 to get a good read.

And about the NK and such, why not ask the pros?
For the ICs: if you were scum and people told you who they think that's going to get killed, what would you do?
I personally think that scum could use that info to get the town into a massive WIFOM and drive everyone nuts.

Here the confirmed scum vouches for you while trying to pin the blame on LARD. Seems pretty buddy-buddy, trying to save your face while redirecting to another innocent. While in RVS, even.

If the power role takes action by acting on 4maskwolf, you can have some extra room. Tomorrow, if there's no kill, assume there's a jailor and the 4maskwolf is bad. Even if you are wrong, the scum had to waste a kill. If there's a kill (and that person is not the rolecop)  and there's no rolecop claim, assume that 4maskwolf is innocent (surprisingly) and go after DP, who is also scummy (unless someone else does something). Unless you are extremely unlucky, there are two lynches after mine before LyLo (if the investigator dies tonight, it's one).

PPE: We really need to avoid a tie tonight. Someone needs to add another vote to 4maskwolf to break the tie; even if he is not scum, we get important information.

Also, the power role should target me or 4maskwolf tonight; that way, we get info from the dead person and from the live one.

TDS here actually predicts the future. Here we are, with the JailKeep roleclaimed, having blocked 4mask. I found this as an interesting tidbit considering where we're standing.

...LARD.  The vote switching confirms it.  You don't care which one of us gets lynched, because you are the scum.  You don't even ask TDS any questions, you just say "Well, I'm going to try to avoid a tie".  Only a scum or a townie who thinks he's caught scum would care about that, and you aren't staying on target.  You're making the vague accusation of "one of you is guilty because argument" and trying to get one of us lynched.  You've covered your tracks well, but the kill on Tiruin is, as you said, a beginner mistake.  One that a beginner would make.  You're a beginner.  A savvy one, but still a beginner, and this is where you slipped up.

Had you kept your vote on me after seeing Mastah's vote change, you could have gotten me lynched and gone on your merry way, with TDS being summarily executed tomorrow while you sat behind your confirmed town status.  Before that, even after Mastah's accusations, I didn't think that you were scum, but that last post changed my mind.

Here 4mask attacks LARD for wanting to gain information from a lynch by changing the vote from one of his scum-picks to another.

Bandwagoning?  I gave you my reasons.  I had been suspicious for a while, but the way you acted in the post responding to cheese's vote sealed the deal.

TheDarkStar, I noticed that so far you've never been first onto a vote. It's always been after someone else made the first move. Any reason why you haven't instigated and carried through with anything? Always soon after too, like you're copying what other people say.
Here you go! Not as much as I thought there was, but it definitely precedes you.

This quote was taken at the point where LARD was making a point about how 4mask was bandwagoning on TDS using Graknorke's logic. 4mask even admits to it but defends by saying his is "slightly broader" which I read as "more vague".

4Mask:

How does LARD's death help build your case against Mastah, or even TDS?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 21, 2014, 10:24:31 pm »

Mastah: Why do you think this question is so important? What we really need to know is who the JailKeeper save/blocked.
Fine, do you want to know who I blocked?

I blocked 4mask.

From this, we should lynch 4maskwolf, since he seems most likely. After that, block me tonight. If you lynch both me and 4mask, you're still at 3 town vs 1 scum (since you won't lynch me if a kill happens while I'm blocked) and you are at MyLo, but with lots of knowledge.

More reasons to lynch 4maskwolf:

...Which means it's either me, 4mask, or TDS that is scum.

Time to hunt, folks.

TDS: Where have you been? Consider this a wake-up call. What do you think of the current situation? Make a few posts and I'll consider un-voting you.

Not that this does not preclude my hunt of you, 4mask.

I think that this game can be won today if 4maskwolf is scum (which seems extremely likely).

After all, it was both TDS and you that were up for the chooping block before we lynched LARD, yet you act as though nobody in their right mind would ever consider accusing you.
Let's face it, you would be a terrible target to kill, because after TDS, you'd be next.

... To try and get him killed?  I said he was on the suspicion list, Cheese, that's a far cry from getting him killed.  That accusation is a stretch to begin with, which is more indicative of a stupid scum gambit than a legitimate town jail keeper claim.
If you were actually town, you'd be more focused on trying to say that I'm lying about being a jailkeeper, but no, you accepted it because you know it was true.
Alright Mr. Cheese, let us review the scenario:
Nobody died last night.  This indicates the presence of a jailkeep, and the way you acted yesterday had you at the top of my list for who the town power roles were.  I keep a list even as town, for THIS EXACT TYPE OF SCENARIO.  Then, you claim jailkeeper.  I have seen nothing scummy from your arena previously, and I already thought you had a power role, so yes, I believed you.

Then you launched an attack against me on extremely misconstrued and shaky evidence.  This shook my confidence in you, because that is behavior characteristic of scum.

A day is a long time, cheese, and while I could have been next after TDS, that would be putting a lot on the line.  I can see you are a shrewd player, and this seems like a well-thought-out scum play to me.  You don't kill me, then claim jailkeeper and accuse me of being scum.  I die, you kill in the night, and the race is on for the town to find the person who would have targeted me.  However, since the game is in MYLO, everybody no-lynches, and you do not perform a night kill.  Once again, you claim to have blocked someone in the night, they get lynched, and the game is over.  You night-kill and win.

