Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485078 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14490 on: March 29, 2015, 03:11:06 pm »

@Syv You know, my knowldege of physics is a bit lacking in this particular regard, so I don't know whether it's a contradiction or something, but I recall that tesla saber is pretty much a plasma sword with the 'blade' part kept contained by automanipulated magnetic fields - and I think that battlesuits as they are aren't resistant (like, at all) to the plasma cannon's projectiles?
Yeah, I remember it was like a light saber as well.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: March 29, 2015, 03:33:32 pm »

Yeah, the tesla saber has automanips or something which magically keeps lightning trapped in a 'saber' shape, but the containment field only works in gasses, and maybe vacuum.  Shove it into a solid, containment field is breached, and you get shocked.

I think a BS is immune for the same reason people can wear chainmail and play guitar while being shocked by a pair of tesla coils.  Yes, there is 'lightning' which means plasma, I guess, but it's far weaker than actual lightning, and doesn't have the raw energy needed to melt a metal deliberately designed to have a stupid high melting point.

A plasma projector's containment field works even when going through solids, and it has massively more energy than a tesla saber anyway.  That's probably why it's so much more effective.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: March 29, 2015, 03:54:05 pm »

Well, since Tesla Saber comes as standard-issue armament for Avatars, and UWM doesn't joke around kitting out Avatars, I am going to respectfully disagree on the assessment of them being ineffective or not powerful enough. And yes, I remember exactly tesla saber being (surprisingly) described as fairly effective against battlesuits.

But, well, our GM does sometimes change his assessments of equipment effectiveness.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: March 29, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

Well, a tesla saber sounds like a sword styled plasma cutter to me so I'm fairly certain if can cut a battle suit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14494 on: March 29, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

By the way, I realize these changes may make it so that some people can't use  the weapons they bought (stat changes to weapons). If you're effected by this (and not just because you respec'd  away from it, since you can still change that now) then I'll refund that weapon's price to you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: March 29, 2015, 04:10:48 pm »

Robobody Upgrade Suggestion For PW!

Kinamp Fists- embedded in the fists, with the ability to turn the amps on and off for day to day use.
Remote Hand- hand can seperate from body on a winch cable (can be fired) and remote controlled. Effectively lets one fire off their hand to grab objects from afar and winch them back in.
Monoblade Attachment- get a monoatomic razor placed in a hidden compartment in one's arm.

I know none of these are really crazy. But still, they sound fun to me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: March 29, 2015, 04:39:01 pm »

Extra arms
Nekarios's wall climbing feet
Replace head with a turret
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:54 pm »

I just realised that, having spent my tokens on gimcracks and dangerously green genitalia, I don't actually have a weapon for Operation The Floor Wants To Eat You.

Lol :P

You could ask Miya o borrow a couple tokens and at least grab a laser rifle(or grab the x3 gauss rifle from the market)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: March 29, 2015, 05:00:14 pm »

Robo-body upgrade suggestions:
Moving braincase to somewhere else than the center of torso (a nasty surprise on too well-trained foes like Sods)
Rocket pack of Mk III (tailored for the robot body - plus so there's no reason to split the Mk III features)
Ducted fans of Mk IIIA (tailored for the robot body - same as above)
Ability to dig in and stabilize (similar to Lukas's - providing a bonus or advantage to Str in regards to firing weapons)
Extra tentacle arms
Full Nekarios's Leg package (Six legs, increased balance and speed, etc.)
Advanced armor & insulation for the braincase (chem-, electricity-, energy-, radiation-resistant, etc.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14499 on: March 29, 2015, 05:02:28 pm »

A robobody that is so cute nobody has the heart to attack it.
A robobody that can transform into a desirable form of the opposite sex of most enemies we are likely to encounter.

More seriously, a robobody attachment created for stealth and infiltration. Perhaps a covering of an advanced form of the holographic system used for emoticons that can allow them to have different faces and clothes, like an urban executor's cloak by better.
Or a very flexible multi-limbed robobody that can take up multiple shapes with a covering by a material similar to the shape-changing data storage device recovered in mission 1 so that they can change shapes from human to dog to octopus and fit through narrow spaces.

An attachable rocket system like the one Simus has.
An energy upgrade that can up their strength to exoskeleton level and/or allow them to run integrated weapons.

@Doris: Why don't you actually try finding out what the radioactive thing does? Try wacking someone on the head with it or using will on it or talking to it or touching it or tasting it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: March 29, 2015, 05:09:12 pm »

A robobody that has been completely crystallized but remains functional. Because who doesn't want their brain to be housed in a prison of angry, psychic crystals?
'Thoughtsphere' attachment consisting of an extra braincase containing a sod. Activated at will to give control over to the sod.
'Deadeye' system like Lukas' one.
Battlestim administration unit. Lets the user pop battlestims on the move without having to take out the pill and put it in.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14501 on: March 29, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »

Something like the Electrified Surface Defense System or Claymore Defense System for robobodies.
Electrical insulation.
A monitoring system that checks the various cameras for danger. Something like a proximity/motion sensor.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: March 29, 2015, 05:25:02 pm »

Rollerblades
Strength upgrade
Agility upgrade
Armour
Built in medkit (become Baymax!)
Built in toolkit
Built in generator
Touch/taste/smell sensors
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: March 29, 2015, 05:27:56 pm »

Housing and lifesupport systems for genetically-modified organisms.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: March 29, 2015, 05:34:40 pm »

Emergency braincase spider-bot for if the body is destroyed.
Retractable spike defense system (to go along with the electrified surface defense system and claymore defense system)
Mechadendrites
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:14:12 pm by NAV »
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 2205