Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1991 1992 [1993] 1994 1995 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493615 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29880 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:27 am »

Yeah, it's pretty damn hard man. Much faster than the other games in general. I beat it the first time with an estoc, which is one of the fastest weapons around with great reach, and I still had a heck of a time.  A few bosses in particular...Including one that's really neat.

I still need to work out how to do these damn npc missions.
It's cool how they keep going for faster gameplay with each souls/bloodborne game they make, or at least that's what I think is happening. Looking forward to seeing the let's play already.
I look forward to being about to read anything. Character speech is english but all text is japanese.

DS is know for being mysterious but this is a bit much~

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29881 on: March 29, 2016, 12:20:25 pm »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29882 on: March 29, 2016, 12:45:53 pm »

7GDY9-TJ72Y-67K4M

South Park: The Stick of Truth. Have at it, fellow humans.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29883 on: March 29, 2016, 12:50:40 pm »

Oh, Piecewise--I've been wondering about something for awhile.  Do you think you might be able to host a fightclub in DS3 (Or maybe DS2, I guess, if more people have that) for the Einsteinian Roulette subforum?  I think it would be really cool to fight you and other players I recognize, though I'd probably do terribly because I haven't PvPed much at all in any Souls game.  And our IRC channel could work as a nice method for communicating.

I don't know if it would work, because Dark Souls games have always had a really strange multiplayer design, but I figure you would know whether it's possible better than I.  If it is possible, I'd really love to do it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29884 on: March 29, 2016, 01:43:15 pm »

...you can definitely do selective co-op on bloodborne, so probably pvp as well.
One wheel short of a wagon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29885 on: March 29, 2016, 02:51:21 pm »

7GDY9-TJ72Y-67K4M

South Park: The Stick of Truth. Have at it, fellow humans.
What type of code is this? If it's a steam code, dibs.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29886 on: March 29, 2016, 03:14:31 pm »

Orcs must die unchained just started it's first day of open beta today. It's orcs must die mixed in with the moba genre, anyone interested in checking it out with me?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29887 on: March 29, 2016, 04:14:27 pm »

Orcs must die unchained just started it's first day of open beta today. It's orcs must die mixed in with the moba genre, anyone interested in checking it out with me?
I would but I'm both away from my computer and I'm not sure I'd like it much.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29888 on: March 29, 2016, 04:28:20 pm »

I'm not a big fan of MOBA's, but this one seems to keep the core gameplay of orcs must die (setting up a trap playground and watching orcs get chewed up and spat out) with moba mechanics added on top. Also, I just played a bit of it, it has traditional pve mode, which is like orcs must die 2, but with 5 people instead of 2
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29889 on: March 29, 2016, 04:35:35 pm »

I'm not a big fan of MOBA's, but this one seems to keep the core gameplay of orcs must die (setting up a trap playground and watching orcs get chewed up and spat out) with moba mechanics added on top. Also, I just played a bit of it, it has traditional pve mode, which is like orcs must die 2, but with 5 people instead of 2
Oh, sweet. I suppose it makes sense given they can't really improve on the formula much.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29890 on: March 29, 2016, 04:40:58 pm »

Yeah, the moba genre did evolve out of tower defense to begin with, so it makes sense that Orcs Must Die (another modification to the tower defense genre) could be converted to a moba without fundementally changing it. Only the focus is more on killing the trash mobs than the other players

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29891 on: March 29, 2016, 04:57:36 pm »

Yeah, the moba genre did evolve out of tower defense to begin with, so it makes sense that Orcs Must Die (another modification to the tower defense genre) could be converted to a moba without fundementally changing it. Only the focus is more on killing the trash mobs than the other players
Well if you want to be technical it evolved from RTS.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29892 on: March 29, 2016, 05:08:54 pm »

MOBAs started as AOS's, named after Aeon of Strife, a very early entry in the field using Warcraft 3 as the game engine. They started using War3's hero system but also had the ability to purchase non-hero units and very few items. eventually the non-hero units were dropped and items greatly expanded, the forerunners in the field being Defense Of The Ancients and Age Of Myths. however, the term MOBA didn't enter common use until after DOTA left the War3 engine and became a standalone game, acompanied by several competing clones, notably HoN and LoL.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29893 on: March 29, 2016, 05:20:40 pm »

Where are rest of the wiki gnomes? I noticed I have been doing rather large percentage of changes lately.
You shouldn't expect much from me for the foreseeable future. I barely have enough time to check the forums, let alone actually edit the wiki. Might edit my character or add some interesting tidbit in a page I happen to come across, but that's probably as far as I'll go.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29894 on: March 29, 2016, 05:37:11 pm »

How much do I get paid for becoming a wiki gnome...
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 1991 1992 [1993] 1994 1995 ... 2205