Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339827 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1755 on: January 25, 2015, 12:02:10 am »

"Also feel bad for yourself first. Raiding caravans is more of a side gig anyways with all of the people guarding it. So I'll still have a job while you'll be some poor beggar in the streets. Assuming that we live long enough for Van's business to kick off."

"Kaarina, we're here to unwind, not to get all dark." Lycan replied as he took another gulp of the mug and pointed it at her. "And I told ya, guarding caravans is something I do now and then. I'll have plenty of work left even if we don't find as much gold as I expect."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 25, 2015, 07:56:13 pm »

"'Natural-born fighter'? Is there somethin' like that? And why are you a soldier with that kind of armor?"

"Why not? There are people who are just naturally talented bakers or artists, no? Why not a naturally-talented warrior?" She crossed her arms, taking a moment to think. "And the armor? It's not a typical soldier's wear, but then again, I'm not exactly a soldier."

She then addressed the old man again.

"So, we know that you and yours are all fine with this, because it repairs your towers or some such. However, the rest of the world isn't likely to accept it so easily - people tend to react violently to sudden, strange changes."
I need to put something interesting here.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:29 pm »

"Don't tell me you are one of Terrania's dogs. Because you sound like one of them saying things like that. These 'strange changes' were common before the seal, it is like if we were preventing a whole civilization from existing for generations! I don't know about you, but I don't think it is up to the human kind to let or not other creatures live."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:23 pm »

"Old man, there's no reason to get confrontational." Lycan remarked upon hearing the old man's last comment, springing into his companions' defense. "She's just saying the truth. The rest of the people in the world, or continent or wherever the changes will take place, will probably flip out. Not sayin' it's a bad or good change - it's just that big, abrupt changes usually cause that kind of reaction."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 25, 2015, 08:42:18 pm »

"What a concidence, we're not exactly soldiers here either. Well most of us aren't. You're in good company at least. So if you aren't a soldier, then what are you?"

Due to the chaotic nature of the conversation, Kaarina addresses the old man next.

"So what? You've said yourself that these things have been gone for entire generations. I say that they had their shot and blew it, that's how life works. You don't get a second chance. And how things were long ago isn't going to change my mind either. If you haven't noticed, we're in the present and things work a little different. So let them rot, it'll probably be the best for them."

"Though with that said, we'll probably be opening the gates either way. We came this far to do so after all, and some old coot's ramblings isn't going to change our minds. Treasure is treasure, no matter what it is."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 25, 2015, 09:12:01 pm »

"They will have to understand and accept. What we can't do is put another seal and force them to keep under us for the rest of their eternity. If The Judge does exists...he does have a long list of crimes we might have to pay in the afterlife."

The old man frowned at Kaarina and pointed the cane very close to her face.

"Now you better watch your mouth, little girl. They didn't have a 'chance', this place belonged to both them and us. Do you think it is fair to force a whole civilization to rot like that because of our greediness? They barely fought back! Tell me, what do you think would happen if Titan, The Judge and all the other gods plus the magic creatures decided to defend themselves when they were being sealed?"
"Not a single human would survive to tell the story. It would be steel and limited magic against an unknown power that always had been above us. So don't you dare to think they deserve to be treated like that, because I am sure you wouldn't want to rot down there. And for your own good, I suggest you to keep your opinions to yourself or you can sleep outside with the skeletons."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 25, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »

Maiya bristled slightly at the man's comment, but whatever retort she had planned was quickly silenced by Lycan's. "Thank you... and Kaarina, I'm just some freelancer who uses this armor to get what she wants from time to time."

Of course the old man quickly grew aggravated with the group after a while, pointing his cane. At the threat of kicking them out, Maiya stood up.

"Now, sir, we weren't meaning to offend. I'm sure these beings are just as powerful as you say, and so it's obvious that we would be worried - we are rather ignorant on the matter, after all." Her tone had grown diplomatic.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 25, 2015, 10:00:45 pm »

"Young lady, in your case I am sure you didn't mean to offend. You were just saying that it won't be easy for them to return after so long. But that...friend of yours is shooting offensive words as fast as the arrows of a Sniper after drinking some Elevena."
"Saying that they deserve to rot and stay down there...it is impossible to not consider that offensive. And don't worry, this is about her, not you or your group, if she keeps this up, she is the one going out. I just do hope she learns a thing or two about respecting other creatures in the future."
He waved a hand in dismiss and walked away for now.
"...Make her behave properly. People from Sylvinir may not take her behavior lightly, as that region was probably the one that had most of benefits with the magic flowing. And the only region with information about the creatures we saw in the past, and that we might see in the future again."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 27, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »

"Don't worry. She talks like that but she's the sweetest person ever." Lycan told the old man, barely containing his laughter and baring his fangs at the obvious lie he was spouting.
>Yes?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 27, 2015, 09:32:53 pm »

"Shut up before I clobber you, Lycan," Kaarina growls. (Un?)Fortunately the old man wanders away before she can say anything else on the topic.

"Well I don't know about the rest of you, that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard in life. Well... Maybe not, but it's definitely up there."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 28, 2015, 07:30:15 am »

"...Right, that was a tad awkward."
He crossed his arms and stepped back a bit, preferring to not give his opinion about all of that.
"We probably should check if they have weapons or other things to sell later, I don't need to be a priest to tell those staffs won't last too long. They had been using them all the time in the desert."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 29, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »

Quickly finishing his mug after laughing Kaarina's threat off, Lycan stood up and paid the bartender for both his drinks and the ones he had imposed upon others before heading towards the rooms and theoretically also where the bath was located. He started to take his armor and clothes on his way, waving to his companions as he walked through the doorway.

"Gonna get that bath. See ya."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:52:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 29, 2015, 11:37:25 pm »

"Come now, why is everyone so silent? Did that man take your voices as he left?" Maiya scoffed.

"Ah, it doesn't matter. Kaarina, do you want to go look for a shop like Vandertz suggested? We might be able to sell a bit of our old or broken equipment."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 30, 2015, 09:41:05 am »

"Well I don't know about everyone else, but I've been talking up a storm here. So I wouldn't mind a break." Kaarina polishes off the rest of her drink and takes her feet off of the table in preparation for leaving. "Are we actually selling anything now or just scouting out the place for later? I bet that everybody is going to want to pick up a little from the shop, so it'll make sense to sell the junk later and do everything in one trip."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 30, 2015, 10:42:11 am »

Kat checked her gear.

"Nope, all good here!"

"So, uh, hmm. Has anyone seen Father Duvall or Garret? 'Cause they ain't here."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 309