Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action! Room for one more!  (Read 8428 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »

Jade wafted the knife at the lump of arm, trying to dislodge the flies before she dropped the meat into the plastic bag the bandage had come in. She shot anough look at the child. Some of those holes had gone right through him, now. Was the disappearing flesh turning into the flies? Where were they coming from?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2014, 08:46:00 pm »

Lang heads over to where the other tourist boats are parked, trying to find someone who has information about the sharks.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2014, 08:59:55 pm »

I assumed that's what you meant. To me both it attacking me and me attacking it count as hunting it. Especially if it runs away. Either way yes start with something trying to murder me.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 01:06:09 am »

Recieving his awnsers from the accent-rich german, he almost did not flinch at the mention of the stone not chipping. Almost. Pushing aside darker thoughts while rubbing his temples - try as he might - he had to make a small touch to his belt. "Still there" - obviously still there, but touching the gun - like a complex triggered - did wonders for his mind.

Putting it back to the task at hand, he gave the door another check. Were the random edges of the puddle in accordance with any astrological formation he knew of? Any signs of a hidden switch or mechanism? ... maybe it could be the placement of the graves that he did pass by before..

"Well, let's see what we have here.. by the by, what did you try on the door already? And - if I may ask - what tools are you recieving here?"

The Dr.³ really hoped the awnser to the later question would not be as he expected.. or that the stone would hold even then. Forcing such things was seldomly a good idea.

(Investigate further. There ought to be a way to classify this mess.)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 01:12:23 pm »

Must of took a break without correcting unused points. 5 off agi.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And hunting, yes.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 03:03:06 pm »

Before the fight, would you like to change your character sheet? I have decided your combat falcons act collectively as a 9mm sub machine gun, which you can duel wield, because that makes since.

=======================

You exit the car to get the lump, waving away the flies (buzzing angrily once again at you stealing their meal), putting it in the sealed plastic bag. It seems to shrink even under the presence of the bag, while you see now flies a few maggots crawl around what used to be your arm. You actual arm seems to have stabilized, the wound no longer growing. The same can't be said of the poor kid, the holes look like they are about to expand to the vitals.

What do you do now?

=============

You walk over to the other tourist boats as the yacht sails away. There are a variety of small boats, from other large yachts like the one you saw sail away, to two-person rowboats with loose diving equipment on it, with about five of intermediate design and size. All of the boats were in good shape and expensive looking-without any signs of old equipment. However, they are all empty, with nobody around.

After a few minutes of snooping around, two blue-uniformed guards come up to you. "May we ask what you are doing by the boats, sir?" one of them asks, in a somewhat aggravated tone. The other stands next to him, blocking your way off the dock.

What do you do now?

=============

Good thing I asked, because that is polar opposite to what I meant.

=============

You look down at your dog, trying to figure out what is wrong with him. You had just been taking him on a walk, to get some exercise, when all of a sudden he refused to move, bearing his large teeth and growling at nothing, fur standing on end. No matter what you do, you could not find a way to coax him into motion, any attempt at consoling him only seemed to further anger him.

As you stand there thinking what to do, you gaze upward at the sky your dog seems to be looking at. It is a buetiful day out, with several small fluffy clouds dotting the blue sky above the nearby trees. There is nothing in the sky that would cause your dog to act this way, you already checked, of course. Not even the birds seem to be singing. No helicopters, no planes, not even any tall buildings. Nothing...

Except that small dot, you notice. You shield your eyes from the sun, just to make sure it it is really there. Yes, high above you is a small, brown, dot. Not just one, but three. Why didn't you notice this earlier? They appear to be getting larger and larger, though still to small to make out....

A few seconds later, you see what they are. Free falling from the sky at terminal velocity, was something horribly inhuman. They approach incredibly swiftly, opening huge, leathery to slow their fall as if they were human skydivers, twisting in formation down to Earth where they most surly don't belong. All three hit he ground as softly as a kitten, not even stirring up a centimeter of dust. All three land together, about five yards away from you. Your dog is looking directly at them now, hair and teeth showing more then ever.

You now get a good look at them. Their wings are the size of a man each, when not folded. They are leathery like a bat's, with a shape you would expect on a prehistoric animal. There bodies were a horrid and unnatural combination of different animals, including what must be decomposing human flesh, as if an insane taxidermist was given free rain of the entirety of the animal kingdom. Their faces were shaped much like an insects, like a sideways egg, but instead of large eyes it had but a single mouth, taken from a shark, put on their face vertically. Their bony hands were something of a combination of a monkey and a hawks, with black talons at the end of each appendage. Their torso is almost human, but with bits of flesh removed or falling half off. And the smell! God, you think you should have been able to smell this monstrosity from the atmosphere, let alone your poor dog.

What do you do now?

-------------------

"Well ve have attempted a variety of examination techniques, chipping off pieces and taking pictures you know of already. We have tried to remove it with a series of pulley's, fist pulled by the men and then by our trucks. Ve couldn't budge it. Ve tried to dig directly around it, into the surrounding two stones, but it broke the excavation tools that attempted it. After that, ve decided to call you and the heavy machinery. I have called in bulldozers, backhoes, and excavators to attempt to remove the stone. I have not ruled out that these have been carved into the hill itself, and have also ordered mining explosives and equipment. Ve will drill in the other side, of course, to avoid damaging the interesting wall." He states, as you continue to contemplate.

