Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 90654 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2014, 10:47:45 pm »

4mask
Also, Tiruin: I saw you on the RTD subforum.  You said that something caught your curiosity: what was it?
I have selective memory at the moment so I forgot. What was that something?

The fact that TDS was killed is unusual, and after hearing the points made by MOWE and NQT I have to agree: I think that the scum are either inactive or extremely new.
Expound. How would that relate to who is killed?

MOWE IS BACK!!!!!

And MOWE, It's perfectly fine to have RL.  RL comes first, and I'm sure I'll have to use the RL excuse sometime. 
::)

NQT: Thinking things through, it is almost certain that one of the kill groups is inactive.  Can you think of a rational explanation for why the scum would kill TDS, and if so, what is it?
You do know that people have a choice to kill or not, yes? Why address NQT only? Next, what are your thoughts on recent events?

MOWE
Tiruin:
Everyone else: Do you seriously believe that today should be spent in debate and all? What if the scumteam knows how to circumnavigate the usual 'scumtells' and play easy? As in, play on the aggressive?
How do you treat scumtells when done by a player who has a reputation of being scummy? How do you treat analysis from a player who has a reputation of being 'good' at hiding scumtells?[/b]
Well I think D1 can be a bunch of debate. What else could it be? Lies are easy to keep to in the beginning, but are hard to maintain over time. Here's where we begin testing the mettle of the scum and seeing how good they are at acting. There is no such thing as perfect. The scumteam may know how to avoid most scumtells, but odds are they'll slip up somewhere.
Scummy players also have a norm I would guess. Even if they're scummy as town, I'd expect the scumminess when they're actually scum to be quite different. If they're good at hiding scumtells, well like I said, they have to slip up sometime.
Hmm, interesting. You see this as a game of when people will slip and see differing mindset-actions according to role or alignment. Admirable.
What else can D1 be varies according to what the people put into it--the best way to aim is to follow it up, meaning rather than a debate of two specified fronts, it turns to a general attitude of discernment and curiosity. Which means a bunch of words to look back on.
Though I do agree with most here: how would you discern a town-slip from a scum-slip? Is it in their reaction, their response, or how they do so-or anything else?
-bloop-
What's the "Mehve" about?

And I think RL and having your own priorities are particular reasons. I hope things get better for you!  :)
It's...well, I thought of a way to pronounce your acronym'd name. So I looked in the German dictionary...
Also...
Sorry for the rant...u_u

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2014, 10:49:54 pm »

And that rant was directed to anyone who would abuse the term of being a 'lurker' and not to you, MOWE. The bolded format of your name back there was a mental habit of putting name tags after a quoted post to a person.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 1)
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2014, 10:55:45 pm »

EBWOP
Tiruin:
If you caught someone commiting a logical fallacy, would you try to get them lynched?
Why?
Anyone can commit a logical fallacy-sometimes due to stress, sometimes due to error, sometimes to not knowing what to do, sometimes due to grammatical purposes, and sometimes its just that a viewpoint of a person doesn't jive with the other in that it seems like a fallacy.
I will add pressure--look into the case, announce my intrigue, investigate the notion, check the statement, hypothesize the outcome, deliberate on the matter and talk to the person. But getting them lynched? That's a situational case based on after how my curiosity is satisfied.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:59 pm »

Mr. Cheese
Another question for everyone:
What are your thoughts on DarkStar's reads? Do you have anything else of importance to add to the investigation?
Well seeing TDS' own example-he usually mixes both town and scum, mostly always delivering his reads in all honesty to the viewer or asker unless there was an incentive to lie about it (due to the process of tracing and backtracking). I bring up my notes on TDS to help the idea.
Investigationwhatnow?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2014, 11:14:56 pm »

Tiruin: I think you have misinterpereted what I have said in the past.  I specifically called NQT on voting for you because I know that you had real life things going on.  People have RL, I understand that, and I'm not a person who will policy lynch those who have real life reasons not to be playing.  I think that you took something I said the wrong way, and I apologize for the ambiguous phrasing.  I'm really sorry about your family and I hope that everything works out okay.  NQT, on the other hand, apparently does not.

NQT: Perhaps lynching so called "useless" people is the most EFFICIENT way to play mafia, but it sure as hell isn't going to be how I play.  What I don't understand is why people having real life makes them useless.  Perhaps if you'd had any facts against Tiruin, I would agree with you, but you DON'T.  I may have to start a policy lynch of lynch all people who attack those with RL issues.  Because this is a game, not a war, and in any face to face context what you have been saying about people (specifically Tiruin and, to a lesser extent, SBC) would NOT be acceptable.

