Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109242 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Non-Training Montage 1--The Smugglers' Den)
« Reply #1080 on: April 04, 2014, 01:10:45 pm »

Kyle leaves with a frown.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:15 pm »

Selina leaves shortly after words, checking on her friend who was now at the camp with them. When everything started moving with this... war... it had come down to her having to bring the young girl into the camp. She had taken to calling her M for now, as she had no other name for her. She seemed okay with being in the camp, but both M and Selina knew nothing good would come from staying with this army.

((
Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)
Good guess for the armor?))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Good enough.

I'm going to assume Selina and Kyle leave at the end of briefing, so if you guys want to respond to stuff that comes up from others' questions or whatever, go ahead.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Actually Kyle leaves then out if disgust.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll keep that in mind if Finna ever needs to list the reasons why Kyle is a terrible soldier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Kext felt uneasy. He was hardly made for this kind of thing. He'd never been in charge of anything more than a slightly dirty stick and a ball of twine. The responsibility frightened him and made him uneasy. Nevertheless, he would tackle the responsibility. That witch lady seemed to think he was good enough, and he hadn't gotten this far by not trusting the judgment of wiser, cleverer, smarterer people.

"Sure, I'll be yer leadering guy. Do a bang-up job of it, too, jus' wait and see."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Kuroe snores, currently asleep.(The die I was rolling for RP landed on six)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Who's got Fire, again?)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kext felt uneasy. He was hardly made for this kind of thing. He'd never been in charge of anything more than a slightly dirty stick and a ball of twine. The responsibility frightened him and made him uneasy. Nevertheless, he would tackle the responsibility. That witch lady seemed to think he was good enough, and he hadn't gotten this far by not trusting the judgment of wiser, cleverer, smarterer people.

"Sure, I'll be yer leadering guy. Do a bang-up job of it, too, jus' wait and see."
"I certainly hope so. If you die...try not to die, because the next-best candidates are a pirate and asleep."

(Who's got Fire, again?)
((Logan has Light. Angel and Kext have flammable substances.))
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1089 on: April 04, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »

What makes you say the political guests were still there? Kinda illogical. Once the roads and seas were clear...the coronation was over, the hostess was a scary ice witch, and a scene or two before the ice skating we see the Duke and other political guests getting onto their ships and leaving. Before hearing that trade was cut off, for the Duke. (Good timing.)

By the way, they weren't technically engaged. If this is back in the day then engagement requires ceremony for it to be formal.
Anna and Hans told Elsa they were engaged. Either this requirement doesn't exist (which is an assumption I'd rather not make, for several reasons--chief among them being that it's a boring assumption), they performed the ceremony at some point (more or less the way Hans claimed they performed their marriage after Anna "died," and hence evidently an acceptable (though probably frowned-upon) way to performing the ceremony), or Anna somehow didn't know and Hans played off this knowledge, expecting that no one would fact-check this little detail ("So, how was the engagement ceremony?" "Wait, what?"). The first, as noted, is a boring assumption and has other issues; the last is out-of-character for Hans due to how easily the lie could fall apart and how little he gains; the second is plausible and interesting.
The sea was frozen, they couldn't have left. The coronation was completed but the after-party was interrupted. Her guests were held up for several days after they were probably due to return, so of course Elsa would be taking the time to do the political thing and make it up to them with a small party, and also show them that her powers aren't bad, before sending them on their way.

The only people leaving were the representatives of Wesselton and Hans' kingdom because they were being kicked out.

So.. Something is more true because it's more interesting? That's an awful argument! :l
No, the engagement ceremony requires attendance of family on both sides, just like a wedding. I also don't recall them saying they were engaged.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:09:07 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Logan salutes Kext sincerely.

You'll do great "Boss!" I'm behind you all the way! Logan claps him on the shoulder gives a thumbs-up.

While this goes on he looks at Finna respectfully. So we'll be doing this before or during the landing? I presume we'd want to take care of the animata before they can get a chance to meet our main force. And speaking of swords.. Logan hefts his halberds. ..These'd do, right? I can slash with these..

