Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77809 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 3!
« Reply #390 on: March 21, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »

Alright, I need to ask everybody a question, since there was no kill, which indicates the presence of a jailkeeper.

Who do you think would have been the best idea for a night kill last night?
Who do you think would have been the worse?

This is a pretty WIFOM question. There is no one "best" kill. Or worst kill.

Mastah: Why do you think this question is so important? What we really need to know is who the JailKeeper save/blocked.
Now my dear pufferfish: even if it is a WIFOM question, if he actually is the jailkeep I can only assume there is some kind of evidence he wants out of this.  If he's not, there is no harm in answering your personal opinions.

You have just placed yourself on the suspicion list on multiple grounds: not answering a question, casting the tiebreaker vote to avoid a deadlocked no-lynch situation, which a scum would do.  I'll have to review your previous posts, but there was something in them that sent alert sirens blaring.

Also, this is drifting into the realm of obvious-jailkeep from you.
You say this as if you'd know who a jailkeeper would target.
No, I say this as if the way you phrased your statement yesterday and the questions you are asking today are a jailkeep gambit.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 21, 2014, 07:52:40 pm »

Mastah: Why do you think this question is so important? What we really need to know is who the JailKeeper save/blocked.
Fine, do you want to know who I blocked?

I blocked 4mask.
... That's an interesting turn of events.

This requires some thinking that I'm not prepared to do right now, but who would have had the incentive to kill me last night?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 21, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »

This requires some thinking that I'm not prepared to do right now, but who would have had the incentive to kill me last night?
Which you say right after an argument to try to get Pufferfish killed. An accusation that almost seemed rehearsed, 4mask
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 21, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »

Which you say right after an argument to try to get Pufferfish killed. An accusation that almost seemed rehearsed, 4mask
... To try and get him killed?  I said he was on the suspicion list, Cheese, that's a far cry from getting him killed.  That accusation is a stretch to begin with, which is more indicative of a stupid scum gambit than a legitimate town jail keeper claim.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 21, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

Ooh, a roleclaim. I wasn't expecting that from you, Mastah, though I did get to thinking why you were being so vocal. You -do- have a special role in this game, but it is unclear whether you are scum trying to claim before the keeper, or the keeper itself.

I can't hold all of this wine.

And 4mask would make an interesting scumblock/townsave... Lemme do some thread-spinning here to pull up what we've got from just the last day on this biz.

PPE:

Now my dear pufferfish: even if it is a WIFOM question, if he actually is the jailkeep I can only assume there is some kind of evidence he wants out of this.  If he's not, there is no harm in answering your personal opinions.

You have just placed yourself on the suspicion list on multiple grounds: not answering a question, casting the tiebreaker vote to avoid a deadlocked no-lynch situation, which a scum would do.  I'll have to review your previous posts, but there was something in them that sent alert sirens blaring.

I simply answered the question exactly how I saw it, with this turn of events, I can' answer what I was thinking beyone the wine.

Mastah would have been best lynch, and TDS would have been worst.

And I caught on early in the game that it was considered "scummy" not to vote. So how is voting in what I thought the best manner to be suspicious? I saw LARD avoiding your questins and outright stating that MastahCheese was wrong and he would be ignoring the rest of his questions. I took over RPGeek's role as Mafioso in a BM, and he did the same thing to Imp. So I saw it as a scummy move. Therefore I voted LARD based on the information I had.

With this new information, the posts from both you and Mastah are now under suspicion. Mastah, if he's lying, and you, if he's telling the truth.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 21, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »

After all, it was both TDS and you that were up for the chooping block before we lynched LARD, yet you act as though nobody in their right mind would ever consider accusing you.
Let's face it, you would be a terrible target to kill, because after TDS, you'd be next.

... To try and get him killed?  I said he was on the suspicion list, Cheese, that's a far cry from getting him killed.  That accusation is a stretch to begin with, which is more indicative of a stupid scum gambit than a legitimate town jail keeper claim.
If you were actually town, you'd be more focused on trying to say that I'm lying about being a jailkeeper, but no, you accepted it because you know it was true.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:13 pm »

With this new information, the posts from both you and Mastah are now under suspicion. Mastah, if he's lying, and you, if he's telling the truth.
I know of exactly the charges against me, I took that into account before I claimed.

Oh, and the reason I completely dropped the case on Grak after night 1? He was the one I blocked, so I knew he was innocent.
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2014, 08:06:11 pm »

I know of exactly the charges against me, I took that into account before I claimed.

Oh, and the reason I completely dropped the case on Grak after night 1? He was the one I blocked, so I knew he was innocent.

Okay. I'm going into this trusting you, now.

But 4maskwolf could still have been the victim. Jailkeep works both ways for a reason.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 21, 2014, 08:08:41 pm »

...Which means it's either me, 4mask, or TDS that is scum.

Time to hunt, folks.

TDS: Where have you been? Consider this a wake-up call. What do you think of the current situation? Make a few posts and I'll consider un-voting you.