... Sorry for the rant, guys, I've had a bad day and I feel really bad for Tiruin's family right now and the way NQT has phrased things has bugged me for a while now and I just snapped... my apologies...

But look.  Tiruin has a major reason to be out right now.  That does not mean we should policy lynch her.
SBC has a reason to be out right now.  That does not mean that we should policy lynch him either.
Now.  Let's focus on the people who CAN be in the game actively.  Whether they do or don't play is the real issue.  I'm looking at you, DP and Caz.  If either of you two has an RL reason not to post, just say that RL is getting in the way, but don't just lurk.

And Tiruin: best of wishes to you and your family.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2014, 11:25:47 pm »

Tiruin: I think you have misinterpereted what I have said in the past.
...I was being sarcastic.
4mask
Quote from: 4maskwolf on February 24, 2014, 08:58:38 pm
2. Tiruin, while not posting anything particularly towny-esque, hasn't posted anything that I would consider a scumtell either.  If there is something I missed with a cursory examination, could you link to it?
...I made one post. Really? You can find wrong when there is only one point to base it on?
... What in all flavor of damnation... I was making a point as to why I didn't think that you were scum...
I know! ^_^ Hence my curiosity there.
You sound surprised?

More to the point: You didn't think I was scum due to my...what was it exactly?
[/quote]Or was it this that you think I'm misinterpreting? Err, yeah..I guess so? I found it strange-not that strange but...strange-ish that the statement you put here goes more like an answer to a longer detail rather than one post.

NQT, on the other hand, apparently does not.
I...don't not like him or vote him because of that thing on RL-it's his terminology and wording behind it, to clarify (based on what you say there?)

Also, why the tons of FoS' from you? Could I ask what benefit you see to FoS'ing people?

@NQT: [Query about not extending]
> I totally didn't see that 'day ends by x hours' note and thought it would continue and that I'd have enough time to check...
I didn't check, is what I mean by 'I didn't see.'

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:33 pm »

Tiruin: I think you have misinterpereted what I have said in the past.
...I was being sarcastic.
4mask
Quote from: 4maskwolf on February 24, 2014, 08:58:38 pm
2. Tiruin, while not posting anything particularly towny-esque, hasn't posted anything that I would consider a scumtell either.  If there is something I missed with a cursory examination, could you link to it?
...I made one post. Really? You can find wrong when there is only one point to base it on?
... What in all flavor of damnation... I was making a point as to why I didn't think that you were scum...
I know! ^_^ Hence my curiosity there.
You sound surprised?

More to the point: You didn't think I was scum due to my...what was it exactly?
Or was it this that you think I'm misinterpreting? Err, yeah..I guess so? I found it strange-not that strange but...strange-ish that the statement you put here goes more like an answer to a longer detail rather than one post.

NQT, on the other hand, apparently does not.
I...don't not like him or vote him because of that thing on RL-it's his terminology and wording behind it, to clarify (based on what you say there?)

Also, why the tons of FoS' from you? Could I ask what benefit you see to FoS'ing people?

> I totally didn't see that 'day ends by x hours' note and thought it would continue and that I'd have enough time to check...
[/quote]
No no, I know what you are saying.  I get you loud and clear.  I don't like his wording either was my point, but when you said what was going on that ratcheted the level of not cool of his statements up an order of magnitude in my mind, which was what caused me to snap and rant...
The FoS's?  I don't know, entirely.  I read about them when signing up for your beginner mafia and use them mostly as a way to get peoples attention.  It isn't a vote, but it seems to ensure that people don't miss things.
also, Extension so that SBC can finish what he's doing while having a chance to play

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2014, 11:45:09 pm »

Pfp

Tiruin: Rants are sometimes good for the soul. Directed at me or not, I don't mind.

Also, I Googled mehve before I asked you about it, and apparently it has something to do with jets and is also a website for manga and anime stuff... I actually pondered how I would be like a jet...

