Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485124 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25530 on: December 15, 2015, 11:17:36 pm »

Hey, Nav, was there any weapon that you or someone else suggested that is similar to one that got posted?

If so, I'll kick some tokens your way.

I claim the White Hot Club.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NJW2000's design here is very similar to and probably inspired the "Universal Limb Collector.

Radio might get credit for the Weevil/Brainworm Guns and the Haebi Limb. Not sure if council members are eligible though.

Huh, I really expected there to be more than that. By the way anyone if I missed anything you should speak up and claim your reward.

EDIT:
Gentlefish also has a solid claim on the Haebi Limb.

Lenglon should get full credit for the Haber's Implant. I'm not gonna quote the entire discussion, but trust me she deserves it.
Start reading here if you need proof.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:30:54 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25531 on: December 15, 2015, 11:35:41 pm »

Woah woah woah I totally get dibs on the limb! Come on now, don't cut out my Parasyte idea

Nunzillor

« Reply #25532 on: December 15, 2015, 11:41:21 pm »

I'm not sure if I get anything for suggesting the arbiter-level crowd wires?  Not sure what came of that, maybe nothing...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25533 on: December 16, 2015, 12:22:32 am »

Woah woah woah I totally get dibs on the limb! Come on now, don't cut out my Parasyte idea
Sorry for missing that! I added it to my post.

I'm not sure if I get anything for suggesting the arbiter-level crowd wires?  Not sure what came of that, maybe nothing...
Nah sorry buddy, it was a good idea but nothing yet. I'd keep tinkering it if I were you cause that definitely deserves a spot in the armory.

Also gave Lengon credit for the Haber's implant.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25534 on: December 16, 2015, 01:36:53 am »

im not sure that its fair to give people tokens for "inventing" weapons that already existed outside the armory, such as the weevil gun and white hot cudgel.

I mean, we'd have got those anyway through hephaestus research... wheres the creativity?

edit:

hmm, i wonder if i could get credit for the braincase mobility system.
i did inquire as to its worthiness for prototyping back in 2013 after all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:55:14 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25535 on: December 16, 2015, 02:57:23 am »

im not sure that its fair to give people tokens for "inventing" weapons that already existed outside the armory, such as the weevil gun and white hot cudgel.

I mean, we'd have got those anyway through hephaestus research... wheres the creativity?
It was not a normal tinker session. We are not being payed for inventing anything. We are being paid for giving Piecewise ideas that worked. The source of those ideas doesn't matter.

I designed that in 2015 when it actually got accepted. But if you can quote or link to where you designed it then maybe Piecewise will credit you.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25536 on: December 16, 2015, 03:00:57 am »

design... not so much...

more of rudimentary outline of what I wanted it to be, ill let you judge for yourself once I boot my cimputer back up and find it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25537 on: December 16, 2015, 03:17:47 am »

I designed that in 2015 when it actually got accepted. But if you can quote or link to where you designed it then maybe Piecewise will credit you.

okay so heres some quotes from way back when, theres possibly some earlier ones... but i honestly cant remember if they even existed...

((We're 14 posts from 1,000 pages!))
((And i shall do my part to help by posting this question:
Would emergency combat braincase spiderbots be worthy of prototyping?

1000 pages in 13 posts))
((Realistically they wouldnt be that expensive, probably just a token or two.
After all theyd only be four legs and an arm or two so that once your robot body is too damaged to function you just crack open the chest then you can grab your gun and scurry off once yoy pop out, the only downside is they would have to be pretty weak stat wise in order to keep them cheap enough to be feasible.

1000 in 9))

((Ooh, another problem that just occurred to me- lag. The further you got from the bodies, the more delay you'd get, and thus the less effective you'd probably be in combat and other actions requiring precision or speed.))
((My idea was to control it from the ground and not our glorious planet destroying prison transport.
In my current mission i could transmit instructions from 500km away with a receiver delay of 1.668ms and a response time of 3.336ms utilizing standard radio frequencies alone.
The lag you speak of would be entirely based on the processing speed of the control system, distance was never a factor.

Spoiler:  combat brain case (click to show/hide)

1000 in 1?))

There was also some discussion on non QEC doppelganger robots and RF control response times but those are unimportant.

anyways check out the bold parts and tell me if it warrants pestering piecewise for a slice of the pie.
The spoiler is probably the most important part. it was a plan on how to build an extremely basic version from scrap though, not the actual intended design.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #25538 on: December 16, 2015, 03:35:46 am »

I would definitely ask PW about that. It was your idea first you deserve credit.

My design was literally just this:
Emergency braincase spider-bot for if the body is destroyed.
Then it got added to the armory :P. I never actually claimed it (though I was planning on asking for credit if anyone ever bought one).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25539 on: December 16, 2015, 05:54:39 am »

too bad Renen woke up on the ship instead of at Hephaestus ...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25540 on: December 16, 2015, 05:55:34 am »

Too too bad.
I'm not sure if you ever saw my question, Ozarck. Is your character organic still?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25541 on: December 16, 2015, 06:01:17 am »

I did not see your question, and yes he is. Unmodified standard human.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25542 on: December 16, 2015, 06:17:34 am »

Good, good. That's still viable in case it ever comes about then.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25543 on: December 16, 2015, 08:43:02 am »

If I knew that the Doc was in Hephaestus.... I saw him comunicating here with the ship too... :(
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25544 on: December 16, 2015, 08:48:43 am »

If I knew that the Doc was in Hephaestus.... I saw him comunicating here with the ship too... :(

You can still communicate with Doc via wristpad or whatever, but if you need physical interaction, yeah, gotta get your ass to Mars Hep.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 2205