That's putting a lot on the line, Cheese.  Why did you gamble so early?

I think you're missing a few important facts. First, there IS a power role somewhere who can stop this. Second, there is no one else claiming a power role, so that is a strong note in mastah's favor. (If there is a rolecop, though (which is unlikely), don't speak up; check mastah tonight in case we are wrong.) Third, you're arguing against strong evidence that shows Mastahcheese to be the jailor. Fourth, town wouldn't try to make people think that the nearly confirmed power role is scum; they would be trying to convince people that they were the target and were protected.

So yes, 4maskwolf is probably the last scum.

PPE: Also, look at Pufferfish's list in the post above mine and my list from earlier this game.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 21, 2014, 10:43:01 pm »

Spoiler: TDS (click to show/hide)

Good to see you're still around. Expect a few questions. I don't have any for you yet.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 22, 2014, 09:32:16 am »

Bahh. Wow. I led a mafia lynch first day and got myself lynched day 2. I must have played quite terribly to pull that off.  Sorry guys.   And thank you all for the fun. May you find all that you seek.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 22, 2014, 03:55:26 pm »

4maskwolf, the evidence pretty solidly points against you.

Many of your votes over the past two days have seemed very scummy to me. Your first vote on LARD was with little evidence or scumhunting, and was based of the NK choice. That to me seems like a possible attack by a scum player who killed Tiruin to throw suspicion on LARD. Your second vote on him was a bandwagon vote and your main reason was that LARD was trying to avoid a tie, something any town player should aim to avoid making.

Add this to the pile of evidence Pufferfish and TDS has dragged up only confirms to me that you're the remaining scum player.

Shorten. Pretty sure we're done here.

Persus
1.So you believe that LARD is in the clear? No argument about this? What makes you so confident?
2.You say that 4mask wasn't hunting, siting only the first post he made. Did you look at any other post he made? How about this post of his, when he was arguing with TDS? He is hunting scum, he just hunts whoever seems the scummiest, and TDS replied before LARD did, and it seemed to have changed his mind.
3.You then also say that 4mask seems town, right after claiming that he wasn't scumhunting. What makes him seem town, then, if you don't believe that? Also, again, why is it that you seem so sure that LARD is town?
And what is it that seems scummy about Grak, now? I've stopped viewing him as scum, what's bothering you?
1. LARD was one of the players who led the mafia lynch D1. This makes me see him as town in my eyes. Plus most of your reasons for him being scum were bad and most could be ascribed to a town player. In this game, often you need to think from the other person's perspective, and oftentimes that is something people don't do.
2. Yes 4maskwolf was hunting later, but he asked zero questions of LARD while seriously voting him with only one mediocre reason to back himself up. When that's his first post of D2 and is one of the first posts of D2, something's wrong.
3. My regarding him as town was because the TDS-4maskwolf duel was what everyone was taking sides on and I was nervous that the other scum player was chuckling to himself in the background. That's also why my top 2 suspects were you and Graknorke.

And LARD isn't the only one who has said that you or TDS are scum. Graknorke hs also said something to that effect.
It's a big assumption to base the success of the game on. Maybe if it comes down to that by the end of the day, but I really am not comfortable with a decision like that now.
No sorry, I said that I don't actually think that's the case.

Extend again, interesting developments always showing up before day end.
Sorry, I think I may have misattributed that to you. But I'm fairly sure that LARD isn't the only one who made a case that either TDS or 4maskwolf was scum.

Persus13, could you go over why you voted for mastahcheese and think that I'm scum? You didn't really explain so much as you did say it and lay down a vote.
I don't like it when people attack someone for remarks taken out of context. It feels like a very scum move. I was suspicious of you because you didn't seem very towny and no one was attacking you. I didn't think you were scum, I just was very suspicious of you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 22, 2014, 04:11:05 pm »

Bahh. Wow. I led a mafia lynch first day and got myself lynched day 2. I must have played quite terribly to pull that off.  Sorry guys.   And thank you all for the fun. May you find all that you seek.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure this will be the first Mafia game that I survive to the end to, and I've played 5 games or so.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 22, 2014, 04:14:50 pm »

Oops, I pressed Post. Anyway, I'm also voting to Shorten. There's a huge amount of evidence against 4mask, and I don't see how anything other than lynching him will get us more information or help us more.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 22, 2014, 04:33:55 pm »

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure this will be the first Mafia game that I survive to the end to, and I've played 5 games or so.
Well clearly that would mean the game won't end, as you surviving would be heresy.[/sarcasm]

Shorten
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 22, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »

Hell, shorten. I don't think there's a lot of room for discussion here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 22, 2014, 07:23:14 pm »

Well, that shook things up.
unvote TDS, I still find your behaviour counterproductive, but not to the same degree as 4mask.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 22, 2014, 07:33:26 pm »

Well, that shook things up.
unvote TDS, I still find your behaviour counterproductive, but not to the same degree as 4mask.
Games over.  Just waiting of Jimbot to return and deliver the day's verdict.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31