Extend.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2014, 12:46:18 am »

4maskwolf
Okay, there are a few things I want to answer in this post.  The first is this: Yes, it is scumhunting.  He also did nothing scummy except vote for a scum.  He just had the misfortune of being the first to respond to your questions. [1] Also, I notice that you left MOWE out of the question list that time: care to explain?
I was not blindly following NQT: I put no stock whatsoever in his "method".  I don't think that post count means much, as clever scum could manipulate that as easily as everything else.  I already admitted that because it was day 1, I merely skimmed the last part of the conversation before making my assessment.  However, upon closer inspection and getting to an actual computer, I realized that Solymr had said precious little to warrant an attack like that and had answered the questions reasonably, by my metric.
The multi-post is called Posting while Tired. [2]  You are on the dwarf fortress forums, you know that I post things when I think of them, not caring about the number of posts in a row by me there are.
[1] The reason that MOWE was left out of the questions was because I had done so intentionally to see if they are actually paying attention. It's common knowledge that scum tend to pay less attention during games because they already know who is town, and don't have to look for clues. Why is it that you're pointing it out? Do you not feel that MOWE can answer for themselves?
[2] I don't pay much attention to people's posting habits, but this is a game where people watch for that sort of thing, as part of their methods of finding scum. Yeah, it is easy to manipulate, and it's also easy to try and rationalize it while you're doing it.

notquitethere
everyone give your reads!
I'm still awaiting your responses to my questions, NQT.
But I'll give you my reads.

4maskwolf- I thought he was town, but Now I'm starting to dislike his answers and his tone. Not sure.
notquitethere- You seem to be trying, and giving logical explanations, but you haven't answered my questions. Guessing town, for now.
Caz- Hasn't been helpful at all as far as I can tell. Slight scum lean.
Superblackcat- Not here, null.
Darkpaladin109- Trying to stay hidden? I'm guessing scum/noob.
Solymr- I don't like the way he's been acting, or his tone. I don't think he killed DS, but I still don't trust him.
Tiruin- Hasn't been here enough. Can't say. After reading some more, she seems to have come back in full force. I'm saying town lean.
MyOwnWorstEnemy- Haven't seen anything incriminating yet. Still deciding.
+!!scientist!!+- I don't like the general demeanor of him, slight scum lean.

Caz
Caz.
Answer my questions and get in here.

Superblackcat
RL stuff from you. I'll get back to you.

Darkpaladin109
You.
You also need to answer my questions.

Solymr
cheese:
Don't think I've forgotten you either. I suspect you of trying to defend IG by pressuring and attacking me.
While you suspect me, maybe you'd like to answer my multitude of questions? Or would you rather we just drop those, and have me go hide somewhere to "save face"? Your call.

Tiruin
Mr. Cheese
Tiruin: You're the Bad, and the Good is dead. Someone claims Union General, and says that another person is a Confederate, but they don't get lynched by making the argument that they are the Ugly. Instead, the person claiming Union General gets lynched, and is proven to have told the truth. What do you do, and why?
I flail in joy like a muppet.
Opportunistic semblance to personal reaction aside, I am a Union SK. I do as I said above, but to myself IRL and not in thread-post. I will..well, depending on the situation I either delve into it and check on what the rest are doing, leave those claimants to stew among their fates and act as a bystander-prosecutor or base my proceedings on what had just happened.

I...do not work well with general statements (pun not intended), but require a specific situation.

[1] Query: Why pull a neutral role in sucha  situation? What were you thinking about me when you asked me this?

Mr. Cheese
Tiruin: You need to stop delaying, Borscht or not. What are your reads so far? And if you would explain the reasons for your reads?
I fail to make a miswording of something funny. As for reads-they were all neutral at the time of my last post with subtle curiosity regarding IG on the skim, NQT for his 'self-claim' as an introductory post, Interest at Solymyr for being new and able to explain himself thoroughly--all neutral reads, but all curious.
[2] Meaning: No I have no read, and I do apologize for my effort. I shouldn't have been weak. I should've posted here. I am sorry.

Reason @above: Skimming, yet I also connected the cause to effect, though my reads are more influenced if I put my weight behind them (or if what I observe their actions are, have good 'emphasis' into them).

[3] And for this delaying note, I do see that you put that as a subtle-aggressive-prod, yes? I was not delaying, however.
[1] I wanted to see your answer, no particular thought went through my mind. What sort of information do you think could be gleamed from such a question?
[2] I don't think I need to even get on you for this. It's blatantly obvious. I would ask "why aren't you thinking more into this?" but you haven't been here.
[3] Yes, you are correct. Delaying or not, you need to get into the game. You can apologize later.

And as I go through the thread while typing this up, you seem to have returned quite acceptably. Thank you.

Mr. Cheese
Investigationwhatnow?
Out attempts on discovering TDS's murdering. Scumhunting.

After reading through everything, I realize now the extent of the hard times you are going through. I apologize if anything I said to you above is taken as rude or offensive. I'd rather not change it because I write these as I go along through the thread, and so they're my thoughts on things as I go through it, so it's fresh in my mind. But if it seems mean, I'm sorry.

