Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action! Room for one more!  (Read 8438 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You give a solid roundhouse kick to the glass jar, your foot connecting with a solid *Klink!*. A web of cracks begins to form out ward from your foot, soon engulfing the entire tank turning the once clear dome opaque. A scream, mechanical like tires burning rubber, comes out of the computer, long and high pitched, without stopping. The water-like liquid begins to shoot out from the container, as if it was a fountain, before breaking the container entirely. The fluid splashes all over, much of it landing on the computer causing sparks to fly out briefly. The screaming stops, leaving only you in a room with a burned out computer and the remains of a brain in the bottom of a jar.

What do you do now?

==================

You successfully roll to the side, just as the beast's attack closes in on you, barley escaping. You hear the crack of the whip near your left shoulder, but don't feel the pain of an actual attack. You bring down your heavy case with both hands, dissipating most the smoke. You feel something solid under it, but can't tell how much damage you actually did. And you don't stick around to see, either.

You run, leaves and twigs breaking under your heavy steps. The kid is still trying to run, but it is obvious that even in his terrified state he is out of breath and energy, stumbling forward like a dead man. You pick him up in a single motion, carrying him like a football as you rushed toward your car. You don't hear any footsteps behind you, if those things even have footsteps...

But you manage to make it to your car, throwing the kid in the passengers seat as you take your own spot. The engine is still running, so it shouldn't be a problem to get anywhere...

But from your new vantage point you can see that the hounds are no longer there. Or if they are, they are well hidden. There is no signs of the smoke, the tongue, or the dogs. Just motionless forest. As you slam the door shut, you get a good look at your left arm. Part of your outfit had been torn away-along with a bit of flesh. There is a perfectly circular wound at the very edge of your arm, as if somebody bit off a half moon of flesh. It wasn't painful. It wasn't bleeding. It was just gone.

What do you do now?

============================

The officer returns to his work as you return to your car. As you write on your notepad, a white van with tinted windows turns to the water front, only to be turned away by the cop who finally got some tape up. They turn out immediately afterwords, without exiting the van, heading back to town. You don't see anyone else as you head back to town, until you are almost there.

The ride to the docks was both short and scenic, taking perhaps ten minutes. However, upon arrival, you find most of the fishing docks vacant. Of course being the middle of the day, most would be out working. You do find a single, small ship that appears to be in poor condition, with its paint chipping to reveal the wood beneath it. A few men stand on deck-apparently on lunch break. Other than that ship, you can see a tourist ship in the distance- it would be in a straight line from here if not for the water. The land here curves, allowing water to enter, making a decent dock. It also gives you a good view of what the other docks are doing.

Even from this distance-you can see a group of people lining up for a relatively large and luxurious ship, a small yacht. It is the kind of ship tourist often go on, mostly for diving and to see the coral. There are several other ships, unlike the fishing vessels they were tied tight to the dock. Apparently the lack of people outside today meant bad things for the tourism industry.

What do you do?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 04:52:55 pm »

Could I use falconpower to fly up?
Is there anything to climb?
Is that chanting still around?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

Yes.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »

Yes.
To all?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 05:04:55 pm »

To all?

Yes.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

Do the Superman!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »

Without hesitation she drove out of the forest, maintaining a grim silence. She kept looking around, but saw nothing. As soon as they cleared the trees she stomped on the brakes and turned to the kid.
"Alright, kid, talk. What was that?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, 05:29:11 pm »

You do the appropriate pose. You hawks nod at you-they know what they must do. They have always known, somewhere inside. You feel yourself being lifted, as the falcons gracefully grab you with combat fitted talons- causing you to slowly rise out of the hole. You land on solid ground, leaving a footprint on the water like liquid behind. Your falcons nod again, knowing that they have done their job, and return to their perch in god knows where.

What do you do now?

You expertly exit the forest, going as fast as you can manage on the dirt road. The forest changes as you go by it, but you see no sign of any hounds or much else, for that matter. You still keep your eyes on the trees and the road, just to make sure, of course. You finally clear the trees, heading back to town, when you slam on the breaks. The car tries to move forward for a second before bouncing to a stop.

You speak to the kid, as you turn to look at him. He doesn't reply, and when you see him you see why. He was covered in holes like the one on your arm. Ranging from the size of a penny to the size of a fist, there were dozens of clean, bloodless holes in his arms, torso, and legs. You rush to see if he still has a pulse-as you touch his body dozens of flies exit the wounds, buzzing angrily. You check his pulse-finding one, but weak. You look down at the body, wondering how he could have been hit without you noticing. Then you notice, the holes are growing. Without any indicating or movement, the holes are simply larger, with bits of flesh being removed from existence. You instinctively raise your hand to your own wound-finding that is has also grown slightly.

What do you do now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2014, 05:30:52 pm »

Explore the rest of the house.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 05:45:15 pm »

If I can still join I'm totally going to. If not I have to PTW to see what you people might get up to.

I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 05:54:04 pm »

Leon approaches the men on lunch break casually, doing his best to look like a journalist of some sort.

"You guys know anything about this shark activity?  When it started, where it centers, and so forth?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 06:00:42 pm »

((Another sniper monster-hunter, eh?))

Regarding the wound on her arm silently, Jane realised she had to act quickly. Her knife slid out the sheath. Gritting her teeth, she carved out a gobbt of flesh around the affected circle, biting back a groan as hot blood ran down the knife. That done, she flicked the lump of meat out the window and fumbled for the car's first aid kit, to sterilise an dbind the wound. She'd probably have to go to a hospital.

Hospitals. She hated hospitals.

Afterwards she swallowed a pair of painkillers.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »

((Another sniper monster-hunter, eh?))

((To be fair if it was me and a big eldritch being that I could kill I'd want the biggest gun a human can use on his own and 50.cal snipers fit that bill perfectly))
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2014, 06:07:43 pm »

((What's wrong with a nice RPG?  :P ))

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:01 pm »

((What's wrong with a nice RPG?  :P ))

((..... nothing besides violent murder for anyone behind and and you if you're stupid enough to fire it indoors.  :P))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12