Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: You are a Villian  (Read 9256 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Villian
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »

Yes, he took the sword. You have only your baton now.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2014, 09:49:34 pm »

Now that we have some working capital, it's time to begin the first stage of our plan for world domination:

Step 1:
Register a non-profit organization by the name of Save the Orphans. Set up a website, fill it with emotional pleas and pictures of starving children. Get a PO Box and set up a paypal account, and set ourselves up to accept donations to save all the helpess and starving unloved homeless children dying of AIDS.

Step 2:
Rent an executive office. One of those cheap $500/month ones that put you in 10x10 foot room, but have really awesome meeting rooms to use and give you a shared receptionist. Buy a suit.

Step 3
Have some business cards and nice stationary printed and send out mailers both to every high school in the state as well as every courthouse offering community service hours doing door to door donation collection for Save The Orphans as well as "other tasks."

This gives us an income stream and minions. Plus if thing go well eventually we can build an actual orphanage and accept orphans to be trained to become obedient mooks.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »

Did he take the sword?
you mean: "did he take the murder weapon?", which he did. ;D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2014, 10:40:53 pm »

Now that we have some working capital, it's time to begin the first stage of our plan for world domination:

Step 1:
Register a non-profit organization by the name of Save the Orphans. Set up a website, fill it with emotional pleas and pictures of starving children. Get a PO Box and set up a paypal account, and set ourselves up to accept donations to save all the helpess and starving unloved homeless children dying of AIDS.

Step 2:
Rent an executive office. One of those cheap $500/month ones that put you in 10x10 foot room, but have really awesome meeting rooms to use and give you a shared receptionist. Buy a suit.

Step 3
Have some business cards and nice stationary printed and send out mailers both to every high school in the state as well as every courthouse offering community service hours doing door to door donation collection for Save The Orphans as well as "other tasks."

This gives us an income stream and minions. Plus if thing go well eventually we can build an actual orphanage and accept orphans to be trained to become obedient mooks.
+1

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2014, 07:11:09 am »

Pressing a few screens on your computer, that will leave you with... 1,300 dollars.  Maybe your mother making you take extra classes in your high school classes was worth it, because you can design your website with simplicity, You put in the smallest text possible in the middle of terms and conditions that there is a chance all profits might not go directly to the orphans. Not that anybody reads that stuff anyway. You start printing out some cards and paper advertising, sending it out. You count the money as it rolls in and you eventually have 4000 dollars.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:55:34 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2014, 10:09:55 am »

Right can we buy some body armor and a new sword.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2014, 10:13:46 am »

all profits might not go directly to the orphans.

That's actually standard practice. Billions of dollars go to charities that spend 4-11% of donations on the cause they're claiming to help.

http://news.msn.com/us/little-money-actually-goes-to-causes-charity-investigation
http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

Only a very few charities spend more than 65% on their cause, and if we spend as little as 15% on children that will be enough to avoid getting on a "worst charity" list. And it's unlikely that anyone will audit us in our first few years even if we're bringing in millions of dollars. There won't even be tax records to look at for another year.

The best part though, is that we can easily spend a good portion of the money on things that do count as "going to the cause" even through they're things that we want to do anyway. For example, if we spend a million dollars building an evil secret lair orphanage and kidnap house some slaves experimental test subjects minions abandoned children in need of homes...there's our donation money being put to evil good use.

That's pretty much what I had in mind.

by the next mont and have 4,000 dollars!

$2700 in our first month. Excellent.

1) Continue pushing for donators.

2) Start taking regular ninjutsu classes. Three nights a week at least. Also, become a regular at the local parkour club.

3) Attend some NLP and communication seminars.

4) Recruit some slave labor completely legal interns desperate for work experience for their resume to do our accounting, maintain the website and handle general office work.

5) Talk to people at the parkour group and get to know our interns and donation solicitors. Look for easily molded people who are discontent with their lives and the status quo of society, scared for the future and in desperate need of our personal guidance and vision. Use our newly founded interpersonal communication skills to engender a deep sense of rapport and loyalty. Buy them dinner. Notice if their shoes are old and they need new ones while out walking door to door for donations. Get involved with them personally and individually. Find out their interests, hobbies and skills. Our organization will require individuals with many skills: lawyers and accountants, mind control handlers, construction workers, security, public relations representatives, speech writers, thugs, genetic engineers and scientists. Many things. We may as well recruit minions who will be genuinely happy in the roles we provide for them. If we can get people absolutely loyal to us and willing to work for us in fields they want to work in, we'll be happy to provide them with the training they need to do with they love for their evil overlord.

Pay attention to their emotional and financial needs and fulfill them. Make them feel like "we're going somewhere" and if they get on board "at the ground level" they'll "get ahead" in life. Give them the ghosts of christmas treatment: Drive them to the ghetto and show them people living in cardboard boxes. Tell them that they've been lied to all their life and that that's what happens to people who fall for it. Then dress up in expensive clothe and eat good food and wine and show that that if they follow us, they too can live a life of luxury. Show them both a carrot and a whip. But we're not the one who'll be doing the whipping. They'll be whipping themselves and suffering for it their entire lives if they don't jump through the window of opportunity we're offering them.

