Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493695 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29895 on: March 29, 2016, 05:41:26 pm »

Oh, Piecewise--I've been wondering about something for awhile.  Do you think you might be able to host a fightclub in DS3 (Or maybe DS2, I guess, if more people have that) for the Einsteinian Roulette subforum?  I think it would be really cool to fight you and other players I recognize, though I'd probably do terribly because I haven't PvPed much at all in any Souls game.  And our IRC channel could work as a nice method for communicating.

I don't know if it would work, because Dark Souls games have always had a really strange multiplayer design, but I figure you would know whether it's possible better than I.  If it is possible, I'd really love to do it.
Sure, though I wonder how many people would actually turn up, time zones and all. The PVP in ds3 is limited by two factors, level and highest weapon upgrade. So as long as we can all be +-5 levels and have the same weapon upgrade level, then we're good. I don't know if there's a code system like in BB; due to moon runes, but if there is we can use that too.

Also, strength weapons are viable for once because they have hyper armor on a lot of their swings.

How much do I get paid for becoming a wiki gnome...
Depends on the amount of work you do. But I think our prolific gnomes are quite well paid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29896 on: March 29, 2016, 05:55:50 pm »

Might do a bit of wiki gnome work. Anyone got any ideal on what needs doen?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29897 on: March 29, 2016, 05:58:28 pm »

MOBAs started as AOS's, named after Aeon of Strife, a very early entry in the field using Warcraft 3 as the game engine. They started using War3's hero system but also had the ability to purchase non-hero units and very few items. eventually the non-hero units were dropped and items greatly expanded, the forerunners in the field being Defense Of The Ancients and Age Of Myths. however, the term MOBA didn't enter common use until after DOTA left the War3 engine and became a standalone game, acompanied by several competing clones, notably HoN and LoL.
I wasn't aware that there was a moba before DOTA. The fact that they weren't called MOBA's until later doesn't stop them from being MOBA's. Genre games are still part of the genre even if they pre-dated the genre having a name
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29899 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:20 pm »

MOBAs started as AOS's, named after Aeon of Strife, a very early entry in the field using Warcraft 3 as the game engine. They started using War3's hero system but also had the ability to purchase non-hero units and very few items. eventually the non-hero units were dropped and items greatly expanded, the forerunners in the field being Defense Of The Ancients and Age Of Myths. however, the term MOBA didn't enter common use until after DOTA left the War3 engine and became a standalone game, acompanied by several competing clones, notably HoN and LoL.
I wasn't aware that there was a moba before DOTA. The fact that they weren't called MOBA's until later doesn't stop them from being MOBA's. Genre games are still part of the genre even if they pre-dated the genre having a name
Yep, though AoS wasn't actually the first, it was just the first one that defined the genre, and the first name of the genre. the genre was renamed after leaving the war3 engine.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29900 on: March 29, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »

@DS3 Fight Club

Sweet!  Is anyone else interested in the idea?  I thought we had a good chunk of DS players on this subforum.
We probably do. The question is, are they going to buy the game right away and are they gonna be awake when I am?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29901 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:51 pm »

I had a dream about ER last night. I don't recall very much about it.
Might have just been me discussing my next action with someone else, but I think it was set in the gameworld... there was some weird shit going on from what I remember. Wish I could remember more, it seemed like a pretty interesting dream. :-\

((Pneuma's communication was only directed to Hurricane, so your character shouldn't have been able to hear that, Doomblade.))
Y'see, this is why you should describe just who a message is being transmitted to at the top of the post.
Not that I really pay a whole lot of attention to the chatter thread, anyway.

Also, everyone needs to ignore those recorded messages and go on making their own speech rolls. Much more entertaining!
Of course, PW will probably throw a spanner in the works for people using the "diplomacy grenades" anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nunzillor

« Reply #29902 on: March 29, 2016, 07:36:26 pm »

Yeah, sorry about the confusion.  I was following this rule in the Radio Chatter OP: "Whole team: Don't put anything in this case. Ones without prefix will be assumed to be addressing their whole team."  You're probably right about it being unclear though— maybe that rule should be changed.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the lack of amusing failure.  Just keep an eye on the newbie threads and entertainment will be sure to follow.

Blizzard looks like it is attempting to do "Phase 1."  That may be amusing as well.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:50:01 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29903 on: March 29, 2016, 07:52:17 pm »

I had a dream about ER last night. I don't recall very much about it.
Might have just been me discussing my next action with someone else, but I think it was set in the gameworld... there was some weird shit going on from what I remember. Wish I could remember more, it seemed like a pretty interesting dream. :-\

((Pneuma's communication was only directed to Hurricane, so your character shouldn't have been able to hear that, Doomblade.))
Y'see, this is why you should describe just who a message is being transmitted to at the top of the post.
Not that I really pay a whole lot of attention to the chatter thread, anyway.

Also, everyone needs to ignore those recorded messages and go on making their own speech rolls. Much more entertaining!
Of course, PW will probably throw a spanner in the works for people using the "diplomacy grenades" anyway.
I have a back up plan for that: Grenade diplomacy.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29904 on: March 29, 2016, 07:59:17 pm »

I have a bunch of grenades, once I get my space-pizza we can herd a whole bunch of civilians into a large room and let 'er rip! :D
I love diplomacy!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29905 on: March 29, 2016, 08:04:59 pm »

I have a bunch of grenades, once I get my space-pizza we can herd a whole bunch of civilians into a large room and let 'er rip! :D
I love diplomacy!
NOM NOM NOMS OF DEATH!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29906 on: March 30, 2016, 01:49:29 am »

Mostly just keeping people's inventory and status up to date.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29907 on: March 30, 2016, 03:48:46 am »

Yeah, sorry about the confusion.  I was following this rule in the Radio Chatter OP: "Whole team: Don't put anything in this case. Ones without prefix will be assumed to be addressing their whole team."  You're probably right about it being unclear though— maybe that rule should be changed.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the lack of amusing failure.  Just keep an eye on the newbie threads and entertainment will be sure to follow.

Blizzard looks like it is attempting to do "Phase 1."  That may be amusing as well.

Yeah, I didn't read the OP of that thread well enough, so I got confused because I didn't know that rule existed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29908 on: March 30, 2016, 06:43:23 pm »

A quick count says we have explored 130 universes so far. Just over half are null.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29909 on: March 30, 2016, 06:52:57 pm »

Mostly just keeping people's inventory and status up to date.

Here's a good example of the work: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/AoshimaMichio

Ao is in the ten-token tier of wikignome, IIRC, so you can do a lot less work than that and get paid, but you'll still want to do a couple hundred or more edits to get paid anything decent.
Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 ... 2205