MyOwnWorstEnemy
Mastahcheese:
I think it's quite suspicious that TDS was night killed and he didn't seem like a threat to the scum. I think that's a big thing. It makes me wonder.
As for him not having any reads on anyone, it's understandable. D1 for me is just mass confusion.
Would you care to explain exactly what it is that you're wondering about? What conclusions does it lead you too?
Also, you seem to have failed to notice that I didn't give you a question in the post where I asked everyone a question. In fact, Wolf even mentioned this, and you still don't seem to notice! Are you reading everything, or just the stuff with your name attached?
This isn't the first time I've pointed out your lack of observation.
MyOwnWorstEnemy
Mastahcheese:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: You're a Union Soldier, and someone is going after you, despite not having real evidence, yet people are still agreeing with them. What do you do? And why?
I'd point out the flaws in my attacker's logic and go after them.
Good answer, but you failed to state why. How much attention are you really paying here?
So tell me again, MOWE, how much attention are you really paying here? Or do you already know all the answers you need?

+!!scientist!!+
You want to know something?
I actually forgot you were playing in this.
That's not a good thing.
I have questions that need answering.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2014, 12:46:53 am »

Dang it, I was meaning to put Extend in there and forgot.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2014, 05:41:17 am »

Cheese
I'm still awaiting your responses to my questions, NQT.
Hopefully these were they:
DarkStar is dead. What are your thoughts on this?
It's odd that they chose Darkstar. I've now entertaining two competing theories: either the Confederates thought he was least likely to be the Ugly, and so killed him and the Bad is one of the lurkers; or the remaining Confederates are scared of hitting the Ugly and so didn't take a shot and something Darkstar said made the Bad think he was a third-party. Alternatively, both teams could have targeted him and in that case we should pay more attention to his reads... unless that's what they wanted us to do.

What are your thoughts on DarkStar's reads?
Well, he didn't seem to have made any strong reads at all. They're mostly all 'slight scum' or 'null'. It's a shame more people didn't interact yesterday, otherwise we could have gleaned more from reads and interactions after the flips.

Thanks for the reads by the way, this will help.

MOWE
MOWE, Solymyr, IG, as vote leader,  unvoted and shortened. He could be voting someone else to break the tie and remove the danger of himself being lynched. Does that look like the actions of a person who's receiving advice from someone in a private chat?
I definitely think it was a collaboration. I think there was a reason behind what he did, probably involving drawing attention away from his scum partners. Although he did mention that he thought that one or two votes in RVS doesn't matter. I think eventually he just gave up after the votes turned out to be more significant than what he'd originally thought.
I've seen players just give up before and I always find it odd. It's possible it was a deliberate ploy (in that case, his ally would be Scientist or Wolf), but it's equally possible that we have a lurker scum-team that wasn't giving him any guidance (or he simply didn't take into account the guidance).

Tiruin
Hey, handsome! If you keep on misusing and abusing the term of 'lurker' to make yourself look more active than the rest of us, I am shocked and awed at your comprehension value to utterly miss one part that you keep on repeating against me.
I can see where you're coming from: there is a difference in intent between a player that reads the thread but doesn't contribute (a 'lurker') and a player that is simply absent (possibly with good reason). I was referring to your Day 1 play anyway. I'm glad that you've been posting today, long may it continue.

So you easily attribute a sense of absence to someone you'd prefer seeing lynched, mmm?
In the absence of other information, lynching non-participating players makes sense on Day One. On later days, when there's more information, I'd say it wasn't quite a sufficient reason.

So you don't consider my statement as something, huh?

Information and their strings attached.
Is a general statement I counted towards it. I did mention I have a better detailed answer, yeah? Why didn't you talk about that and instead downplayed EVERYTHING I said, buddy?
The reason I withheld such is because the question you asked is pointed. Pointed meaning you asked this for good reason rather than any such RVS/Getting-to-know-you idea I could fathom as your intent. Why should I give you something, when my words are for the public notion, hm? NQT for Third-party president?
In lieu of this, I note a genuine lack of curiosity in you-rather a pointed and assertive manner of conduct in which you post. You seem to be acting less on principle and more of action. Fluffy action.
I didn't need to downplay everything you said on Day 1 because you barely said anything. This game is played by asking and answering pointed questions and now you admit to ignoring mine! I wanted you to contribute Day 1 so we'd all be able to have stronger reads Day 2. That was the point. My principle is this: good players should contribute and encourage other players to contribute. There's nothing 'fluffy' about that. And before you jump down my throat: I know you had good reason to be away yesterday, that's fine. But if you're in a mafia game then expect to be voted.