Not that this does not preclude my hunt of you, 4mask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2014, 08:09:10 pm »

After all, it was both TDS and you that were up for the chooping block before we lynched LARD, yet you act as though nobody in their right mind would ever consider accusing you.
Let's face it, you would be a terrible target to kill, because after TDS, you'd be next.

If you were actually town, you'd be more focused on trying to say that I'm lying about being a jailkeeper, but no, you accepted it because you know it was true.
Alright Mr. Cheese, let us review the scenario:
Nobody died last night.  This indicates the presence of a jailkeep, and the way you acted yesterday had you at the top of my list for who the town power roles were.  I keep a list even as town, for THIS EXACT TYPE OF SCENARIO.  Then, you claim jailkeeper.  I have seen nothing scummy from your arena previously, and I already thought you had a power role, so yes, I believed you.

Then you launched an attack against me on extremely misconstrued and shaky evidence.  This shook my confidence in you, because that is behavior characteristic of scum.

A day is a long time, cheese, and while I could have been next after TDS, that would be putting a lot on the line.  I can see you are a shrewd player, and this seems like a well-thought-out scum play to me.  You don't kill me, then claim jailkeeper and accuse me of being scum.  I die, you kill in the night, and the race is on for the town to find the person who would have targeted me.  However, since the game is in MYLO, everybody no-lynches, and you do not perform a night kill.  Once again, you claim to have blocked someone in the night, they get lynched, and the game is over.  You night-kill and win.

That's putting a lot on the line, Cheese.  Why did you gamble so early?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 21, 2014, 08:12:24 pm »

The fact of the matter was that 4mask would not have been a good kill target, because he was generally considered suspicious, just not as much as TDS.

I've worked with 4mask on a scum team in the Good/Bad/Ugly, he's a good scum player, he can cover his tracks well, that's why I chose to block him, rather than TDS.

Nobody died last night.  This indicates the presence of a jailkeep, and the way you acted yesterday had you at the top of my list for who the town power roles were.  I keep a list even as town, for THIS EXACT TYPE OF SCENARIO.  Then, you claim jailkeeper.  I have seen nothing scummy from your arena previously, and I already thought you had a power role, so yes, I believed you.

Then you launched an attack against me on extremely misconstrued and shaky evidence.  This shook my confidence in you, because that is behavior characteristic of scum.

A day is a long time, cheese, and while I could have been next after TDS, that would be putting a lot on the line.  I can see you are a shrewd player, and this seems like a well-thought-out scum play to me.  You don't kill me, then claim jailkeeper and accuse me of being scum.  I die, you kill in the night, and the race is on for the town to find the person who would have targeted me.  However, since the game is in MYLO, everybody no-lynches, and you do not perform a night kill.  Once again, you claim to have blocked someone in the night, they get lynched, and the game is over.  You night-kill and win.

If you really considered me shrewd, and knew exactly how shrewd I am, then you know that I'd never take a 50/50 gamble on there being a jailkeeper or not especially this early on.
You neglected to take that one into consideration.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:09 pm »

The fact of the matter was that 4mask would not have been a good kill target, because he was generally considered suspicious, just not as much as TDS.

I've worked with 4mask on a scum team in the Good/Bad/Ugly, he's a good scum player, he can cover his tracks well, that's why I chose to block him, rather than TDS.

If you really considered me shrewd, and knew exactly how shrewd I am, then you know that I'd never take a 50/50 gamble on there being a jailkeeper or not especially this early on.
You neglected to take that one into consideration.
Erm... While I'm glad you consider me a good scum player, you must realize that in that game I was effectively cleared for one action.  It was just a matter of not drawing undue attention to myself.

And this whole "I played in a game with you" thing goes both ways.  I know that you take risks: you took a major risk in GBU when you tried to save IG, and it very nearly backfired, but NQT was too busy focusing on lurkers.
Oh, 50/50, you say?  I'm counting 67/33 jailkeep/not jailkeep.  But of course you made that mistake: you found the cop last night, didn't you.  That means that the jailkeep only scenario is not the case, and as such you now know that there IS a 50/50 chance.  However, were you not the mafia rolecop, you would have assumed 67/33, because without any extra knowledge that is the actual number.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »

Okay. 4mask, are you JailKeep? Graknorke? JailKeep?

I'd ask TDS but they're not with us right now. I am not the JailKeep.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2014, 08:24:55 pm »

Okay. 4mask, are you JailKeep? Graknorke? JailKeep?

I'd ask TDS but they're not with us right now. I am not the JailKeep.
I am not the jailkeep.  I don't believe that there is a jailkeep.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:11 pm »

Oh, sorry, I forgot the actual percentages on that. The point being that if I wouldn't take a 50/50 chance, I wouldn't take a 50/50 chance, even if it's actually 66.6/33.3 percent, if you want to be technical about it. You're really trying hard to discredit me, aren't you?

Here, Let me go.
EVERYONE IN THIS GAME: Are you the Jailkeeper? Would the "real" jailkeeper please stand up?

The fact of the matter is you can't beat the fact that I'm claiming honestly. Would the person you know to be me really be this brazen, if I weren't 100% sure of it?
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31