Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action! Room for one more!  (Read 8429 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Death May Die- Modern Eldritch Action!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 11:18:07 pm »

((Hmm... how much damage would the carrying case do? It's sturdy and pretty damn heavy with the rifle inside. Maybe a heavy weapon while full and a light weapon while empty?

Also, Cthulu got taken out by a boat hitting him in the head. He's not exactly threatening when all it takes is a concussion to put him down.))

With a few swift strides she covered the distance to the child and pulled it roughly to it's feet, looking towards the trees the whole time.  She pulled the kid back, out of line of anything that could have caused the fire.
"Alright, kid, what's the problem?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 11:21:11 pm »

Spoiler: Here I go! (click to show/hide)

This turned out... quite close to many a protagonist of the originals. Something I was somehow aiming for, but overal I am still quite pleased with the result.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 11:56:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You roundhouse kick the defenseless door, sending it crashing open. You yell out your threat in what is apparently a Scottish accent-to a completely empty room.
No Scientologists.
No furniture.
No carpet.
A completely vacant room, illuminated only by the light from the doorway. There is a thick layer of dust covering the entirety of the floor, save the cloud you managed to disturb. The chanting seems to get louder, but there is no more decorations on the inside. Or lights, apparently.

What do you do now?
--------------------

((Hmm... how much damage would the carrying case do? It's sturdy and pretty damn heavy with the rifle inside. Maybe a heavy weapon while full and a light weapon while empty?

Probably medium when empty-gun cases for high class rifles like that are pretty heavy, but you get a little bit of a penalty for improvised weaponry. Sooo 2d8 full, 2d6 empty, and a little less accurate then a normal melee weapon would be.

-------------

You quickly make your way to the fallen child, without taking your eyes from the motionless trees. You then pull the kid to you, who seems to now be paralyzed in fear. While still keeping an eye on the forest behind him, you bring him out of the line of fire and speak to him.

In response, with a blank look on his face, he brings a twitchy finger up and points behind you-toward the fire.

You quickly turn around to see a massive dog- at least three feet tall, from what you could see of it. Perhaps the strangest thing of the dog is that the top half of its body is engulfed in smoke-or more accurately is made of smoke! No-even in the second you see it, you notice its legs. Covered in, if not made out of, some snot-like material, this beast is apparently materializing form the smoke. And it was two feet away from you.

What do you do now?

-----------------------

Alright, I assumed your sawed-off was 12 gauge. Unfortunately this is probably the last post for the night, Ill have to start you in the morning. Do you want to be tracking something, or do you want to just "fall into" it?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 12:11:56 am »

Chasing a cult of pretty much any african, arabic, euro-asian or american "dark god" / "devil" / "demon" that is up to nefarious ends, Inquiring into a backwater local phenomen, Clueing into the darker and unethical workings of an academic colleague, Locating anything from a special site, artifact or "gifted" person, Stumbling straight into an excursion gone wrong and hell loose. All good options as far as I am concerned. Or, obviously, something of your own feather. Not picky here - and really, the initial situation is not all that important - where we go from there, and how, that is.  :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 12:23:50 am »

((Maybe try combining the different threads?))

Jane gave the kid a light shove, sending him stumbling backwards, away from the smoke-dog. Slowly she began moving to the side, speaking to keep the dog's attention on her.
"Alright, kid, get out of here. I'll be fine. Go, you little shit."
She hefted Love Tap's case, ready to swing it like a club. She made herself look as large as possible.
"Piss off, mutt." she snarled.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 06:01:24 am »

You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 08:46:14 am »

Anders steps out of his car and moves closer, at least close enough to hear what she is saying.  He tries not to look like someone the police will have a problem with, including leaving his gauntlets in the car.

I wonder what's going on here...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 08:49:24 am »

"Ah damn me eyes, where the hell are they?"