As I said, I wanted to set the mood with a tiny bit of roleplaying. I often do it in my initial post of the day. Don't you recall the roleplaying in Witches?
That was totally different. Here, you explicitly talk about the Union with flavorful details. I was more curious when you singled me out and generalized my disposition towards your work without  you yourself giving me leeway to explain myself in that post.
Hence my annoyance towards you that you like to conclude beforehand.
Talking about being a true Yankee is no different to writing everything in a French accent. Other than keeping my vote on you due to the fact that you never came back with your promised questions, I've treated you no differently than anyone else.

And here I speak for the oppressed. You ABUSE the term of being a LURKER without doing ANY research on the people you judge to LABEL!
If you paid ATTENTION, you would've noticed my absence was GENUINE. Bloody hell do you expect me to have a case when I'm absent.
Do you?
DO YOU?
Hah. Answer that snarkpants.
I made several minor Day 1 cases and am pursuing a number of lines of questioning today, and unlike the scum and third parties I actually intend to use my vote productively. I understand that you were absent genuinely and that's OK. My vote on you yesterday was holding you to a promise that you yourself made. You said questions were forthcoming and they weren't. It's day 2 and we have more information and I'm making fresh cases. Your vote on me looks like a time-delayed OMGUS.

SBC, Darkpaladin109, Tiruin, +!!scientist!!+, 4maskwolf, Imperial Guardsman— why didn't you guys cast your vote by the end of the day?
Because I had a lacking read on anyone.
Surprising no?
Not surprising, but it's good for you to say.

You're intentionally being blind, aren't you? I specifically SAID it was RL stuff.

Edit: Oh damn this. LOOK BELOW FOR MY RL STUFF.
I wasn't being intentionally blind. Tiruin, I'm really sorry about your aunt and I totally understand you're having a tough time and that it's all a legitimate reason not to be around. I wasn't trying to be hard on you for it. I'm not an unfeeling monster. Just to reiterate: my Day 1 vote on you was because of this:

Addressing the stuffs later on.
I took this to mean, 'later on, on Day 1'. You might disagree but on Day 1 I think when someone promises something it's legitimate to vote them until they fulfil that promise. Just like I'm doing with Caz now. As much as I like you and empathise with your situation, we're still playing a game and that game requires us to vote people if we want to win.

That's fine. It happens.

Wolf
NQT: Perhaps lynching so called "useless" people is the most EFFICIENT way to play mafia, but it sure as hell isn't going to be how I play.  What I don't understand is why people having real life makes them useless.  Perhaps if you'd had any facts against Tiruin, I would agree with you, but you DON'T.  I may have to start a policy lynch of lynch all people who attack those with RL issues.  Because this is a game, not a war, and in any face to face context what you have been saying about people (specifically Tiruin and, to a lesser extent, SBC) would NOT be acceptable.
Uh oh, there's been a serious miscommunication here. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to imply that people having real life makes them useless people— they just don't give us any help in playing the game. My vote on Tiruin yesterday (I'm not voting her right now, note) was holding her to something she'd said, which is just a regular Day 1 move in mafia, as I explained to you in my last post. I think it's okay to vote for non-participating players on Day 1 in the absence of other information (Tiruin is just as likely to be a Confederate as anyone else). I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feeling by calling people 'useless'. It's possible that word is milder for me than for others. I only meant that in terms of giving us information and helping the game they weren't able to contribute. I'm sure they're all great people.

... Sorry for the rant, guys, I've had a bad day and I feel really bad for Tiruin's family right now and the way NQT has phrased things has bugged me for a while now and I just snapped... my apologies...

But look.  Tiruin has a major reason to be out right now.  That does not mean we should policy lynch her.
SBC has a reason to be out right now.  That does not mean that we should policy lynch him either.
Now.  Let's focus on the people who CAN be in the game actively.  Whether they do or don't play is the real issue.  I'm looking at you, DP and Caz.  If either of you two has an RL reason not to post, just say that RL is getting in the way, but don't just lurk.
I agree with you. We have information now on Day 2 so there is absolutely no reason to policy lynch anyone today.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2014, 07:52:45 am »

4maskwolf-
Mastahcheese-
notquitethere- Tiruin
Caz- notquitethere
Superblackcat-
Darkpaladin109- 4maskwolf
Solymr-
Tiruin-
MyOwnWorstEnemy-
+!!scientist!!+-
No Lynch-

