Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109290 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

1. Most likely they planned on having the engagement ceremony to make it official as soon as possible and the wedding after that. Anna was most likely just over zealous due to the fact that she was attention starved and convinced she was in love and Hans was encouraging her to try and get the most potentially flawed part of his plan out of the way as fast as possible. (Because, lets be frank, assassinating Disney royalty, especially if you are married into the family, would be ridiculously easy.)
2. Wasn't me, I found it on the internet and it was the only one that responded to my search that had that scene.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:16:16 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Um... sh-should we g-get some ice... f-for me to practice  sh-sh-shattering?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"I dunno. Isn't there ice, like, everywhere? Try shattering that, eh?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Selina shrugs and goes to try this for a bit.
[/quote]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Arrendale, if not an island, seems to be surrounded by high mountains, at least around the capital, which seem to have a permanent snowcap. Even in mundane war, these would present a significant problem for an invading army. A full-on invasion likely requires finding a pass through them.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

1. Most likely they planned on having the engagement ceremony to make it official as soon as possible and the wedding after that. Anna was most likely just over zealous due to the fact that she was attention starved and convinced she was in love and Hans was encouraging her to try and get the most potentially flawed part of his plan out of the way as fast as possible. (Because, lets be frank, assassinating Disney royalty, especially if you are married into the family, would be ridiculously easy.)
2. Wasn't me, I found it on the internet and it was the only one that responded to my search that had that scene.
1. ...which doesn't address that a similarly-shortened wedding was evidently allowable.
2. Not blaming you.

"I dunno. Isn't there ice, like, everywhere? Try shattering that, eh?"
It's summer, not winter.

(Arrendale, if not an island, seems to be surrounded by high mountains, at least around the capital, which seem to have a permanent snowcap. Even in mundane war, these would present a significant problem for an invading army. A full-on invasion likely requires finding a pass through them.)
As indicated by all the forest Anna rode through just to get to the mountains?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yes, but that forest was inside the mountains, towards the capital. That, or it was on the slopes of the mountains. Either way, those mountains are between the edge of the kingdom and the capital area. To reach Elsa, they'll have to be crossed at some point.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:50:22 pm by HugoLuman »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Selina instead then tries to summon something small out of crystal. No bigger than her hand in size. In her tent of course.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yes, but that forest was inside the mountains, towards the capital. That, or it was on the slopes of the mountains. Either way, those mountains are between the edge of the kingdom and the capital area. To reach Elsa, they'll have to be crossed at some point.)
Hills, I'd buy. And that hardly says anything; there are hills in the Midwest, which isn't exactly mountainous.
Let's face it, we've got a better idea of the geography of the Springfield region than the Arendell region. We know that there are mountains and ocean near both, but we don't know anything else about Arendell. Yeah, mountains are probably an issue...if there aren't any passes. And if it's easy to get up to the North Mountain in what is effectively the dead of winter, there are going to be passes.

Selina instead then tries to summon something small out of crystal. No bigger than her hand in size. In her tent of course.
Power: [3]
Control: [1-0.2=1]
That was close.
Selina makes a little twisted ball of spiky crystal. It shatters in her hand, which swiftly turns red.
...Oh. It's bleeding. That's bad.
((Sufficiently sharp blades can cut without causing pain. That's what I'm basing this off of.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Fair))

Selina pales considerably before running towards the herbalist tent, her herb bag on her back as well. If necissary, she slowly explains how to treat this to the camp healer.
[/quote]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(From the movie, we can see mountains all around the area, except for the coast. Yes, there will be passes, but those passes are probably going to be guarded. I'm not saying "ooh invasion is completely implausible," I'm just saying it's going to be tough)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"'Kay, maybe we shouldn't be using magic unless we really need to. That okay with y'all?"

Are we moving out soon?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Fair))
Selina pales considerably before running towards the herbalist tent, her herb bag on her back as well. If necissary, she slowly explains how to treat this to the camp healer.
She gets healed.
"Careful with that magic stuff. Be glad it's only a little cut. We can't do much if you blow off a limb."