Explore.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 01:39:14 pm »

I could try "All of the above:, but that would get a little weird.
By the way, you spent 110 points in character creation

-----------------
You half cover your eyes, adjusting to the light of the harsh desert sun. It feels like a huge change, exiting the air-conditioned car with tinted windows, but you have been in the desert for hours now. Just as your eyes are starting to adjust, a man walks up to you. He is an aged man, well past his prime, with slightly wrinkled features and greyed hair. It was clear that at one point, he had been fit, and he is still a large man, a head taller than you and a good bit wider. Even in the desert, he seemed to be wearing a lab coat, without the slightest hint of sweating.

"Hello mien colleague" he greats you, with a slight German accent. "I apologize for making you come all this way, but could find no alternative. We tried taking pictures, but the image appears to be too faint. Every time we try it, you only see a blank wall. I tried tracing it as well, of course, but it seems the desert heat vaporizes the ink before we can even finish it. You may think it strange, but I swear it happened!" He states, before motioning you to follow him.

You walk on the yellow sand of only a minute, heading toward a small hill that appears to grow as you approach it. There is workers lounging about next to a series of tent like tarps-no doubt giving shade to the excavation sight. The workers were sitting about, fanning themselves and drinking water, without doing much work. You can't blame them, just from this short walk you find your hair wet with sweat, any work would have to be done later in the day.

"As you know, we have found a burial sight for the local Indian people" the scientist said, as you started under the tarps. "Mummified bodies under the sand, as is the custom. The strange part is this wall-we think it to be a tomb, but are yet to find a way to open it. The local traditions don't have any sort of tomb, nor do any they have contact with. We were hoping you would know something about it, or you would at least be able to tell us what this symbol means..." he continues, as you pass several open graves, some with dried human corpses at the bottom. Your attention, however, is directed at the hill itself.

Built into the hill is a series of three large blocks of rock. The one in the middle takes up the majority of your sight, with the two smaller filling in the gaps on either side. What you came for, however, was the engravings on the largest stone. Long lines crossed the stone lengthwise and width wise, like a spider web covering the entirety of the stone. In the center of this web was a large blob, perhaps a lake or puddle of some sort, with rounded edges jumping out at random intervals. In the center of the blob is what appears to be a human skull, mouth agape, starring back at you.

What do you do ?
=================

((Maybe try combining the different threads?))

I could, though every time I try an online "Party" it ends in disaster. If you want to combine threads with someone else, you can post it. I would prefer that if that is done, it is done after at least one individual adventure for both (Or every person) involved, so everyone gets a feel of the tempo and organization, and even then the "parties" could be temporary. Plot wise, they may or may not have anything to do with each other. I am not spoiling.

=====================================

The kid stumbles, falling on his hands once again. He seems to get his second wind now, picking himself up and running the best he can in the direction of your car.

Of course, your attention is on the dog in front of you. It stops in place, stopping all the energy of its charge immediately. With in instant, the smoke forming its lean head opens its mouth. A whip like tendril of smoke erupts from the mouth, as thick as a man's arm at the base thinning down to the size of a needle at its end. As this happens, the smoke on the tree produces two more of the dogs, these currently entities of pure smoke.

The "tongue" of the beast twists around in the air twice, like a cobra preparing to strike, making a sound like a bullwhip cracking. Again like a snake, the beast sends its horrid appendage directly toward you.

What do you do now?

=======================

Five over the hundred point limit. Not sure how I even managed to notice this. In any case, would you like to fall into the mission or be hunting something down? (It sounds like you want to hunt something down, but never hurts to be sure.)

You walk down to the beach, as casually as you can manage, leaving your car on the side of the road. You walk down the paved road, the ocean, though calm, is the only noise you manage to hear as you quickly walk toward the scene. Though from what you can tell from here, the woman is mostly unresponsive, shivering and sobbing without moving her mouth to actually say anything. The police keep attempting to talk to her, calm her down, and console her, to little avail.

In the end, the only part of the conversation you are able to hear is a snippet that the woman yelled at the top of her lungs. "Jus...Just get me the hell away from here!" she manages to shout, between sobs that sound like she has trouble breathing. "Ill answer your damn questions once we get away from this damn ocean!" she continues, before getting in the police car and cuddling around her legs, still sobbing and shivering. One of the police man shrugs, gets in the front of the car, and drives off just as you are almost there.