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 04, 2014, 07:13:18 pm »

What makes you say the political guests were still there? Kinda illogical. Once the roads and seas were clear...the coronation was over, the hostess was a scary ice witch, and a scene or two before the ice skating we see the Duke and other political guests getting onto their ships and leaving. Before hearing that trade was cut off, for the Duke. (Good timing.)

By the way, they weren't technically engaged. If this is back in the day then engagement requires ceremony for it to be formal.
Anna and Hans told Elsa they were engaged. Either this requirement doesn't exist (which is an assumption I'd rather not make, for several reasons--chief among them being that it's a boring assumption), they performed the ceremony at some point (more or less the way Hans claimed they performed their marriage after Anna "died," and hence evidently an acceptable (though probably frowned-upon) way to performing the ceremony), or Anna somehow didn't know and Hans played off this knowledge, expecting that no one would fact-check this little detail ("So, how was the engagement ceremony?" "Wait, what?"). The first, as noted, is a boring assumption and has other issues; the last is out-of-character for Hans due to how easily the lie could fall apart and how little he gains; the second is plausible and interesting.
The sea was frozen, they couldn't have left. The coronation was completed but the after-party was interrupted. Her guests were held up for several days after they were probably due to return, so of course Elsa would be taking the time to do the political thing and make it up to them with a small party, and also show them that her powers aren't bad, before sending them on their way.

The only people leaving were the representatives of Wesselton and Hans' kingdom because they were being kicked out.

So.. Something is more true because it's more interesting? That's an awful argument! :l
No, the engagement ceremony requires attendance of family on both sides, just like a wedding. I also don't recall them saying they were engaged.
That is correct. They came to Elsa asking her to give their marriage her blessing (which most likely would be they only necessary action on Anna's family's part as Elsa is her only living relative that we know of.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:41:22 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 04, 2014, 09:11:35 pm »

Elsa unfroze the sea before the ice-rink scene, I'm amazed you missed that. What held up the guests? And didn't you notice that the guests were leaving in scenes before the ice-skating one? Remember? The Duke reacting to trade being cut off? Hans with a bucket thrown at his head?

Why was Weselton being kicked out? It was made pretty clear that he hadn't heard about any of this before the messenger told him about it.
Moreover...who all were those other people and ships? And, above all, where was it explained that the guests decided to stay with the scary ice witch?

We have to assume something, so we might as well assume something interesting. (Besides, it's not like the uninteresting side hurt my argument--in fact, it supports my side the most. I was mostly not going with that because it wasn't interesting to argue for.)

Right before Elsa and Anna started fighting. Are you sure you watched Frozen? It's kind of what started the whole plot.
And no one from either family was present when Hans claimed to have said his wedding vows with Anna. It was pretty clear that he thought this would let him make a good claim for the throne, so such a wedding must be acceptable. Presumably, the same would be true of the engagement ceremony.

While this goes on he looks at Finna respectfully. So we'll be doing this before or during the landing? I presume we'd want to take care of the animata before they can get a chance to meet our main force. And speaking of swords.. Logan hefts his halberds. ..These'd do, right? I can slash with these..
"Aye, we'll want to strike them sooner rather than later. And if you hit the right spot, a halberd works as well."
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 04, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »

Right before Elsa and Anna started fighting. Are you sure you watched Frozen? It's kind of what started the whole plot.
And no one from either family was present when Hans claimed to have said his wedding vows with Anna. It was pretty clear that he thought this would let him make a good claim for the throne, so such a wedding must be acceptable. Presumably, the same would be true of the engagement ceremony.
Actually as you can see in this video Anna and Hans were asking for Elsa to bless their marriage. While they treated it like they were already engaged they were (if I understand correctly) asking her permission to get married and simply reacted poorly to her denying their request.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Damn. I remembered that wrong. Still, they're talking about marriage as if the wedding is the next step, so it's kinda implied that they got the engagement out of the way. Either that, or the wedding would have been absurdly ostentatious.
2. The quality on that video was horrible. Was videotaping the DVD really the only way they could think of to digitize the scene?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 90