Looking at the sign again, you have a small Eureka! moment. You realize the spider-web like pattern has a strange similarity to the "Man in the Maze", a common symbol representing life, but instead of representing a man outside a maze with a single path, it shows multiple paths, all leading to the middle that commonly represents death. The blob in the middle could represent the deaths of multiple people-which would connect with the multiple paths, but you find that idea unlikely. The screaming skull is likely a warning-though to what, you already can guess.

Though the single skull could represent something else-a single person. Multiple paths for a single person, what could that mean? Multiple lives? Perhaps the blob in the middle represents ambiguity, maybe the power to change shape at will, or to have multiple shapes? Or maybe the power to switch from person to person, in order to avoid death, represented by the lines jumping from maze to maze?

What do you do now?

(Psh, you hardly rolled high enough for me to give away too much, so here is something to work with. Good luck sorting it all out. Left enough red hearings to distract you, hopefully.)

--------------

You finally arrive at the town, though it doesn't seem exceptionally creepy. Creepy, yes, but not exceptionally so. The town is rather dark, mostly due to the light fog that is currently hanging over it. You haven't seen many people since entering, but the fog would hide most of them anyway. The beginning of the town was dotted with cheap-looking trailers and small homes that might as well be trailers, but once you entered the main town it looked like any other neighborhood, with pleasant houses lining either side of the street, well mowed lawns, and cheery little gardens, though everything seems to be covered in a thin sheet of grey from the fog.

Nothing hints at the phone call you received.

You are about to start your first move, when you notice your dial is pointing toward "E". Your plans will have to wait, got to get gas first. You pull on to the main street, with various shops on either side, a few restaurants, and other stores you would expect to find in a town like this. There isn't anybody outside, but a light rain has started up among the fog. Most people would probably be inside, and there are several cars that hint human habitation. You find the store you are looking for easily enough, a gas station.

You pull up next to the closest pump, looking toward the gas station. It is rather small, with plane walls and advertisements sticking out out of the window. In front of the store is a small bench, with chipped red paint, and the first human inhabitant of this town that you have seen. He isn't a pleasant sight, an old man with a beer belly, a patchwork coat, and a bottle of cheap alcohol. One of his eyes was greyed over, starring blankly forward, the other was on the drink he was chugging. His hair was wild, with patches that look like they had been pulled out forcibly.

You keep your eye on him-but get out of the car to pump the gas. After all, the quicker you get gas, the quicker you can respond to the call. You start pumping when a voice comes from the old man on the bench behind you. "Go back! Get out of this town while you still can!" he states, in a deep, strained voice with intoxication obvious in it.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 03:06:42 pm »

Before the fight, would you like to change your character sheet? I have decided your combat falcons act collectively as a 9mm sub machine gun, which you can duel wield, because that makes since.
Okay, then I change out my ability for dual-wielding. Because that makes since.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 03:20:26 pm »

Alright. In that case, back to work.

====================

"I AM NOT TOM CRUUUEES! I AM THOMAS CREWS!" Thomas Crews shouts, in a volume equal to your own as you begin your ferocious attack.

Your birds fly off of their unknown perches, talons raised as they shout a mighty war cry. Thomas brings his arms up in an X to block his face as talons tear into his flesh, sending blood pouring down his arm and staining his smart suit. There is another cut across his chest, but not nearly as deep. Thomas then goes to the ground, doing a perfect somersault out of the cloud of birds, landing feet first in front of you, feathers flying all around him. He begins releasing a one two punch, aimed directly toward your face.

What do you do?

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 03:30:44 pm »

"I'm investigating the recent shark activity; I was hoping to talk to some of the boat crews."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2014, 04:11:43 pm »

Bird-Parry, then counter-attack!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2014, 04:24:44 pm »

"Well, "Mein werter Herr", I'll be frank. There are some hints that I would like to follow first. I won't and can't give you a promise or guarantee of success, but give me at least one day - or however much you are willing to place into my opinion and expertise. Take to mind thou, that while digging in from the other side - is - a valid option, there not being evidence of them knowing how to build tombs, they might not be particulary good at it either. I know one day might be much to ask, and I am quite sure you don't want to pull a Schliemann here either, but I promise to at least try my best. All I can promise against the men and machines you have ordered outside there."

This... was certainly on the verge of bad. Still salvage-able, but bad. Forcing open "such a thing" often enough had its repercussions. Repercussions that were not pleasant. Channeling his mind to the task at hand, the Dr. plunged back into his mind...

"The screaming skull... a multitude of person, or a person who was able to take a multitude of paths. The Pain of many? The Death of many? One who caused one of the two former? One who sacrificed others to quell his pain, or caused pain by doing so? Or was it the pain that was quelled by the deeds or sacrifices of others? The possible meanings were manyfold, but Alfred felt - or hoped - that he was coming closer to the true meaning of the slab."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »

Ptw

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2014, 05:08:37 pm »

"Why?" I ask "This place doesn't seem too bad."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »

"Shit."
Start running send my dog ahead of me so it doesn't get violently murdered. Pull out my Beretta and shoot the bastards.

