Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: You are a Villian  (Read 9270 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Villian
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:49 pm »

After buying some gear for the heist, you head out. Checking out the car, you hop in, looking for the keys. You don't find it, which is unfortunate since security just trodded over to you.  You stare at the burly man and say"aw man, you got me"" you slam the door into his head, knocking him to the ground. He gets up, taking out his explandale baton. You take out your katana, staring at him. His nose is bloodied from being hit by the door, but that won't stop him.

Guard: health= 23/25        weapon:Baton

Mastermind:10/10.           Weapon:katana
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:21:31 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 09:03:46 pm »

Go on the defensive, but try to get in a hit or two.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 11:50:29 pm »

Don't wait. Immediately poke him through the chest. It's dark, and more difficult both to see and to deflect a stabbing weapon than a slashing weapon. No need to be fancy. Chest is a big target. Lungs are hard to miss. Put a big hole in one of them. Orient the blade parallel to the ground so as to slide cleanly between ribs with minimal resistance.

After stabbing, pull out and repeat. Don't be an idiot and stab once then leave it there. He won't die immediately and the sword is the only thing between us and the baton. Be aware that with a sword in his chest, there's nothing stopping him from taking swings at us during his frantic, panicked final moments of life, and our sword being in his chest robs us of a parrying tool.

Also, don't get stuck between him and the car.

Stab, yank, stab. Back off. If he screams, off with his head. Cut from the front rather than the side. We probably lack the technique for a clean decapitation, but the front of the neck is easy to cut and the blood filling his throat will make it difficult for him to be very loud.

If possible, try not to get blood on ourselves.

Go on the defensive, but try to get in a hit or two

He's already wounded, and he took a blow to the head. He's probably disoriented and not thinking straight. Now is the best time to attack. We also have a range advantage, and while his weapon is only dangerous if he hits us with it, ours is dangerous if he tries to grab it. There's no reason to give him time to recover enough to do the sensible thing: scream and run, then call for help.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 08:15:42 am »

yes set just stab him and cut him down, the loot his id.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 09:41:36 am »

Fight like a madman to intimidate him.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »

+1 for Lordbuckets method of cold-blooded, calculated, efficient and unneccessary murder. Maybe minus the last one, but w/e.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50:22 pm »

Show him your stabs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

Don't wait. Immediately poke him through the chest. It's dark, and more difficult both to see and to deflect a stabbing weapon than a slashing weapon. No need to be fancy. Chest is a big target. Lungs are hard to miss. Put a big hole in one of them. Orient the blade parallel to the ground so as to slide cleanly between ribs with minimal resistance.
Except you can't really stab with a katana (any better then with a (very, very long) butter knife, which admittedly can be stabbed with.) I bet we're glad we spent the extra 50 bucks. And especially glad we didn't go with the gun. (But a1s, the sound of gunshots would have attracted attention- I hear you say. Well, with a gun, you don't have to stab people to get them to back off, because you don't need to be near them to hurt them.) I guess a crossbow would work equally well, but be silent...
That all being said, hit the bastard with your sword- we can get a crossbow when we're safe.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 06:52:59 pm »

Except you can't really stab with a katana (any better then with a (very, very long) butter knife, which admittedly can be stabbed with.) I bet we're glad we spent the extra 50 bucks. And especially glad we didn't go with the gun. (But a1s, the sound of gunshots would have attracted attention- I hear you say. Well, with a gun, you don't have to stab people to get them to back off, because you don't need to be near them to hurt them.) I guess a crossbow would work equally well, but be silent...
That all being said, hit the bastard with your sword- we can get a crossbow when we're safe.

My good man, I am not certain if you know enough about swords. Katanas, while renowned for their dangerous edge, are more than capable of stabbing a man.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:45 pm »

My good man, I am not certain if you know enough about swords. Katanas, while renowned for their dangerous edge, are more than capable of stabbing a man.
I don't know much about them*, no. I never hear of katanas being used for stabbing, however, and a cursory google search turned up a Yahoo Answers thing that says you shouldn't do that. Of course the guy is talking about sport, not combat...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:36:22 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:17 am »

you can't really stab with a katana

It's easier to stab with a straight blade than a curved blade, yes, but a katana is perfectly serviceable as a stabbing weapon. The concerns about breaking it might be valid if we're talking about a 1600s sword stabbing an armored opponent, but we're using a generic replica sword probably stamped from 440 stainless steel on a guy wearing ordinary clothing.

As someone who has personally destroyed a couple swords from use, if the GM is aiming for realistic, our sword is doomed to fall apart sooner or later regardless of how gentle we are with it. But it's not the blade that's going to break. It's the handle.

That white stuff you see under the black cloth? That's cheap molded plastic about as strong as the plastic in your computer keyboard. The blade itself only extends about halfway down the length of the handle and it's all held together by a couple bolts. So when the blade strikes something, the whole thing vibrates, causing the cheap plastic around the bolts to crack and wear away. After a couple good whacks the blade and the handle will wiggle independently of each other and from that point you only have a couple more hits before the plastic cracks completely and the whole thing falls apart.

I never hear of katanas being used for stabbing

Thrust to the neck is an officially recognized attack in kendo. It's not taught to beginners because it's dangerous. Here's a a video of a guy winning a match with it.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 08:14:38 am »

You push a deep strike into this poor man's chest, not cutting the lungs like you intended to, but it actually cuts open an artery. The man flails in fear, knocking the wind out of you. You take a wild swing at his neck, and just manage to get the shot deep enough, but not before he smashes you in the face. Breathing in a scoop of air, you grab his ID, credit card, and keys to the car. As you look at the SUV it has some blood on it. Barely any, at least.
10/10.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 08:45:36 am »

Remove the guard's shirt and use it to wipe the blood off both our sword and off the SUV. Check in a mirror to make sure that we're presentable. Then head to our buyer and get an offer.

you grab his ID, credit card, and keys to the car.

Any cash? Also, take his baton.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »

Checking over his body again, you grab his baton and flip it closed as you shove it onto your pocket. Unfortunately, he has no money.
10/10.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »

Status check. How are we feeling after our first murder?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8