Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205106 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take your time. With how close you guys are getting to Rundum gearing up is important.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone have the time to make the necessary number-crunching? I'd do it myself because of my love for annoying micro-management, but at the moment I cannot.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I don't, but I do want to ask which you guys think more useful: Kat going Wanderer to fight colossi for increased movement abilities and high tier dark spells along with bartering (which would be useful right now), or going Bounty Hunter for general utility (since it would allow her to use all schools of magic and staves, plus crossbows since those don't rely on strength)?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Well, we're suffering from a pretty harsh lack of offensive magic users at the moment. We have Aura...and that's it other than Kat herself. The situation won't improve upon promotion either. Since we have the physical weapons pretty well covered, I'd suggest Wanderer. I know that BHs can use any school of magic, but not at the same level of proficiency as the Wanderer can.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Sena is obviously going to go Nomad Ranger. Because no magic growth.

I do agree though - we have physical weapons covered, and having access to another type of magic won't be hugely useful, so maybe Wanderer.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Technically, BH can use every weapon whether or not they have the proficiency for it, they just take a -1 AS penalty for every tier the weapon is over their proficiencies. I could theoretically use S tier light anima and dark that way.

I'm not arguing for either class in particular, I just want to make sure people know the options.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:26:50 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You wouldn't be getting the effective CON boosts given by proficiency ranks either. For the heavier weapons/tomes, that could drop your AS even more than what the penalty you mentioned indicates.

Considering that Kat is somewhat squishy, dropping AS (and by extension Evade) is something to be avoided whenever possible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

That's true too. I'll leave it to Twin; if you think Wanderer is better, buy the promo item for it and I'll send Kat down that way to take advantage of the class skills.

Actually, yeah, buy the promo item. Kat can do all the wheeling and dealing to minimize the gold we spend on promo items and maximize the gold we get from selling stuff, so hopefully we'll be able to afford some stat boosters.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:55:46 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

From what I've learned by having Harold as NPC in my game, the C or even B rank weapons work well enough to destroy enemies and getting their weapons contributes to not spending gold on more weapons V:

Then again every character in my game is horribly OP

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That
I was concerned you'd never give Catherine anything better than Elfire since she was melting maps with just that :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yo Soly get your ass back in the game with magiks, I am quite sure SB dropped at this point

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That'll be awkward, considering he's playing my character's brother.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

messaged him on discord, he's dropped
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that's the disadvantage of characters with linked backstories. I have no idea what sort of excuse will work for his character suddenly not following the group.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have him suicide charge the boss and then plotdie?

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 308