Our goal is willful, loving obedience and gratitude. Personal loyalty to us. We are their family now.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2014, 10:13:50 am »

I would put about a quarter of that money to actually helping the orphans. It seems like a healthy amount that will keep us out of trouble, and it leaves us at about 3000. Besides, we can put the results of our philanthropy online, inspiring others to pay.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:33 am »

yes let help a bit.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2014, 12:16:25 pm »

all profits might not go directly to the orphans.

That's actually standard practice. Billions of dollars go to charities that spend 4-11% of donations on the cause they're claiming to help.

http://news.msn.com/us/little-money-actually-goes-to-causes-charity-investigation
http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

Only a very few charities spend more than 65% on their cause, and if we spend as little as 15% on children that will be enough to avoid getting on a "worst charity" list. And it's unlikely that anyone will audit us in our first few years even if we're bringing in millions of dollars. There won't even be tax records to look at for another year.

The best part though, is that we can easily spend a good portion of the money on things that do count as "going to the cause" even through they're things that we want to do anyway. For example, if we spend a million dollars building an evil secret lair orphanage and kidnap house some slaves experimental test subjects minions abandoned children in need of homes...there's our donation money being put to evil good use.

That's pretty much what I had in mind.

by the next mont and have 4,000 dollars!

$2700 in our first month. Excellent.

1) Continue pushing for donators.

2) Start taking regular ninjutsu classes. Three nights a week at least. Also, become a regular at the local parkour club.

3) Attend some NLP and communication seminars.

4) Recruit some slave labor completely legal interns desperate for work experience for their resume to do our accounting, maintain the website and handle general office work.

5) Talk to people at the parkour group and get to know our interns and donation solicitors. Look for easily molded people who are discontent with their lives and the status quo of society, scared for the future and in desperate need of our personal guidance and vision. Use our newly founded interpersonal communication skills to engender a deep sense of rapport and loyalty. Buy them dinner. Notice if their shoes are old and they need new ones while out walking door to door for donations. Get involved with them personally and individually. Find out their interests, hobbies and skills. Our organization will require individuals with many skills: lawyers and accountants, mind control handlers, construction workers, security, public relations representatives, speech writers, thugs, genetic engineers and scientists. Many things. We may as well recruit minions who will be genuinely happy in the roles we provide for them. If we can get people absolutely loyal to us and willing to work for us in fields they want to work in, we'll be happy to provide them with the training they need to do with they love for their evil overlord.

Pay attention to their emotional and financial needs and fulfill them. Make them feel like "we're going somewhere" and if they get on board "at the ground level" they'll "get ahead" in life. Give them the ghosts of christmas treatment: Drive them to the ghetto and show them people living in cardboard boxes. Tell them that they've been lied to all their life and that that's what happens to people who fall for it. Then dress up in expensive clothe and eat good food and wine and show that that if they follow us, they too can live a life of luxury. Show them both a carrot and a whip. But we're not the one who'll be doing the whipping. They'll be whipping themselves and suffering for it their entire lives if they don't jump through the window of opportunity we're offering them.

Our goal is willful, loving obedience and gratitude. Personal loyalty to us. We are their family now.
+1

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »

First post, even though I've been watching this for a while.

LordBucket's ideas are good (Although, overhead isn't as important as you might think. After all, they need that money to operate efficiently: Cataloging, shipping, and even just paying the office workers. You have to spend money to make money.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2014, 12:44:04 pm »

Good Ideas from LordBucket, thou I would say one thing for the record - stay away from NLP. Just like you can't control all of your facial muscles by intellect alone at once, you can't process the information of another ones face with our intellect. That is what intuition is for, and which can be trained. Or rather, the subconscious mind does all this work either way (albeit if you pay attention, it obviously will also improve), you only need to learn how to get that information towards the intellect.

I say, cold reading is a great way to practice these social skills, and if you procclaim to be a psychology-student and thus won't take any money for the "service", you will get enough "customers" to sharpen them re~eal quick.  :P

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »

Let's go with LordBucket's plans. Best get-minions-quick scheme I've ever seen. Do we know anything about or anyone who knows about economics and/or programming? If so, we could set up an automated stock-trading program. If we don't actually use it's advice for the first few months, we can test it's predictions and refine it. Giving it a simple simulator and an understanding of market manipulation should give us more capital and something to hide behind once we start getting nemesises (I know nemesi isn't right, but what is the plural of nemesis?).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:59:10 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

This world is broken. We can fix it. When we are done, orphans shall rule the earth.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2014, 04:41:16 pm »

Let's go with LordBucket's plans. Best get-minions-quick scheme I've ever seen. Do we know anything about or anyone who knows about economics and/or programming? If so, we could set up an automated stock-trading program. If we don't actually use it's advice for the first few months, we can test it's predictions and refine it. Giving it a simple simulator and an understanding of market manipulation should give us more capital and something to hide behind once we start getting nemesises (I know nemesi isn't right, but what is the plural of nemesis?).
I think it's nemeses.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8