Not Voting- SBC, Darkpaladin109, +!!scientist!!+, mastahcheese, MOWE, Solymr, Caz

2 votes to Extend
0 votes to Shorten

Day 2 will end February 28th, at 11:00 PM EST

I sent a prod to Scientist 12 hours ago telling him if he didn't respond in the next 30 hours (18 now) I'd start looking for a replacement for him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:10 am »

OK, let's answer all the questions I could find.
Solmyr: You are on your first game, yet you seem to have a fairly good grasp of the game.  You have answered every question until the recent ones with fairly well thought-out answers.  Why have you presented what you would do as scum in several places?  Particularly things that you could well have done/be doing?
Somebody asked me and I answered. Simple as that.

MOWE, Solymyr, IG, as vote leader,  unvoted and shortened. He could be voting someone else to break the tie and remove the danger of himself being lynched. Does that look like the actions of a person who's receiving advice from someone in a private chat?
That looked like he was trying to get himself killed. It doesn't look like something a scum would do, but certainly advise to do to try and look less scummy, which partially worked.

As fot TDS' reads:
He didn't seem to get strong reads on a lot of people. The strongest read was DP, who seems like he got a hard role for a first timer and is being overtly cautious. He might be getting framed, but he sure isn't acting like a regular townie.
This could be scum trying to frame DP, but he's really digging himself deeper, so this could very well be a random kill by the Bad.

Now for some analysis of my own:
DP:
As I said before, I think he got a complex role for someone playing mafia for the first time, and is trying to make the best of it by being overly cautious. Most certainly not vanilla town.

Caz:
This post makes me think that Caz was trying to throw IG under the bus after a slip without actually getting involved in the accusations. He posted a lot less after that.

NQT, Wolf:
Not sure what is up with these two. They could be massively playing me but both seem fairly town to me.

mastahcheese:
I could take his pressure as scum trying to save his partner, but it really does seem like scumhunting to me, even if it was against myself. Town for the time being.

SBC:
Extend to see how he responds to all this.

Tiruin:
Gonna leave her alone for the time being.

MOWE:
Slight town because of the IG vote, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary other than not being very active.

Ppe or whateveryoucallit

scientist:
IG tried to bandwagon him early on, so I don't think he's scum. Then he suddenly disappeared, making me think that he's a third party or dropped dead.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2014, 08:41:02 am »

Solymr— I freely admit to being wrong about Imperial Guardsman. I've looked back over his interactions with other players and the most suspicious was with Caz (in which the latter was disappointed that he was giving up so soon), but this is by no means conclusive.

Tiruin— Also, when you're free and ready, would you be able to give us your reads?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:30 am »

Mr. Cheese:
MyOwnWorstEnemy
Mastahcheese:
I think it's quite suspicious that TDS was night killed and he didn't seem like a threat to the scum. I think that's a big thing. It makes me wonder.
As for him not having any reads on anyone, it's understandable. D1 for me is just mass confusion.
Would you care to explain exactly what it is that you're wondering about? What conclusions does it lead you too?
Also, you seem to have failed to notice that I didn't give you a question in the post where I asked everyone a question. In fact, Wolf even mentioned this, and you still don't seem to notice! Are you reading everything, or just the stuff with your name attached?
This isn't the first time I've pointed out your lack of observation.
MyOwnWorstEnemy
Mastahcheese:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: You're a Union Soldier, and someone is going after you, despite not having real evidence, yet people are still agreeing with them. What do you do? And why?
Good answer, but you failed to state why. How much attention are you really paying here?
So tell me again, MOWE, how much attention are you really paying here? Or do you already know all the answers you need?
I'm wondering about wtf is up here. Only one kill last night with three people with the ability to kill. "It makes me wonder" for me is basically saying its suspicious to me. It makes me wonder what's up.

As for your question, I answered it a long time ago, Mastahcheese. Just how much attention are you paying my friend?
MyOwnWorstEnemy
Mastahcheese:

Apparently not enough to notice the "why" tagged on the end. Sorry about that. I'd point out their flaws in logic and attack them for it because that's how I feel one should react in that situation and that's how I feel I would react. When someone's convincing the others to go after you with no evidence, you do your best to prove to the others that they have no evidence. It just seems logical to me.

Wolf:
MOWE IS BACK!!!!!
??? ...Is that sarcasm or do I really invoke excitement after returning from my great adventure of...two days?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33