_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922181 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #14970 on: June 20, 2013, 09:45:03 pm »

"Great."

Get podded.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14971 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:30 pm »

((We're 14 posts from 1,000 pages!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: June 20, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

((We're 14 posts from 1,000 pages!))
((And i shall do my part to help by posting this question:
Would emergency combat braincase spiderbots be worthy of prototyping?

1000 pages in 13 posts))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: June 20, 2013, 09:56:57 pm »

((For what purpose?

12...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:37 pm »

((And 29 posts from 15,000 posts. We should celebrate with something.

Also, I'm seriously not sure whether I should say screw it and just buy the synthflesh, or hobble along with crowd shock gauntlets or using a manipulator from inside my mining suit.

I also hate to say that one of the reasons for my indecision is that I want to look my best for the incompetent god-king.))

Would emergency combat braincase spiderbots be worthy of prototyping?
((If you could make them cheap enough, they might be.

That's the limiting factor in a lot of otherwise useful inventions, though. You'd pretty much have to start with an existing robot or something.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: June 20, 2013, 10:00:29 pm »

((Well, what are the limitations on what synthflesh can look like? Also: 10...))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: June 20, 2013, 10:10:54 pm »

((Realistically they wouldnt be that expensive, probably just a token or two.
After all theyd only be four legs and an arm or two so that once your robot body is too damaged to function you just crack open the chest then you can grab your gun and scurry off once yoy pop out, the only downside is they would have to be pretty weak stat wise in order to keep them cheap enough to be feasible.

1000 in 9))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:28 pm »

((Well, what are the limitations on what synthflesh can look like? Also: 10...))
((If you've got a shitton of tokens, probably anything. I'll likely be stuck with a standard model, which is still better than a robot hiding in a mining suit trying to be useful.))

((Realistically they wouldnt be that expensive, probably just a token or two.
After all theyd only be four legs and an arm or two so that once your robot body is too damaged to function you just crack open the chest then you can grab your gun and scurry off once yoy pop out, the only downside is they would have to be pretty weak stat wise in order to keep them cheap enough to be feasible.

1000 in 9))
((You have really not been paying attention to how costs work for custom stuff, have you? Scrap costs a token or two. The parts for a custom robot, even a simple one, will probably run at least 5 unless you harvest them from something cheaper, and scout eyes and individual laser drones are pretty much your only options on that front.

Though, we never did figure out the limits on harvesting free robot bodies, did we? Even then, I doubt you could make something that modular using just a spare body. Interfacing the "nerve" connections and such in a way that disconnected cleanly would be a complete pain.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: June 20, 2013, 11:15:27 pm »

((Better option, in my opinion, would be to modify a robot body with receivers where a brain would be, each linked to a transmitter in a second that actually houses a brain. That way, a brain in one body would be remote-controlling a brainless body. No danger of brain death unless your dummy body gets destroyed to the point you have to go out in your controller-rigged body, or being forced to by radio not working properly, like in the Abyss mission or the radiation sector of the current one. Heck, you could probably rig that exosuit as a dummy body.

And if you make the transmitters powerful enough, you could even just send a dummy body or two on a mission and have your brain remain aboard the Sword.))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:19:35 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: June 20, 2013, 11:34:13 pm »

((Funnily enough i was actually gonna cannibalize that braincase ive been trying to open in mission and have mesk surgically attach the nueral interface to the back of my neck so that i could hook it into my comms system and control the body i constructed.
I planned to use it to seatch the headfuck zone and other dangerous anomalies.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: June 20, 2013, 11:36:14 pm »

((Hah, why do I get the feeling Steve wouldn't like us staying on board even with a dummy body? :P

But yeah, that'd be nice anyplace we could rely on a signal. Not sure I have the resources and positive I don't have the time to pull it off right now, though.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: June 20, 2013, 11:40:35 pm »

((I also hate to say that one of the reasons for my indecision is that I want to look my best for the incompetent god-king.))
((Good ol' Faith as always. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: June 21, 2013, 01:25:47 am »

((Hah, why do I get the feeling Steve wouldn't like us staying on board even with a dummy body? :P

But yeah, that'd be nice anyplace we could rely on a signal. Not sure I have the resources and positive I don't have the time to pull it off right now, though.))

((Yeah, Steve's an issue, but I doubt he'd complain if you at least went along in the shuttle. Although for hot-drops, he might not want to send along the dummy bodies, or they could be damaged, or whatever.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:53:44 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: June 21, 2013, 02:11:42 am »

((Ooh, another problem that just occurred to me- lag. The further you got from the bodies, the more delay you'd get, and thus the less effective you'd probably be in combat and other actions requiring precision or speed.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:04 am »

((Ooh, another problem that just occurred to me- lag. The further you got from the bodies, the more delay you'd get, and thus the less effective you'd probably be in combat and other actions requiring precision or speed.))
((My idea was to control it from the ground and not our glorious planet destroying prison transport.
In my current mission i could transmit instructions from 500km away with a receiver delay of 1.668ms and a response time of 3.336ms utilizing standard radio frequencies alone.
The lag you speak of would be entirely based on the processing speed of the control system, distance was never a factor.

Spoiler: combat brain case (click to show/hide)

1000 in 1?))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:09:54 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 2101