(This is going to end well. Also I'm apparently terrible at grasping what people mean! YAY!)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2014, 06:35:25 pm »

"In case you haven't noticed, there are no boat crews out here to talk to." The man states, glaring at you. His partner looks at you a little more sympathetically, but is still obviously unmoved by your statements.

"And what do you mean "Recent Shark activity?" the man asks, continuing his harsh tone. "Far as I know, there has been no "Recent Shark Activity", and if there was, why would you be investigating our boat crews? You accusing them of shark whispering or something?"

What do you do now?

----------------------

Your birds act quickly, one running toward each arm, attempting to hold each still in their talons. They are too slow, and the fists head directly toward your torso.

They never make it. Henderson appears in front of you, out of nowhere, raising his wings with a mighty shriek. He catches each fist in one of his armed talons, completely blocking the man's attack and sending trickles of blood down his fist. (You rolled a 1! CRITICAL BLOCK!!!). The rest of the birds swarm in, one visibly slashing his back, sending a long but shallow cut across his back. He grits his teeth, pulling both his arms out of the falcon's grasp at the expensive of his flesh before turning toward the door, backwards, covering his face. He, of course, falls into the small hole he had punched earlier (99! Critical acrobatics fail!), sending him sprawling hard into the ground.

What do you do now?

====================================

The man thinks for a second again, silently starring at you. In the near distance, you can hear the beeping of the heavy machinery, that sound they make when backing up.

"....You ask much of me, friend." he finally starts, stating contemplatively. "The extra men and machines are not cheap, and ve are working on a budget here. However, one extra day is...acceptable. It cost enough to get you over here, I would not do so and shun your attempt at working. I do not know what you hope to find in that day, but you have my blessing. I also appreciate your concern, but I assure you that while ve do not know how good these Indians are building tombs, ve  are experts at digging holes. Ve would be fine if the cave was completely hollow. Now, I vill be off to send the men away...." he finishes, turning toward the half-torn down tarp.

There is a loud crashing sound, accompanying the various sound of the construction machines. The scientist rushes past the tarps to see what is going on. "Vhat is the meaning of this!" he states, his accent getting worse with the anger in his voice. "Vhat do you think you are doing!" he continues to yell. You peek your head out past the tarp, seeing a large yellow bulldozer, right next to the hill. There is a dent in the hill, obviously from the bulldozer that had just ran in it.

"I'm sorry sir, there was nobody in it. It just moved itself, we had the parking break on and everything. We have a check list...." one of the workers stated, one of the new ones wearing a hard hat and orange vest (poor soul, being yelled at and sweating in those close under the heat.)

The scientist responds by yelling even louder. You suspect it was quite loud enough to awaken the mummies, or at the very least be heard from inside the sealed tomb. "Are you trying to ruin everything!" he bellowed, the unfortunate worker shrinking back. "I had just given permission from our friend here to investigate this, and you have to go ruin it by running a bulldozer into the tomb!" he continues, in an accent so thick you could swear it was another language.

He walks back, after taking a deep breath. "I am sorry for mien workers incompetence." he states, his voice once again calm, his accent becoming clearer. "Do what you wish, I will be organizing these fools back to the camp. Ve will not disturb you. I will leave a jeep here, if you need anything just fallow the GPS..." he states, before going off to give orders. "No, leave the tarp around the symbol, it is still midday. Pick up some of the other...." he said, his voice fading away.

What do you do now?

======================

"Looks can be deceiving" the man states, taking a swig from the bottle. "That is something you learn fast in this town...." he continues, cryptically. He looks like he is about to say more, opening his mouth briefly before thinking. But you hear a police siren behind you. You turn to see it, finding a police car of course, but when you turn back the man was gone. The police car turns past the gas station, lights still blazing. It passes quickly, without so much as slowing down at the corner.

Looking back in your car, your gas tank is now full. You quickly swipe your card to pay, finding surprisingly low rates.

What do you do now?

-----------------------

Your dog bolts off like a bullet with little coaxing, flying down the path. You follow him not half as fast, pulling out your gun in a single motion. The monsters stay in place silently for seconds, before jumping in the air. They each beat their wings rhythmically and silently, sending each feet into the air, managing to stay just under the tree line.

You flip the safety off while running, turning your torso around and firing two bullets at the the beast in the center. Your first bullet misses your mark, crashing into a tree behind it. Your Beretta lets out its second bullet, crashing into its body, tearing off a piece of rotten flesh with no response from the beast. Just grazed it...

And worse, the two beasts on the sides go into a nose dive, folding their wings and darting like lightning. Just before hitting the ground, their giant wings burst open, gliding them to a position several feet in front of you. They preform a barrier with their massive wings, completely blocking your way with a wall of leathery flesh. The remaining beast preforms its nose dive, preparing its claws as it flies directly toward you.

What do you do now?

============

....I think this is the most people any of my games ever had, I hope I managed to get everybody.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12