Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492958 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18615 on: June 23, 2015, 02:19:41 pm »

We can regrow entire human bodies, raise the dead, and modify our soldiers' genes to grant them any number of physical advantages. Do you really think we can't make a woman fertile again?
Yah. After all of this, how come we can't forcibly incert dna and  life back into the little swimmers
IIRC, we're almost able to turn stem cells into either sperm/egg cells in the real world. If so, then we should be able to make sperm/eggs from our non-robots.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: June 23, 2015, 02:21:25 pm »

We can regrow entire human bodies, raise the dead, and modify our soldiers' genes to grant them any number of physical advantages. Do you really think we can't make a woman fertile again?
Yah. After all of this, how come we can't forcibly incert dna and  life back into the little swimmers
IIRC, we're almost able to turn stem cells into either sperm/egg cells in the real world. If so, then we should be able to make sperm/eggs from our non-robots.
Perhaps this can be weaponized
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: June 23, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »

Perhaps this can be weaponized
How? Seriously, I want to know how you'd weaponize this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: June 23, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »

It burns if you get it in the eyes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: June 23, 2015, 02:53:04 pm »

Yeah, the children project is probably related to the reason they dragged Jim's body over to Hep. The Sons are a different project altogether. Maybe.

((They haven't done anything to mark their conversation as IC or OOC, and it looks like it's supposed to be IC. If it is, this is the right place.))

Not really. At least half of it was clearly purely OOC posts until Ozarck helped fix it somewhat by coloring his post. I want to avoid more long - and occasionally confusing - OOC talks in the on-ship thread.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: June 23, 2015, 03:09:01 pm »

Yeah, the children project is probably related to the reason they dragged Jim's body over to Hep. The Sons are a different project altogether. Maybe.

So here I have a question. Say, my current character meets her end somehow and I'm making a new one. Can I shoot ahead and say it was someone from Hephaestus or some other place that seeked out the ARM and joined? I mean, how would such a person end up on Sword?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: June 23, 2015, 03:33:59 pm »

Say it was someone already on the Sword, and they felt compelled to join
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: June 23, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »

So here I have a question. Say, my current character meets her end somehow and I'm making a new one. Can I shoot ahead and say it was someone from Hephaestus or some other place that seeked out the ARM and joined? I mean, how would such a person end up on Sword?

Maybe their fiery revolutionary spirit inspired them to fill out a transfer form that'd get them on the Sword via one of those Hephaestus treasure ships that drop off bits of tech from time to time. If Xan can get on one, why not somebody who actually asks?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:48 pm »

I think that option has been more-or-less nixed in the past, sadly.
Also ERMAGERD I GET TO BE RELEVANT TO THE MISSION EEEEEEEEEEEE
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: June 23, 2015, 03:50:32 pm »

I think that option has been more-or-less nixed in the past, sadly.
Also ERMAGERD I GET TO BE RELEVANT TO THE MISSION EEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, alternatively you can just have a character who volunteered for the HMRC on ideological grounds. Or because they had no more attractive place of employment where they're from, which would definitely say something about the place in question. Or maybe on their planet, the HMRC was kind of like the Night's Watch or something and not what it actually is.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18625 on: June 23, 2015, 03:59:16 pm »

Well I had this idea about a character who comes from a planet where serving HMRC would seem heaven compared to "normal living" there. That was one of my reserve character plans. Now it's the only one.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: June 23, 2015, 03:59:36 pm »

"Only one in a million cool kids get to HMRC!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: June 23, 2015, 04:02:16 pm »

Not quite so. Though my backstory indeed features an element of competition.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: June 23, 2015, 04:02:52 pm »

Maybe someone inspired by Space YouTube videos of Thomas and May going at it. Or just a disaffected, strong-willed office drone who wants to join the HMRC because he'd like to kill people with his mind (or just with a gun that's far beyond his reach in civilian life), damn the consequences. Or a suicidal individual who feels this ought to be a much grander suicide than shooting yourself in the face.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:04:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18629 on: June 23, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »

Or a suicidal individual who feels this ought to be a much grander suicide than shooting yourself in the face.

I wanted to do that with my previous character. But he succeeded too fast, so no fun was produced.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 2205