Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339925 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1740 on: January 23, 2015, 11:17:47 am »

Kaarina pauses for several moments, staring at Kat before finally replying.

"A locksmith? Goddamn, that's a clever idea. I bet that you could advertise the fact that you were a former thief and get even more customers too. After all, who else would know how to make secure locks that would fool them?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 23, 2015, 11:20:54 am »

"Maybe!"

"I'd probably have to learn metalworking, though. Sounds like effort."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 23, 2015, 11:31:47 am »

"Can't you just get someone else to make them? Even if this thing doesn't pan out you ought to have enough money to make a few of them. Or buy an apprenticeship from someone. Or something. It should be pretty obvious that I have no idea what I'm talking about," Kaarina says with a shrug. "If I did I probably wouldn't be a bandit."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 23, 2015, 11:44:39 am »

"There's an idea."

Kat rubbed her chin thoughtfully.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 23, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

"I am just in for this because I need money for some future plans. I want to invest in a new kind of way to transport products. With so many wyverns wandering about, I think it could be a good idea to come up with a transporting service using them! But of course that might require a lot of money too in the beginning."
"But right now I am a little more interested in convincing someone else to join me after all of this is done."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 23, 2015, 03:03:43 pm »

"That's a smart idea. It's difficult to rob something thousands of meters in the sky, after all." She paused for a moment, then asked, "In fact, how come that isn't more widespread? I've only ever seen wyverns and pegasi used for war."

"As for me, I'm not so sure what I'd do, though I definitely don't intend on mercenary work for the rest of my life. I'm not a natural-born fighter like most of you here."
I need to put something interesting here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 23, 2015, 03:19:34 pm »

"It probably isn't that widespread because it's far too expensive to be practical. If they were cheaper then you'd probably see more people using them in general. You also have to worry about feeding your wyverns and pegasi too, and I doubt that they could haul much in the first place. They'd probably be good for lugging around silk and the like. Stuff that's light and expensive. But other than that good luck making a profit."

"If you haven't noticed most of us don't want to do grunt work for the rest of our lives either. We're in the same boat as you, with no idea about what else to do," Kaarina says, specifically to Maiya this time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 24, 2015, 03:04:11 am »

Kat looked over at Van and laced her hands shyly behind her back.

"Well, you might not have to try to hard to convince them..."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 24, 2015, 03:56:45 pm »

Vandertz chuckled at that and moved closer to rest a hand on her shoulder.
"Is that so? That is good to know, and I certainly will try hard to keep them amused."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 24, 2015, 06:19:55 pm »

"Someone might be wondering how you plan to do that."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 24, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »

"It is a secret, but it isn't only one plan, there are plenty for that."

The same oldman that greeted the group before stepped into the area and tapped his cane on the floor.
"I heard some of you talking about the Gates, and considering you were so close to the explosion we heard...I am sure every single one of you know what was that."
"Guess it might be time to tell the others what I saw and studied. While I really didn't join the mission to open the Gates, my grandfather passed some very important information to my father, and then to me. There are too many weird secrets related to both the Gates and the key."

The man moved his free hand up to brush his beard and shook his head a few times.
"For example...the shards I found when I was a traveler, they are nothing but pieces of the Gate. Something had been trying to open the Gates without the key, only using brutal strength to create these fragments. I am not too sure how they got so far away from their original land, but...that is how these shards were created. And apparently the priest called Adant and his troops were the ones to seal the contact between humans and mystic creatures, at least until someone reached for the key again.  My books never told me about that, but apparently the seal has something to do with the key."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:27:32 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 24, 2015, 07:46:54 pm »

"If you haven't noticed most of us don't want to do grunt work for the rest of our lives either. We're in the same boat as you, with no idea about what else to do," Kaarina says, specifically to Maiya this time.

"I... I apologize, I didn't mean to offend."

She would have continued, but the elderly man from earlier had started to speak, his words seeming confusing at first. After a brief moment of thought, Maiya turned to the man to ask a question.

"And what happens when Adant's seal is broken? Are these, uh, magic creatures released? And seals are meant to restrain or separate, right? What was it holding back?"

Maiya sincerely hoped that whatever caused the lightshow back in the desert, it wasn't that seal.
I need to put something interesting here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 24, 2015, 09:34:50 pm »

"It'll be a shame to have to kill you, but business is business"

"Haha! You're really a jokester." Lycan replied with an unfazed smile and a laugh.

"As for me, I'm not so sure what I'd do, though I definitely don't intend on mercenary work for the rest of my life. I'm not a natural-born fighter like most of you here."

"'Natural-born fighter'? Is there somethin' like that? And why are you a soldier with that kind of armor?"

"It probably isn't that widespread because it's far too expensive to be practical. If they were cheaper then you'd probably see more people using them in general. You also have to worry about feeding your wyverns and pegasi too, and I doubt that they could haul much in the first place. They'd probably be good for lugging around silk and the like. Stuff that's light and expensive. But other than that good luck making a profit."

"Wyverns can haul more than a horse and still fly, though. Too bad I wouldn't be able to be part of that enterprise, what with the caravans flying above the dangers and ditchin' any extra merc protection. Bad for you too, Miss Bandit."
He then turned towards the elderly man upon hearing him talk.

"Hey, that's news for me. Creatures and power only? No riches?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:37:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:49 pm »

"First off, don't call me Miss Bandit. Secondly I still think that they wouldn't be too profitable, else someone else would have already come up with the idea of using wyverns to lug around goods first. It probably costs a fortune to purchase one of those beasts, so you'll spend forever trying to regain your investment or something. That'd be the most obvious reason why it hasn't succeeded yet."

"Also feel bad for yourself first. Raiding caravans is more of a side gig anyways with all of the people guarding it. So I'll still have a job while you'll be some poor beggar in the streets. Assuming that we live long enough for Van's business to kick off."

Then suddenly old man.

"And now there's suddenly mystic creatures behind the gate? Great."

"But then again we just saw the dead walk, so can't be surprised about hearing that. Some actual info about what these creatures are would be great."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 24, 2015, 10:20:41 pm »

The old man shook his head again and sighed at all of that.

"One question at the time, please. "

He raised the cane and pointed towards Maiya first.

"It is time to you and the others know about the truth. This seal was a huge mistake, it wasn't protecting us from anything at all. It was only preventing magic from flowing properly, and consequently the creatures that depended on it couldn't get out of the other dimension too."
"We used to live with magic creatures before, they aren't too different from us. There are good and bad ones. Wise ones and others not so wise. The problem is that the previous King of Terrania was offended about their presence. In his mind they were only "occupying" territory that belonged to him, this is how the seal idea started. By opening it, you made us all a favor. Without the magic pulsing on the lands, many creatures died, and we also lost some enchanted weapons and buildings we had, like the crystal towers."

After finishing, he pointed the cane towards Lycan.

"No, this isn't about what is behind the Gates. The key was the part holding the seal, I still have no idea what is behind the Gates, so maybe there is indeed gold there, who knows. Too old to get there and find out, so I guess you might be the one getting the answer."

He sighed and shook his head a few times before staring at Kaarina.

"Like I told the young man over there, I have no idea what is behind the Gates. I am just telling you about the seal the priests did that was related to the key.  So there may be gold behind those Gates yet, all I know is that my grandfather told me that the treasures were the reason Terrania grew so fast."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:20:15 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 309