The other police man, who seems to be writing something on a notepad, puts out his hand to stop you. "Sorry sir, but you probably don't want to be swimming anywhere around here any time soon." he states, walking up to you this time. He then points out to the water. "Shark attack." he explains, before going back to writing. "Bad one, too. Normally they only take one or two bites, but these guys look like they had a feeding frenzy. Probably desensitized or something, tourist boats keep feeding sharks around here to give people a show. I'm sure you will be able to read all about it in the paper tomorrow, what little a story there is." continues, before putting down the notepad. "Well, Id better start putting up the tape before some other poor fool gets himself eaten. Have a nice day, sir." he continues, turning toward his own police car.

What do you do now?

================================

You enter the house, now speaking like a pirate for whatever reason. The floor creaks with each step, sending up a cloud of dust and leaving a footprint as if in snow. You explore a little, finding another door, this one much flimsier. You Sparta kick it open, revealing the remains of a kitchen. All appliances have been removed, leaving only outlines on the eggshell white walls. You turn around and look for another room, donkey kicking it open this time. (Note:All of these doors have been unlocked so far.) It is a bathroom, without a bath. Or toilet, sink, or anything that is not eggshell white paint or dust. You kick open another door, leading to another empty room like the one you had originally entered. Besides the banshee like scream of a woman as you entered, it was simply empty. Empty, empty, empty!

You were about to leave this room as well, when you notice the gleam of something in the corner of your eye. You turn to see it. There is a thin sliver of light, illuminating all the dust you so rudely disturbed, coming from the window. This sliver of light is glaring off of something. You examine it closer, walking to the center of the room. The glimmer appears to be coming from under the floor boards...

What do you do now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:55 pm »

What else?

Kick in the floor!

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 02:03:17 pm »

"Huh, mind if I try to help the survivor?  Seems like she's in pretty bad shape."
Lang takes off his coat and rolls up his sleeves, starting to sweat in the beach sunlight.
Terrible... hopefully she has not reached madness, only panic... at the least I can say how to handle the fear.[/i]

Taking five points off Melee:

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

You stomp on the floor, sending up clouds of dust and causing the floor to creak as it moves rhythmically back and forth. Finally, the boards snap in half, causing you to fall several feet and dust to spread-enough to block your sight when mingled with the darkness.

Of course, you end up landing on your feet. Looking around as some of the dust settles, you find yourself in some kind of secret room. There is machinery around you, what appears to be computers, next to the object that caught your attention: A human brain trapped in a glass dome, still shiny with no hint of dust. It is connected to the large computer, with several random buttons and switches beneath it. The rest of the room seems to be made of concrete, with no other exits or entrances besides the gaping hole you had just made.

What do you do now?

==========================
[/spoiler]

The officer turns around to speak with you once again. "I'm sure she will appreciate your concern, but that isn't necessary. We have some professional therapists for cases like this, my buddy is already bringing her to Randolph Carter Therapy." He stated, removing his hat to remove the sweat from his own head. "She isn't hurt or anything, but seeing two friends get eaten like that can mess with your head. Don't worry, the people and Carter are real good, we send everyone who needs help there. Besides, even if you mean well, if you don't know what your doing you could just end up making things worse for her. No offense, but it is best to leave this to the professionals, sir."

What do you do now?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:44:30 pm by Stirk »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »

Kick in the glass jar.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »

Hurling herself to the side, she rolled to her feet and smashed the dog in the head down into the body with the carrying case.While it was stunned, she abruptly turned and ran. As she ran past the kid she scooped him up under one arm, carrying him towards the car. "Hold still," she growled.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:28:44 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 04:19:20 pm »

"Alright, as long as someone's on it."

Lang heads back to the car.  Once he gets in, he writes down "Randolph Carter Therapy - police" in his notepad.  He pulls away from the beach and heads for the nearest dock area - there he can likely talk to both the tourist boat crews and the local fisherman. 

Maybe this one will actually be a lead... Well, at least I can try to find a good drink.  No point going to that Randolph Carter place now, not when I don't have any grounds to be let in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12