Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492970 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18600 on: June 23, 2015, 07:49:48 am »

Q&A conference for the new project! Gotta love the public attention! :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More questions?

((Edit: @Devastator Sorry if anything of the above came as insulting, I never had that in mind. I just wanted to point out some possible weak links in those ultra-bleak conjectures of yours. ))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:02:32 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: June 23, 2015, 09:08:04 am »

Are we going to start kidnapping homeless people and orphans with our flying saucers?

Why bother when you can just breed prisoners you already have like cattle?  Just a couple hundred, plus samples from the long term staffers, should be enough for viable genetic diversity to run a breeding effort.  Plus, if you need more diversity, just ask each male PC to make a "donation."  "Steve, you want me to do what in the cup before the next Heph shipment?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:01 am »

Are we going to start kidnapping homeless people and orphans with our flying saucers?

Why bother when you can just breed prisoners you already have like cattle?  Just a couple hundred, plus samples from the long term staffers, should be enough for viable genetic diversity to run a breeding effort.  Plus, if you need more diversity, just ask each male PC to make a "donation."  "Steve, you want me to do what in the cup before the next Heph shipment?"
I support the prisoner breeding, as a prisoner of course.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18603 on: June 23, 2015, 09:33:05 am »

Ah, come on, but probing and dissecting clueless people is half the fun.
Paint our suits green and give them giant eyes and we can start an urban legend.
Plus, nobody is going to believe those abducted, so we'll be somewhat safe from prosecution.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18604 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:52 am »

There's the troubling fact, however, that stasis, if I recall correctly, has made the people on interstellar voyages sterile. That, and increased the risk of malignant tumors, was it?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18605 on: June 23, 2015, 10:23:03 am »

There's the troubling fact, however, that stasis, if I recall correctly, has made the people on interstellar voyages sterile. That, and increased the risk of malignant tumors, was it?
wait. That means no need for protection WOOOOH!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: June 23, 2015, 10:24:37 am »

You can still get space herpes though
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: June 23, 2015, 10:35:50 am »

((Edit: @Devastator Sorry if anything of the above came as insulting, I never had that in mind. I just wanted to point out some possible weak links in those ultra-bleak conjectures of yours. ))

You don't need to apologize, Nik.  Your plan does sould like the plan of quite a few of the evildoers in giant robot anime, for instance..

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: June 23, 2015, 12:11:19 pm »

Surely at least a few people are still fertile.  It can't be 100% chance from the first go, since other worlds have been colonized.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18609 on: June 23, 2015, 12:44:33 pm »

Surely at least a few people are still fertile.  It can't be 100% chance from the first go, since other worlds have been colonized.
...by ships that weren't using the cheapest form of stasis availiable for ~300 years or more with no regard for the well being of the passengers because "fuck it, we have reserves".

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18610 on: June 23, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

...by ships that weren't using the cheapest form of stasis availiable for ~300 years or more with no regard for the well being of the passengers because "fuck it, we have reserves".
don't forget the "and these are incredibly expendable animated meat chunks" bit for the prisoners, too.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: June 23, 2015, 01:29:17 pm »

We can regrow entire human bodies, raise the dead, and modify our soldiers' genes to grant them any number of physical advantages. Do you really think we can't make a woman fertile again?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: June 23, 2015, 01:30:54 pm »

We can regrow entire human bodies, raise the dead, and modify our soldiers' genes to grant them any number of physical advantages. Do you really think we can't make a woman fertile again?
Yah. After all of this, how come we can't forcibly incert dna and  life back into the little swimmers
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: June 23, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »

Also. I can't seem to switch my char sheet to the new one that is less minmaxy and less shit. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAbkp5RDL0nbZZfuOXFm53u4uFjJ3aOh0e-5T0938Kk/edit?usp=sharing

Wiki updated.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: June 23, 2015, 02:14:05 pm »

Thanks
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 2205