(From the movie, we can see mountains all around the area, except for the coast. Yes, there will be passes, but those passes are probably going to be guarded. I'm not saying "ooh invasion is completely implausible," I'm just saying it's going to be tough)
((On the other hand, we outnumber the Arendell...ian? Arendellan? Arenian? We outnumber their army. I've decided that there are around 3-4 thousand soldiers total in their army, plus the icemen; there are several thousand in this part of the army.
Being able to combine the might of multiple large nations makes an army a much larger one. Yeah...there's a reason they're confident.))

"'Kay, maybe we shouldn't be using magic unless we really need to. That okay with y'all?"

Are we moving out soon?
Yeah, it doesn't seem anyone else has stuff to say.

You march out. Half a dozen magicians, two dozen soldiers, and a witch-hunter. It doesn't take a week before Finna says you're close.
"Alright. First, let's take these bastards on. I've heard reports about them, but they're contradictory. We'll need to see for ourselves. You six, hide to the side and watch."
You do as you are commanded, because the other option not only increases the RL time taken but also exposes you to the wrath of both icemen and Finna. Not that the icemen were what you had expected. You had heard a wide variety of stories. They're ten feet tall, twenty, fifty, a hundred, two. They have two arms, four, none. They barely have any snow falling or they leave snowdrifts in their wake. They're snow ghosts, ice golems, weird hybrids, with spikes, clubs, steel swords, crystal armor. They fly, or burrow, or run. They can only be killed by cutting off their head, or by smashing it, or they fall apart with any strong blow. They can teleport, regenerate, summon massive blasts of snow to bury soldiers. You don't think these all can be true, and you hope most are wrong.

Well, the good news is that most are wrong.
They are humanoid, about six to seven feet tall usually. They are more snow than ice; their heads appear to be ice covered with a layer of snow and look nearly human, which makes them all that much creepier. It's hard to say if the slightly-too-large mouth, the pale color, or the very human eyes disturb you more. As for the body, it too seems to be mostly snow, with an ice core. Their limbs are thin and snowy, with large hands of ice. Some have a club, sword, or other weapon in place of one hand, or have plates of icy armor over their snowy bodies. They walk on thin legs, which seem to be moving at the wrong speed, and are surrounded with a thin coat of falling snow, which vanishes in a faint flash of blue when they move far enough away.
There must be close to a hundred of them, easily fulfilling predictions. They don't seem to be too observant, but are accompanied by maybe a dozen humans who are. They point to Finna's small force. You can barely hear their orders: "Kill those soldiers! Catch them! Hurt them!" At "hurt," they turn towards Finna's force, mostly lightly-armored soldiers with swift legs and tough, light blades. Finna orders them to attack; the icemen run towards the force. No, not run; they almost glide above the ground, their forms barely visible as the snowfall they create increases in volume. Finna orders a fighting retreat; the icemen are strong enough to cripple men with a few blows, most blows do nothing to harm them, and they are fast. Several of Finna's men fall, but a few icemen do as well to the more experienced soldiers. Blows to the upper body seem most effective.

Now, you need to decide. Will you stand by and watch Finna's force fight, or will you intervene?
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (The Plan Goes Awry, but I Remember to Change the Title)
« Reply #1108 on: April 06, 2014, 10:35:57 am »

"W-will do... *sigh* I wish I h-had control..."

Selina is watching, horrified by what she was seeing! This wasn't what she wanted in her life! This was a terrible! Looking behind her briefly to get away from the carnage, Selina sees M sneaking in the trees behind them. WHY HAD SHE FOLLOWED THEM!? Selina is definately panicking now, trying to figure out what to do!

Maybe... escape? Could she get away now? Only Finna and the other mages were here... Run into the trees to puke, then grab M and run?
[/quote]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (The Plan Goes Awry, but I Remember to Change the Title)
« Reply #1109 on: April 06, 2014, 10:37:25 am »

"Boy, they're gettin' creamed. Let's help 'em, 'cause God sure doesn't seem ta wanna. Light guy, can you light fires? Anyway, y'all, try to get the people. Those ice guys seem ta be kinda useless without somebody ta point 'em at enemies."

Fire the hugest blast of oil I can at the icemen. Sound logic, right?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:38:56 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 90